Netflix to delay delivery of Warner's latest DVDs

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

Netflix customers will have to wait a bit longer to see the latest movies -- if those films are distributed by Warner Brothers.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2010

Since: Nov 09

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

BOO !!!!
phil

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

time warner should change its name to time greed
doh

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

That's fair...I have no problem with that. I usually watch a movie from netflix and if it's good, I'll buy a copy. If it's not good, it's cost me a few cents from netflix. I can wait 28 days. Message to studios though...put out more GOOD films and you'll make more money.
lil mama

Farmington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

I dont like it and its not going to make me rush out and buy the movie instead. Everyones just out to make that extra buck
Julia

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Why not just go to Blockbuster?
eric

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Well this is good news for Blockbuster! now instead of getting your movie from netflix people will just go rent it from blockbuster
ROFL

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Nice try TW. Now more and more folks will just d/l from the net.
Susan

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

phil wrote:
time warner should change its name to time greed
This has nothing to do with Time Warner.
phil

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Susan wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with Time Warner.
who do you think owns warner brothers - time warner does
briteyez44

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Time Warner Inc. owns all Time Life Book companies (27 in all) and also owns:
On Cable:
HBO, CNN (8 CNN networks), Court TV, Time Warner Cable services, Road Runner interactive services, New York 1, Kablevision (Hungary)
On Film and Television:
Warner Bros.(studios, film production and distrbution,) WB Television Network, Hanna Barbera Cartoons, Telepictures Production, Witt - Thomas Productions, Castle Rock Entertainment, Warner Home Video, Warner Bros pay TV, Warner Bros Theaters, TBS Superstation, Turner Network Television, Turner South, Cartoon Network (3 channels), Turner Classic Movies, TNT, New Line Cinema, Fine Line Features, Turner Original Productions
In Print:
Time Magazine (8 publications,) Fortune, Life, Sports Illustrated (3 magazines,) People (4 publications,) Entertainment Weekly (2 publications,) and 58 additional monthly or weekly publications.
In Music:
Time Warner Music, Atlantic Records, Rhino, Elektra, and 49 other music production companies.
In Partnership:
Joint ventures with Sony on Columbia House marketing, Music Sound Exchange, Viva, Channel V, Heartland Music,
Online:
CompuServe Interactive, The Knot Inc, MapQuest.com , Spinner.com , Winamp, DrKoop.com , Legend.
In Sports:
Atlanta Braves
In Retail:
MovieFone, iAmaze,(partial) Amazon.com , Quack.com
Just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Who cares.. They should delay it for months. Americans are getting fat from sitting in front of the TV watching the latest movie release... Put down the remote people...put down the remote.
Susan

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

phil wrote:
<quoted text>who do you think owns warner brothers - time warner does
I stand corrected then. I had no idea.

“My POV”

Since: Feb 08

Rochester area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

doh wrote:
That's fair...I have no problem with that. I usually watch a movie from netflix and if it's good, I'll buy a copy. If it's not good, it's cost me a few cents from netflix. I can wait 28 days. Message to studios though...put out more GOOD films and you'll make more money.
I agree with you, I rarely will buy a DVD (at 20-25$ a pop for new releases) unless I've seen it and like it and want to see it again. I've tried Blockbuster and their service just isn't up to the same par as Netflix. So I will wait the 28 days, then wait another few weeks for it to come off the "long/short wait" list anyway. Still waiting for "Night At the Museum 2".
hippo crate

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

sandy4514 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, I rarely will buy a DVD (at 20-25$ a pop for new releases) unless I've seen it and like it and want to see it again. I've tried Blockbuster and their service just isn't up to the same par as Netflix. So I will wait the 28 days, then wait another few weeks for it to come off the "long/short wait" list anyway. Still waiting for "Night At the Museum 2".
I'm not sure where RedBox fits in to all of this but it really is an awesome way to get movies. I've been doing it since they have been out in my area. I am not sure how they are with the latest releases because I am not up on what is current or not. I'm all done buying movies, I rarely watch anything twice. Also, since I don't have a chance to watch many movies, including popular ones, the library is a great source. You can see what is available on the internet and go down and grab it. I usually go down the list of the most popular movies as told by imdb.com and then check the library from home. Time warner really doesn't have a good enough rotation to warrent paying for it on a monthly basis.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Rochester Forum right now

Search the Rochester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
topix is run by racist jiggers 2 hr RacistFireCrotch BarnFart 1
topix is jigger lovers 2 hr RacistFireCrotch BarnFart 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr General Robert E Lee 6,361
7 Investigates: Cigarette lighters spark concerns 3 hr Ha Ha 3
What is your biggest pet peeve 3 hr Ha Ha 25
My HOME BOY shoots baby in stroller DAY GOT PIC 4 hr RacistFireCrotch BarnFart 4
post WHATS BETTER PANTYHOSE OR BAG FOR HEAD 4 hr RacistFireCrotch BarnFart 3
•••

Flood Watch for Monroe County was issued at July 27 at 8:47PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••