The Great Welfare Myth

Posted in the Rochester Forum

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#1 Apr 6, 2013
Mick and Mairead Philpott, who were convicted of killing six of their children in a fire, have raised the welfare debate

LMMFSassyAO!!!!!!!

They’re bamboozled as to why the down-at-heel haven’t peeled their eyes away from the Jeremy Kyle Show, got off their subsidised sofas and marched to Whitehall to demand:‘Leave our welfare payments alone.’

Where well-off, Left-leaning do-gooders in Britain’s leafier suburbs are weeping into their macchiato coffees over the Tories’ trims to welfare spending, the poor seem unmoved. What is wrong with these ungrateful urchins, plummy-voiced radicals wonder?

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#2 Apr 6, 2013
White people are funny----EVERYWHERE!
Big Daddy Don

Dracut, MA

#4 Apr 6, 2013
Welfare recepients are living the good life. LOL. Whatever. The amount of money they get is a joke. It's nothing. No welfare recepient is living the "good life". Yeah, they're getting a handout, but at the end of the day, they're still stuck in shi##y neighborhoods, not really living any kind of quality life. Sure, they might have a few trinkets, but their stuck in a hole. I don't resent them. I feel sorry for them. And by " them", I'm not referring to any specific color. There are all kinds of welfare recepients and they're all society's bottom dwellers.
Healthy EBT Recepient

Rochester, NY

#5 Apr 6, 2013
Big Daddy Don wrote:
Welfare recepients are living the good life. LOL. Whatever. The amount of money they get is a joke. It's nothing. No welfare recepient is living the "good life". Yeah, they're getting a handout, but at the end of the day, they're still stuck in shi##y neighborhoods, not really living any kind of quality life. Sure, they might have a few trinkets, but their stuck in a hole. I don't resent them. I feel sorry for them. And by " them", I'm not referring to any specific color. There are all kinds of welfare recepients and they're all society's bottom dwellers.
u ain't seen my family. we living large. eating good. go on vacations. wear the best clothes, hair and nails done. got a nice house. several nice vehicles, no jalopies. yeah. all day everyday. don't be fooled. we live better than many 2 paycheck families.
BillyBob

Penfield, NY

#7 Apr 7, 2013
Healthy EBT Recepient wrote:
<quoted text>
u ain't seen my family. we living large. eating good. go on vacations. wear the best clothes, hair and nails done. got a nice house. several nice vehicles, no jalopies. yeah. all day everyday. don't be fooled. we live better than many 2 paycheck families.
Congratulations. You gamed the system. Good for you to take the initiative to better yourself and your family. It's no so hard.

I only hope 'Morality' features you as a brother that broke through to the other side. Enjoying the better things in life is a reward in itself. Nothing better than a positive success story.
Big Daddy Don

United States

#8 Apr 7, 2013
Healthy EBT Recepient wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. I doubt your living in a " nice house". You're living on handouts, which means you're far from wealthy. Even the people who think they're gaming the system really don't have jack. You'd be better off getting yourself educated or a trade so you could make real money. That way you could move up in society and stop being a bottom dweller. Welfare recepients only impress other welfare recepients. Just some free advice.
BillyBob

Penfield, NY

#9 Apr 7, 2013
Big Daddy Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try. I doubt your living in a " nice house". You're living on handouts, which means you're far from wealthy. Even the people who think they're gaming the system really don't have jack. You'd be better off getting yourself educated or a trade so you could make real money. That way you could move up in society and stop being a bottom dweller. Welfare recepients only impress other welfare recepients. Just some free advice.
I totally agree. Brilliant.
Healthy EBT Recepient

Rochester, NY

#10 Apr 7, 2013
Big Daddy Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about wealthy? for your info..I WORK TOO!!
Got money coming in from the front and back!
Healthy EBT Recepient

Rochester, NY

#11 Apr 7, 2013
Big Daddy Don wrote:
Who are you trying to convince, you or ME? My life speaks for itself. I got it going ON. I'm in school too.

Since: Mar 13

Rochester, NY

#12 Apr 7, 2013
The greatest myth....
It is there to help people.
Fact is it is a system designed to keep people dependant,ignorant,and immobile.
Healthy EBT Recipient

Rochester, NY

#14 Apr 7, 2013
DotDashDashDotDot wrote:
The greatest myth....
It is there to help people.
Fact is it is a system designed to keep people dependant,ignorant,and immobile.
I think it's really payback, instead of paycheck. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Cosby Accusers By the Bushel 16 min Roger 25
Harris Unfairly Slams Gates PD, Makes Outrageou... 1 hr Ricardo 21
White victim fights back on cullerd thug bully 1 hr Gary 3
Whites report a false sexual assault claim abou... 1 hr Gary 8
Who is the 2007 Gates brutality victim ? 2 hr Thomas 2
Show this to Verbakel 2 hr Thomas 2
UR Medicine Offers Free Foot Screening for Diab... 2 hr Dr Lewek 8

High Wind Watch for Monroe County was issued at November 23 at 3:50AM EST

Rochester Dating
Find my Match