fartfacerhonda

Lakeville, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2014
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/new...

Shows how stupid the negros are. like it or not its the truff.
Lurker

Rochester, NY

#2 Aug 4, 2014
Very few get high school diplomas. Get used to saying "please drive through."

That will support a family nicely.

They just don't get it.
Lie detector

Kenly, NC

#3 Aug 4, 2014
They will blame everyone but themselves . It's the kneegrow way .
Compared to a H.S. education 30 years ago today's standards are simple - and they can't even grasp this dumbed down curriculum .

What a waste of air ....
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#4 Aug 4, 2014
fartfacerhonda wrote:
http://www.democratandchronicl e.com/story/news/2014/08/02/ci ty-students-get-college-degree s/13501959/
Shows how stupid the negros are. like it or not its the truff.
A college degree doesn't measure success.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2013/0...
Thurston

Rochester, NY

#6 Aug 4, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
A college degree doesn't measure success.
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2013/0...
Wrong again. Without a college degree professional positions are not available.

Sure, a high school diploma will let you work at menial jobs such as a clerk, secretary, lineman, helicopter pilot or locker room attendant, but medicine, law, engineering and education require advanced degrees. Period.

In fact, any decent, reasonably well paying employment requires a college degree. Doubtful many college grads are carrying an EBT card.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#7 Aug 4, 2014
Thurston wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Without a college degree professional positions are not available.
Sure, a high school diploma will let you work at menial jobs such as a clerk, secretary, lineman, helicopter pilot or locker room attendant, but medicine, law, engineering and education require advanced degrees. Period.
In fact, any decent, reasonably well paying employment requires a college degree. Doubtful many college grads are carrying an EBT card.
Wrong Again?!? Wow, you sound just like Patriotard!

If you look at the current headlines, there are many college educated people looking for professional work, and not finding any!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/19/business/ec...

But, There are many folks without degrees who did just fine.
People like:
Bill Gates
John D Rockefeller
Richard Branson
Abraham Licoln
Henry Ford
Wendy's Dave Thomas

And here is a list of a bunch more ...
http://www.collegedropoutshalloffame.com/

By your know it all attitude ... I am sure you have a college degree in something really important like; criminal justice, homeland security or american studies.
So how is your mall cop going?
Thuston

Rochester, NY

#8 Aug 4, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Again?!? Wow, you sound just like Patriotard!
If you look at the current headlines, there are many college educated people looking for professional work, and not finding any!
But, There are many folks without degrees who did just fine.
People like:
Bill Gates
John D Rockefeller
Richard Branson
Abraham Licoln
Henry Ford
Wendy's Dave Thomas
Good deal. Six guys. That's your evidence to support your specious argument? My point is, you have a better chance of being successful early on in your adult life with a college degree. I doubt any sane individual would debate that.

I have earned likely a minimum of 10x more than a high school graduate with a degree(s) that opened otherwise shut doors upon graduation. Additionally, I have been instrumental in many projects that hopefully make life better for many. I continue to be a decision maker for other people... because others buy into my expertise (which college degrees legitimize and fortify). College isn't a bad idea for anyone.

Your examples are an anomaly. How about the millions that didn't have a great idea?

Relative to the mall cop comment, wrong poster. There are days I wish I was a mall cop. Being blissfully vacuous has it's advantages too.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#9 Aug 4, 2014
Thuston wrote:
<quoted text>
Good deal. Six guys. That's your evidence to support your specious argument? My point is, you have a better chance of being successful early on in your adult life with a college degree. I doubt any sane individual would debate that. College isn't a bad idea for anyone.
Your examples are an anomaly. How about the millions that didn't have a great idea?
You obviously didn't look at that link I posted.
There are literally hundreds of people listed, and their various jobs cover a wide range!
Didn't your degree(s) teach you to do the research?

My point is that the degree paradigm is quickly fading in our current job market.
This is because the colleges and universities are are more concerned with making a quick buck and awarding degrees for crap majors that don't really help in the current work force.
People today are going into massive debt to get a degree, and their chances of finding a job that will pay off that debt are quickly drying up in this economy.

Not to mention the government interference in public education;
First, they provide taxpayer funded student loans to make it easier for the masses to get a basket weaving degree, and the interest on these loans is given to the bankers and split with the politicians via lobbyist.
Then the lawmakers and colleges reduce the entry requirements to get into college, so even the lowest SAT scores can get in, and borrow money!

Having a skill and being able to market yourself goes so much further than just a degree.
And don't forget the importance of "the good ole american know who."
There are so many examples of idiots who only got ahead because of who they know.
Thuston wrote:
<quoted text> I have earned likely a minimum of 10x more than a high school graduate with a degree(s) that opened otherwise shut doors upon graduation. Additionally, I have been instrumental in many projects that hopefully make life better for many. I continue to be a decision maker for other people... because others buy into my expertise (which college degrees legitimize and fortify).

I'm happy for you that you think all these people hang on your every word because you have a degree.
I don't happen to be one of them.
Degree(s) are a great accomplishment, but the wizards didn't give the scarecrow intelligence, just a degree.
This same sense of accomplishment can be achieved in other fields as well. It just depends on what circles you travel in.
Most people I have met with degrees, tend to break their own arm patting themselves on the back, while the ones without tend to operate with more common sense.
Thuston wrote:
<quoted text>
Relative to the mall cop comment, wrong poster. There are days I wish I was a mall cop. Being blissfully vacuous has its advantages too.
The Mall Cop comment is a direct reply to you helicopter pilot jab.
I made over $600K in the last two years.
I'd say that's a good reason alone to take all that tuition money and put it into flight school ... you're more likely to find a job than all those lawyers, engineers and academics!(And really, our world would be a much better place if we had fewer lawyers & academics!)
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#10 Aug 4, 2014
I forgot to mention how having a college degree today, only means that you made it through an environment that is overcome with liberal, progressive democrats who give good grades to fools who echo their opions, while giving lower scores to free thinkers.
Thurston

Rochester, NY

#11 Aug 4, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>I made over $600K in the last two years.
I'd say that's a good reason alone to take all that tuition money and put it into flight school ...
Ah, OK. I still maintain that college, along with my exceptional personal achievement on challenging and difficult scenarios, paid dividends for me. Plus, I made some very close friends in both undergrad and grad school, a few of which have paid off in significant income... or introductions to others that resulted in business.

My question is... due to what I know about airline pilot's compensation, how did you qualify for 3x what they earn. Unless you're running cartel flights out of South America, I find it extremely difficult to believe. Additionally, I know the pilots that we contract to fly corporate jets don't earn nearly that. So, if not embellished, good for you.

At least we share the same low opinion of Dizzy Daisy.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#12 Aug 4, 2014
Thurston wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, OK. I still maintain that college, along with my exceptional personal achievement on challenging and difficult scenarios, paid dividends for me. Plus, I made some very close friends in both undergrad and grad school, a few of which have paid off in significant income... or introductions to others that resulted in business.
My question is... due to what I know about airline pilot's compensation, how did you qualify for 3x what they earn. Unless you're running cartel flights out of South America, I find it extremely difficult to believe. Additionally, I know the pilots that we contract to fly corporate jets don't earn nearly that. So, if not embellished, good for you.
Airline pilots don't make squat.
I flew helicopters for the state department as a contractor.
There are still many jobs overseas which pay very well for helicopter pilots.
Being qualified in both makes even more money.
Blackwater folks were making $500 a day.
It paid for a lot of cigars!
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#13 Aug 4, 2014
I don't know why that posted three times ...
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#14 Aug 4, 2014
Thurston wrote:
<quoted text> Ah, OK. I still maintain that college, along with my exceptional personal achievement on challenging and difficult scenarios, paid dividends for me. Plus, I made some very close friends in both undergrad and grad school, a few of which have paid off in significant income... or introductions to others that resulted in business..
I agree that there are some professions REQUIRE a college degree, as you said.
Professions like doctor, Lawyer or engineer.
But there are too many "Fluff" degrees that only prove you can finish 4 to 6 years tolerating the blithering rhetoric from a liberal professor. I think these degrees are a waste of money, time and donít serve the job market.
Like you, I too have had my own share of challenging and difficult scenarios ...(some of which include incoming and outgoing fire) which have paid dividends for me as well. Plus, I have made some very close friends during my flight training and through my flying career, many of whom will call me when the next high paying contract is available.
Making these connections is not limited to a college education, but is available to anyone with the ability to work hard, get along and have perseverance.
Thurston wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we both agree that Diamond Daisy is one poster that probably needs an education!
This agreement is a great place to find common ground.
Thurston

Rochester, NY

#15 Aug 4, 2014
Ha Ha wrote:
Yes, we both agree that Diamond Daisy is one poster that probably needs an education!
This agreement is a great place to find common ground.
Is she challenged? No one can be consistently that squirrelly.

If she is married (doubtful), I feel sorry for her husband and any children she has. They have to listen to her stupidity in person.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#16 Aug 4, 2014
I thought she was very young ... her simple minded posts are like those of a child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
13wham Leaves out another white mugshot of murd... 30 min RacistFireCrotchB... 2
15 to 30 years for kidnapping the Amish girls a... 34 min RacistFireCrotchB... 1
Kimberly and Beck 98 9 The Breakfast Buzz (Jun '11) 50 min Rhondas Cousin 58
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr jthartford 6,435
There should be a job openings website 1 hr Country Boy 4
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 3 hr dissapointed 16,787
First Rochester Sonic restaurant set to open th... 3 hr Diamond Daisy 9
Common core sex ed caught by 6th grade phone pi... 5 hr Maude 36
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rochester News, Events & Info