Thunderbirds on Hold for Rochester Air Show

Full story: RochesterHomepage.net

It's an event that draws thousands of people to the Rochester airport, especially when the Thunderbirds are the star of the show.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Apr 4, 2013

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Another thing he cut was White House tours! They will end due to staff cutting. LOL! How friggin stupid does this Dictator think we are??? Why doesn't he just build a moat around it and have anyone who even looks in the general direction shot on sight! I wonder if when his 2nd term is over if he will actually step down or try and change the law for a third term.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

"Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Republican of Washington and chairwoman of the House Republican Conference, similarly welcomed tourists to visit the Capitol, and accused President Obama of playing politics with the budget cuts.

“It’s unfortunate the president has chosen to implement his sequester by canceling White House tours instead of urging Senate Democrats to cut wasteful spending,” she said in a statement.“We welcome the opportunity to provide a free tour of the U.S. Capitol to anyone visiting Washington who will now be unable to visit the White House because of the president’s decision. Spending is the problem. And instead of making responsible spending cuts, the president has now denied American people access to the White House.”

Representative James Lankford, Republican of Oklahoma, said he was “a little surprised” that the White House had shut down tours, calling the decision “a dramatic overreaction.”

“The White House always tries to make things as public and harsh as they can, rather than saying they’re going to try to reduce spending and make responsible decisions,” he said.“They are trying to reduce access and trying to make it look bad.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/us/politics...

What a complete loser this man is. He's a sorry excuse for a President. Anyone who continues to support this whining baby is either on the dole or an idiot.

I'm sure this entire thread will go POOF very, very soon! But I will be relentless on this!
J F M

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

250 million dollars & expensive(as well as classified) weapons to our enemies, & screw the American people... May as well cancel the Rochester Air Show. Without a serious headliner, it isn't worth the aggravation & price to attend. Much like this state & national governments now. Constitution? What Constitution?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Grady Stiles wrote:
Wasn't Obumma just crying that the sky was falling because of the sequester cuts, with the stock market hitting a record high just a few days later? He's endlessly crying wolf and lying just so he can drive his personal agenda. This is all just another ploy to block public access and infringe upon our rights to open government. How long before he and Tiger start hosting private parties in the West Wing, whenever Michelle and the kids are outta town????
You mean Larry Sinclair dont you?

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I bet not a single one of Michelle Obama's staffers are going to be cut.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
I bet not a single one of Michelle Obama's staffers are going to be cut.
Of course not. She needs 25 staffers to make that wig of hers look half way decent.
Big Daddy Don

Belmont, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Be careful what you say about Der Fuehrer, you might have your house taken out by a drone. Only half kidding.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Big Daddy Don wrote:
Be careful what you say about Der Fuehrer, you might have your house taken out by a drone. Only half kidding.
I don't understand the only kidding part? Dont piss off deer leader.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>Mwuuuuuaaah! X0X0 http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zkYHCr3N1d0/T7RwO2Z...
LOLOL!!!! Perfect! Two dictators! Love it!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

J F M wrote:
250 million dollars & expensive(as well as classified) weapons to our enemies, & screw the American people... May as well cancel the Rochester Air Show. Without a serious headliner, it isn't worth the aggravation & price to attend. Much like this state & national governments now. Constitution? What Constitution?
According to the CBO & GAO the Obama family has costed taxpayers over 1.3 BILLION DOLLARS since he has been in office. This inculudes his pay,expense account,czars,staff and all of Michele's(sp?)staff.The rest of the money is for his vacations,golf,WH parties,ect.which haven't been covered for any president before,but are covered for Obama.Obama should pay for his use of AF-1 when it isn't used for "offical" business,he hasn't paid a dime so far for either him or his wife's use of the other aircraft. Must be nice to have the MSM and the sheepel in his back pocket. Wake up people,Obama thinks he is the king of OUR country and is living the high life on the taxpayers. BTW: That wasn't a typo about the amount,it is over 1.3 BILLION DOLLARS and that is the goverment's numbers,not mine!!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>According to the CBO & GAO the Obama family has costed taxpayers over 1.3 BILLION DOLLARS since he has been in office. This inculudes his pay,expense account,czars,staff and all of Michele's(sp?)staff.The rest of the money is for his vacations,golf,WH parties,ect.which haven't been covered for any president before,but are covered for Obama.Obama should pay for his use of AF-1 when it isn't used for "offical" business,he hasn't paid a dime so far for either him or his wife's use of the other aircraft. Must be nice to have the MSM and the sheepel in his back pocket. Wake up people,Obama thinks he is the king of OUR country and is living the high life on the taxpayers. BTW: That wasn't a typo about the amount,it is over 1.3 BILLION DOLLARS and that is the goverment's numbers,not mine!!
Obama likes RAPING the American people.
Ha Ha

Iraq

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

We aren't missing anything with the Thunderbirds not showing up for the rochester air show.

The Rochester Airshow is the lamest of all airshows.

The management refuses to let the air carriers skip a day's "Rent" for the air show, so they have to interupt the show to allow commercial traffic to take off and land.

The security doesn't allow you to bring your own food or drinks to the show, so get gouged at the consession stands.

You are not allowed to get a close look at any of the planes as they are always behind braided rope!
Ha Ha

Iraq

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the Gummint won't pay for the blue angels or the the Thunderbirds ... but their spy drones over amaerica are fully financed.

Maybe they should paint some drones like the blue angels and let them do the regular airshow ciruit.
yep

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

ROC airshow is a JOKE! Go to the Nellis Air Show where it is FREE!!!! Over priced everything! Food being handled by some people that look homeless. No WAY!

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

well, Obamo-dolts, the airshow is cancelled, tours are postponed, roads not being repaired; but, Barry & the wife are still doing some fine vacations on our dime.
what a freaing joke.
Ron Reagan is doing 360's in his grave.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i_m_watching wrote:
well, Obamo-dolts, the airshow is cancelled, tours are postponed, roads not being repaired; but, Barry & the wife are still doing some fine vacations on our dime.
what a freaing joke.
Ron Reagan is doing 360's in his grave.
The Obama's have taken 6,yes 6 vacations on the taxpayer's dime in the last 3 months alone. Who of you out there get free vacations every 2 weeks? Just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Rochester Forum right now

Search the Rochester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Former NFL star announces Rochester plans 3 min Nicbotard13 26
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 8 min Fox News Commie 6,349
Johns Hopkins Hospital learns the hard way why ... 8 min Ha Ha 2
Rochester officially a 'Let's Move' city 11 min suburban culture 15
Brooks opposes Seneca Casino 21 min You smell lik dew dew 3
What is your biggest pet peeve 1 hr The KURGAN 30
Topix to delete its site soon 1 hr The KURGAN 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••