More layoffs for Clear Channel Radio

More layoffs for Clear Channel Radio

There are 63 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Apr 28, 2009, titled More layoffs for Clear Channel Radio. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

News 10NBC has confirmed that Clear Channel Radio has layed off three of its employees today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JOE L

United States

#1 Apr 28, 2009
Should have fired Brother Flees instead..im sure a much bigger waste of money
Jenny C

Canandaigua, NY

#3 Apr 28, 2009
I hear on the streets that becuase Wease isn't pulling in the dough that Clear Channel expected him to, that they fired the 2 other on-air talents. So think about it, knock off his own morning show competition and be a hero and get two brand new studios (HSBC Tower and State-Exchange) Hope Mr. "Spread the Wealth" Liberal (King Lib) Wease helps these 2 other guys out with the money he's making until they get back on their feet!Channel 10, please ask Ms. Dollinger why Wease gets 2 studios (saving money?) and these guys get the axe?
timmy

Rochester, NY

#4 Apr 28, 2009
Wease has a contract. So they would probably still have to pay him anyhow. That industry is the most cut throat out there.
Laughing at you

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2009
It's about time Rochester is rid of Eric the "E man".... maybe now his head will deflate to normal size and he will stop thinking he is a celebrity.
George Kauffman

Wyoming, NY

#6 Apr 28, 2009
Senator Arlen Specter jumping into the Democrat Party is a WIN for the Republicans. He has been voting the Democratic Way for years, he was losing his chance to lead the Judicial Wing and he was losing the Republican Primaries where he has been Senator for Five Terms. If you don't believe me, ask the New Democrat to count to Five with no coaching. A word to the wise Arlen, keep your new friends in front of you.
13suks

Batavia, NY

#7 Apr 28, 2009
LOL, they should just close 1180 wham all together, sorta like GM dropping Pontiac.

Who wants to listen to the line-up of Bob Looneyberry, Boss Rush Limbaugh, and Michael Savage??

I think the only people how listen to them bigots are the bigots who work at 13wham. I know Evan Dawson loves Bob Looneyberry.
13suks

Batavia, NY

#8 Apr 28, 2009
Go to 1180's web site, they have this poll:

--------President Obama is wrapping up his 'First 100 Days in Office'. Grade his performance so far??-------

And over 62 percent of their listeners gave Obama
an "F-" .

What does that tell you???
see what

Rochester, NY

#9 Apr 28, 2009
So what about that rasit bastard LOONEYBERRY? Come on Rochester and the surrounding areas, This is your moment to speak your peice, He sits an says the he is the great amercan, but he failed to make his child support payments, because he thought it was more important to buy buletts, he was oncce married for less than 24 hours. I also have doubts when he said that he servered our country. He is and always will be a p*** of S**t.
13 is the same as 1180

Batavia, NY

#10 Apr 28, 2009
Looneyberry isn't even from Rochester. He doesn't even live in Monroe County, but he is always talking trash about the City. And when he talks about it he says things like "our city".
Its NOT "his" city!!! He needs to go pay his child support. I wonder why his wife left him? I wonder why his second wife left him? Maybe the same reason Boss Rush's wife left him. They talk about the Great America, yet they are all losers that talk nothing but hatred and can't even keep their own family together.
slammer

Rochester, NY

#11 Apr 28, 2009
Its the same reason Alan Levin abandoned his special needs child and has been divorced 2 times already.They are both scrubs of the highest order.If you want to listen to a intelligent talk show host who is a real conservative check out Micheal Savage.He is the real deal and not a phony like Alan and Bob.
Bart

Canandaigua, NY

#12 Apr 28, 2009
Radio is dead and so is the D&C.
BigG

Rochester, NY

#13 Apr 28, 2009
All the local radio shows suck. Hey 94.1- please bring back O and A! Thank God for Rover in the mornings.
Straight Shooter

Fairport, NY

#14 Apr 28, 2009
Savage? You mean Michael Alan Weiner. Who divorced his first wife, supported her 2 abortions. Hung out with Tim Leary and Allen Ginsberg.

Yet he's among the radio shills who tout that same sex marriage is against the sanctity of marriage.
Oh so I guess divorces dont make a mockery of the institution of marriage? what about other radio guys who hide behind religion and were divorced.

Rush - 3 divorces and no kids THANK GOD
Boob Loonsberry - 1 divorce, 1 annulment
Glen Beck - divorce due to his alcoholism
Laura Schlessinger - divorced, and caused breakup of her 2nd hubby's marriage by getting knocked up
13 is the same as 1180

Batavia, NY

#15 Apr 28, 2009
Looneyberry has 6 KIDS!!!!
He's had 3 WIVES!!!!!
He's been fired from jobs over and over!!!!
He's behind in his child support payments!!!
And "he" has the nerve to talk about blacks??
LMFAO.
joe

Webster, NY

#16 Apr 28, 2009
Cant Help Loving ROCH.NY.
Straight Shooter

Fairport, NY

#17 Apr 28, 2009
Try 7 kids for Boob L.
Lee in Utah (dad got him a job at station he broadcasts from there), Hannah, Aubrey, and Sophie from wife 1
Jack, Ellie and Rob from wife 2
and maybe a love child from his Mormon missionary work with Navajo & Pueblo natives in the SW
slammer

Rochester, NY

#18 Apr 28, 2009
So now we have a conservative vs liberal argument going while the true intention of my posts is to expose Alan Levin as the true hypocrite that he is.Bob is not a real conservative so I find it hard to slam him on ethical issues but if you feel you have to degrade people to build up Alan Levin I can deal with that.I am all about facts and let the chips fall where they may.
I had never heard that Micheal Savage was divorced so I will have to check out the facts on that before I lay my opinion down.I can tell you that he is extremely intelligent and Alan Levin is desperately trying hold on to market share in a small market like Rochester while Savage is burning up the ratings with his TRUE conservative beliefs.

As far as the coloreds go I wish they never sold there own people to the traders because they will be the downfall of this country along with Liberals allowing them to continue to play the victim card.Remember people most liberals are wealthy and are not willing to give up a dime(especially the Hebs ) while taking your money to pay for there grand ideas.Think fast ferry ,100 million dollars on a liberal fantasy of a big Johnson supported by Alan Levin.I am more interested in the thievery of the liberal government programs than I am in how many divorces a man or woman has.The reason I have to remind people of Alan Levins transgressions is because he is a hypocrite and has no moral clarity to tell people they should support a fast ferry or any other government program.On top of that he destroyed a number of jobs for the possibility of personal gain while ignoring the HARD working people who worked for the old show.More to come.

“The Wise One”

Since: Sep 07

The Heart of the Heartland

#19 Apr 28, 2009
13suks wrote:
Go to 1180's web site, they have this poll:
--------President Obama is wrapping up his 'First 100 Days in Office'. Grade his performance so far??-------
And over 62 percent of their listeners gave Obama
an "F-" .
What does that tell you???
That BO is a loser, just like you...
cjk

United States

#20 Apr 28, 2009
I for one, like Bob Lonsberry's show, and nissed it when he was fired. I don't always agree with him, but he makes me think.
slammer

Rochester, NY

#22 Apr 28, 2009
The only reason Obama is the president is because Bush was a lousy one.If Bush was even remotely conservative we would not be in the mess we are today.Rush covered for him to a fault and now we have to pick up the pieces.

I can assure you that I have never lost a argument with a liberal because there entire belief is based on more government at all costs.Liberty is not based on this and it never will be.

Alan Levin let his fake liberalism fly on the old show and it helped all of us at cmf because it invoked a response ,usually anger but it was all a act.Alan is not truly a liberal because if he was he would not have left CMF for the chance to earn more money at Clear Channel.That is no sign of a liberal but rather a capitalist.If he was honest I would not have a problem with him but its the hypocrisy of the left that inspires me to expose them for what they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kodak Launches 'Ektra' Smartphone - Question 1 hr IescapedNY 8
Top 10 reasons why Rochester is terrible (Jul '16) 5 hr IescapedNY 50
IescapedNY Challenge 8 hr IescapedNY 21
Trump Acts Like Baboon at NATO Meeting 8 hr IescapedNY 2
Northwest Service Center and Ron Penders 9 hr Disappointed 1
The nottick era on topix is over 9 hr Nottick 2
Impeach Trump Now Website 9 hr Lionel C 26

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance