Sonic Drive-in coming to Rochester

Sonic Drive-in coming to Rochester

There are 75 comments on the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle story from Jun 17, 2013, titled Sonic Drive-in coming to Rochester. In it, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports that:

Sonic Drive-in, which bills itself as American's largest drive-in restaurant chain, may be coming to Rochester in a big way over the next several years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.

Merna

Rochester, NY

#22 Jun 20, 2013
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
I hate all fast food chains, but the southern ones the most. Chick-FIll-A is DISGUSTING and they're run by a bunch of extremist fundamentalists who hate minorities and homosexuals.
What an endorsement. We need a Chick-FILL-A in Rochester. We can hold our Topix strategy meetings there. Separate restrooms?

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#23 Jun 20, 2013
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
Also, can someone explain to me why this article says "Sonic Drive-Ins Coming to Rochester"? We all know that these Sonics will not be opening anywhere NEAR the City of Rochester. Far from it. Henrietta is NOT Rochester. People in the City of Rochester don't eat f*cking garbage white trash food.
Every time I stop at a gas station in the city there is always someone buying Slim Jims or a bag of pork rinds - so much for that theory.

Plus, aren't you the one always on here with the holier-than-thou attitude that can see past race?
Anonymous

Brockport, NY

#24 Jun 20, 2013
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
Also, can someone explain to me why this article says "Sonic Drive-Ins Coming to Rochester"? We all know that these Sonics will not be opening anywhere NEAR the City of Rochester. Far from it. Henrietta is NOT Rochester. People in the City of Rochester don't eat f*cking garbage white trash food.
A bag of chips and a soda is not breakfast.
Mr Gray

Rochester, NY

#25 Jun 20, 2013
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
Chick-Fill-A sucks major D and so does Waffle House. I hate all these southern fast food chains. I mean, I hate all fast food chains, but the southern ones the most. Chick-FIll-A is DISGUSTING and they're run by a bunch of extremist fundamentalists who hate minorities and homosexuals. They can burn for all I care.
Waffle House is the same deal. Last time I stepped foot in one of those redneck shacks I saw them preparing their expired food in a kitchen full of stink bugs. Nasty.
THEY ARE NOT LIBERAL like you? They believe in hard work, great service and great food? Shame on you Waffle House and Chick-Fill-A. Hard work and biblical principals may save America. Its the liberals that are destroying America.
The man

United States

#26 Jun 21, 2013
Kwame Najo Tetteh wrote:
Chick-Fill-A sucks major D and so does Waffle House. I hate all these southern fast food chains. I mean, I hate all fast food chains, but the southern ones the most. Chick-FIll-A is DISGUSTING and they're run by a bunch of extremist fundamentalists who hate minorities and homosexuals. They can burn for all I care.
Waffle House is the same deal. Last time I stepped foot in one of those redneck shacks I saw them preparing their expired food in a kitchen full of stink bugs. Nasty.
"extremist fundamentalists who hate minorities and homosexuals." Your point?

Let's hope Chick-fil-A opens here.
Westsider

Fairport, NY

#27 Jun 21, 2013
So when the Sonic Drive In opens, does that mean blacks will just have car to car shoot outs since they don't have to leave their vehicles like they do at the Golden Corral?

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

The Elite Northeast

#29 Jun 21, 2013
Troy H writes:

"Very 'eclectic' group of diners, here ... If you are flustered easily by rough around the edges people, dont come here."

Eclectic - that's hilarious
Westsider

Fairport, NY

#30 Jun 21, 2013
I was directing more towards whitley's review about the gang assault caused by HER family, and of course the persceived racism. She should be thanking the manager for not having her worthless a$$ thrown in jail, instead of calling him racist.
Mr Gray

Rochester, NY

#32 Jun 21, 2013
Hope. Chick-fil-A opens here. They do not support Gays. Don't eat there if you do not like there biblical attitudes. More people support Chic-fil-A then gays.

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

The Elite Northeast

#33 Jun 21, 2013
Mr Gray wrote:
Hope. Chick-fil-A opens here. They do not support Gays. Don't eat there if you do not like there biblical attitudes. More people support Chic-fil-A then gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-2-gf4OZyh4XX
Do the employees tell people to have a blessed day after each transaction too?
Sonic Dude

Rochester, NY

#34 Dec 11, 2013
Where is Sonic going in Henrietta is the question?? I cant think of a good place for it? First thought would be Kohls plaza on West Henny, but that is taken over by that trashy Texas Roadhouse. Oh gross. Food is grubby and overcooked and its just terrible service in there. I mean, we waited over 20 minutes for our soft drinks ! I went into the bathroom and there was blood on the floor in the MENS room? What?? Brought it to a managers attention and nothing was done about it. I went to the bathroom before we left (we were there over 2 hours, horrible service and long wait time for food) and there was simply FOOT PRINTS in the blood. Gross. When I escalate to a manager about BLOOD ...it should be attended to IMMEDIATELY!
Poog1

Rochester, NY

#35 Dec 11, 2013
Hylan Drive and Jefferson in the Mall parking lot. Pond to be moved. Its top secret.
Poog1

Rochester, NY

#36 Dec 11, 2013
The big question is when will the build a Golden Coral in the city? If ya know what I am sayin.
RePigs friend

Rochester, NY

#37 Dec 11, 2013
Poog1 wrote:
The big question is when will the build a Golden Coral in the city? If ya know what I am sayin.
As soon as they can get enough bullet proof vest and train their employees how to handle a knife attack.
Poog1

Rochester, NY

#38 Dec 11, 2013
RePigs friend wrote:
<quoted text>As soon as they can get enough bullet proof vest and train their employees how to handle a knife attack.
They just need to hire security guards and city police on overtime to manage the pigs at the trough. Ms. Lovely can make it happen.

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#40 Dec 11, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Don Alhart said this one would have indoor seating.
That would be the first Sonic in the country with indoor seating. I doubt it.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#42 Dec 15, 2013
Merna wrote:
<quoted text>
What an endorsement. We need a Chick-FILL-A in Rochester. We can hold our Topix strategy meetings there. Separate restrooms?
If Rochester gets Chick-FILL-A then all the other cities in Upstate NY will want one too. And their food is weird I went to one in Virginia, it was terrible. Now with Sonic, I never went there. As far as I know the Henrietta one will be the second one in Upstate NY.

now we gotta get Jack In The Box up here
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#43 Dec 15, 2013
Agree. Mc & D's on the Ridge is bad. Quit going there because they screwed up 3X out of 4, I went there. No coffee at 9 am Saturday morning Excuse: THEY WERE CLEANING THE COFFEE MACHINE during breakfast rush.
And this was classic on Monroe Ave. Mac. Gave the cashier 34 cents extra to round off to a $10 dollar bill money back. She went to the manager who told me:"Sir we don't do that here". WHAT?? She then over pays me 2.66 in change, more. I kept the overage because I wasn't going to argue with stupidity.
ThatOneBeaut wrote:
I agree that KFC on University is bad. I was there once and had to wait about 20 mins (Fri at 8:30pm mind you) and I thought there was going to be a fight. McDonald's on E.Ridge is notorious for screwing things up. I got a Big Mac with no meat once, and another time I showed up at about 5:45am for a coffee and after waiting about 5 mins they had the nerve to tell me they were closed (it's a 24hr location)

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#44 Dec 15, 2013
Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
If Rochester gets Chick-FILL-A then all the other cities in Upstate NY will want one too. And their food is weird I went to one in Virginia, it was terrible. Now with Sonic, I never went there. As far as I know the Henrietta one will be the second one in Upstate NY.
now we gotta get Jack In The Box up here
Jack in the box is finally starting to come east. They expanded into Ohio about a year ago. Jack in the box is alright but Sonic is better.
Now what I really would love is an In And Out Burger. They will never expand like that though. They have to high a quality standard to expand across the country. Good God I miss those Double Doubles served Animal style though. Damn it.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

#45 Dec 17, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Jack in the box is finally starting to come east. They expanded into Ohio about a year ago. Jack in the box is alright but Sonic is better.
Now what I really would love is an In And Out Burger. They will never expand like that though. They have to high a quality standard to expand across the country. Good God I miss those Double Doubles served Animal style though. Damn it.
Rochester actually used to have a Jack in the Box. I'm not sure exactly when, or how long they were around for, but I recall one day back in the late 1990s seeing a sign for Jack in the Box at Midtown Plaza near the bus terminal. When I went to check it out they were closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Spreads Claim that Clinton's Mentor was K... 8 hr perfect debunker 6
Amanda Ciavarri and Justin Granite are engaged ... 8 hr perfect debunker 51
rochester christian church ministries is a cult... (Oct '07) 11 hr perfect 136
Top 10 reasons why Rochester is terrible 11 hr Ha Ha 44
News Wyant Found Not Guilty In Brighton Murder Case (Dec '12) 15 hr AdamJ 126
News 'Alarm bells went off': Expert used in Anthony ... Sat perfect 3
Trump's shrinking electoral map Fri Ha Ha 21

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance