Teen charged with MCC stabbing

A Rochester man has been charged with a stabbing at MCC. Brighton Police say 19-year-old Ryan Crosbourne faces 1st degree assault and 4th degree weapons charges. Full Story
Amy Watters

Spencerport, NY

#2 Nov 12, 2008
THe campus security should have notified the students, so the students knew that the stabbing was over and they apprehended someone, and they were safe. It's an old thing called: "Peace of mind." Use it!!
studentatmcc

Spencerport, NY

#6 Nov 12, 2008
I attend MCC and what I see is a bunch of students on a daily basis acting as if MCC is a street corner hangout. Students are allowed to dress like a bunch of freaks and they curse like it is a subject in school. I feel the school needs to evaluate the type of students it attracts and tighten up on who they let in. As for the racist post people have made, I would like to tell you that it is all types of people I am talking about. I see all kinds not just one. College is a place to learn and to mature. Hopefully, students have learned this by now. If you want to see what I am talking about just go to the 2nd floor and go to the bookstore area and the lounge, you will see some, but not all, of the imature and appaling students around lunch time. So I hope this incident has brought to life the reality that if MCC does not do something to change the behavior of it's students it will happen again and much worse!
Steph

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 12, 2008
I think MCC did everything they could, and have already caught their suspect. So I give them very much credit for being on the ball with this rare occurrence!
MCC Alumni

Rochester, NY

#8 Nov 12, 2008
studentatmcc wrote:
I attend MCC and what I see is a bunch of students on a daily basis acting as if MCC is a street corner hangout. Students are allowed to dress like a bunch of freaks and they curse like it is a subject in school. I feel the school needs to evaluate the type of students it attracts and tighten up on who they let in. As for the racist post people have made, I would like to tell you that it is all types of people I am talking about. I see all kinds not just one. College is a place to learn and to mature. Hopefully, students have learned this by now. If you want to see what I am talking about just go to the 2nd floor and go to the bookstore area and the lounge, you will see some, but not all, of the imature and appaling students around lunch time. So I hope this incident has brought to life the reality that if MCC does not do something to change the behavior of it's students it will happen again and much worse!
You know what this is a COLLEGE, where students go to learn for their degree, to learn how to become and individual, to be able to be unique (i do agree with it is a place to "College is a place to learn and to mature."). Regardless of how people dress or act, it is who they are. If you have a problem about who some one is by them expressing themselves with clothes, or lanugage - then maybe the problem is not MCC or anyone at the school. Maybe the problem lies with you. It is simple to determine this fact, as once you GROW UP and become a big person who has a job you will realize that people are who they are and YOU can not change them, nor should you!!!! You need to re-evaluate if you were really ready for any college environment and if you should have waited a few years to grow up first. So you could be prepared for the way people in this world act.
Janna

Rochester, NY

#9 Nov 12, 2008
I question why News10NBC keeps harping on this, trying to milk it for sensationalism.

The SUNY Alert System is for use when an ONGOING emergency exists -- that is, when it is dangerous for students to move about campus. The perps were taken into custody immediately and there was no danger to the college community.

If the SUNY ALert system was used as an INFORMATION system, it would become as useful as a fire drill -- just another thing to get ignored.

SHAME on News10NBC for trying to sensationalize on this by posting this type of stuff on their web site, and airing it on their station.

HEre's a thought -- get off your lazy duffs and INVESTIGATE, GET INFORMATION, DO A LITTLE RESEARCH!

But no, that doesn't get ratings, does it?
Pat

Rochester, NY

#10 Nov 12, 2008
It is precisely this sort of reporting (or lack thereof) that keeps me from watching this particular station. All they do is stir the pot and create news, rather than report it.
Bryan

Middleport, NY

#11 Nov 12, 2008
I would just like everybody to know that the man that did the stabbing was my old roommate last year. We both lived in the dorms and I was put I was supposed to live with somebody else but at the last minute they changed my roommate to Ryan Crosbourne. He and I did not get along, and never said more than two words to eachother at a time.
Zack

Rochester, NY

#12 Nov 12, 2008
Holy crap, Ryan Crosbourne was my roommate last year! Thats nuts.
Thai

Webster, NY

#13 Nov 12, 2008
This is very upsetting. Ryan and I have crossed each others paths. He seems to be a very respectful person. This is an unfortunate situation; I was in the hallway on the second floor leaving the lab when I heard the commotion. When I saw Ryan fighting I was shocked to see him in a brawl like that. I canít look at him as a bad person because I know that there is a cause and effect to everything.MCC is a great school and I know that they will pull through this.
Bobbi Guild

Macedon, NY

#14 Nov 13, 2008
It would be nice to know who the victims are. Everyone in Monroe County has people they are about who attend MCC. We worry about them.
No violence tollerance

Webster, NY

#15 Nov 13, 2008
High school is a place to "grow and mature". By the time you're in college you'e an adult. You're there to get the education to start your career. You're no longer children, or even impetuous youth. You're men and women. No, you do NOT have to put up with thugs hanging around the public spaces and calling it a "fashion statement", and yes you most certainly should DEMAND that your school officials screen the people they let in. You're paying good money for an education and that money should buy you a class of people who don't commit crimes. If you don't get success from the officials of the school you are paying then vote with your feet and give your hard earned money to a college that DOES NOT let in criminals and infantile children in men's bodies who throw temper tantrums with fists, knives and guns. You deserve better.
I'm a 51 year old man who went to Finger Lakes Community College when it was brand new and 2 year colleges got no respect at all. Nevertheless we had no stabbings or beatings - none. The school didn't let in thugs, and threw out anyone who suggested they might turn into one. Don't be afraid to demand safety.
concerned

Rochester, NY

#16 Nov 13, 2008
Are you nuts? Individuals?
Tony

AOL

#17 Nov 13, 2008
mcc is nothing but an over crowded high school.Put these thugs in the military if they want to kill people. Probably took Stabbing 101
Mike VanTyne

Rochester, NY

#18 Nov 14, 2008
Amy Watters wrote:
THe campus security should have notified the students, so the students knew that the stabbing was over and they apprehended someone, and they were safe. It's an old thing called: "Peace of mind." Use it!!
I believe that they sent out an email notifying the students. And if you say something like "who checks ther email?", you must not have gone to college. Get your facts straight!!
michelle

Orlando, FL

#19 Nov 15, 2008
What ever happened to the old saying"Innocent Until Proven Guilty".It is ironic that 4 students were involved in a fight,The two that are now labeled as the victims were also the ones that started the fight but no one is talking about that.Monday is not here yet and already the verdict is in that most likely he will be expelled.What policy is in place for students that are targeted because of where they are from? who do you report to, to avoid another incident such as this?
Whitney

Rochester, NY

#20 Nov 19, 2008
I feel really bad about this situation. I know Ryan and he's always been a nice guy, and he's very smart. I shared a class with him and he was so nice always smiling. I could never see him doing such a thing, so there must be a motive behind it or, some mistake. I never saw him in trouble.... Something tell's me we don't know the full story
Whitney rochester

Rochester, NY

#21 Nov 19, 2008
No violence tollerance wrote:
High school is a place to "grow and mature". By the time you're in college you'e an adult. You're there to get the education to start your career. You're no longer children, or even impetuous youth. You're men and women. No, you do NOT have to put up with thugs hanging around the public spaces and calling it a "fashion statement", and yes you most certainly should DEMAND that your school officials screen the people they let in. You're paying good money for an education and that money should buy you a class of people who don't commit crimes. If you don't get success from the officials of the school you are paying then vote with your feet and give your hard earned money to a college that DOES NOT let in criminals and infantile children in men's bodies who throw temper tantrums with fists, knives and guns. You deserve better.
I'm a 51 year old man who went to Finger Lakes Community College when it was brand new and 2 year colleges got no respect at all. Nevertheless we had no stabbings or beatings - none. The school didn't let in thugs, and threw out anyone who suggested they might turn into one. Don't be afraid to demand safety.
So, who are the thugs in this situation, and how could you "identify" thugs. Sounds a little funny to me. Maybe you mean the black kids!!! I'm white, but I would never judge someone as being a thug because they are black
Whitney rochester

Rochester, NY

#22 Nov 19, 2008
Bryan wrote:
I would just like everybody to know that the man that did the stabbing was my old roommate last year. We both lived in the dorms and I was put I was supposed to live with somebody else but at the last minute they changed my roommate to Ryan Crosbourne. He and I did not get along, and never said more than two words to eachother at a time.
Does this have anything to do with all of this?
maz

Rochester, NY

#23 Nov 20, 2008
leave the "hood" in the hood !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suburbanites Want Homeless Camp Moved Before 5K... 7 min Whitey 4
White Drunk Driver Arrested for Medicaid Fraud 21 min Whitey 12
Devil's Bathtub murder (Dec '09) 1 hr Ex Wife 25
Thankyou Police Body Cameras 2 hr jimmy jam 19
Santa's White Helper Arrested for DWI 2 hr RacistFireCrotchB... 1
Sencond White Man Admits to Fraud in Airport Pr... 2 hr RacistFireCrotch ... 2
D&C 2015 Price Increase 3 hr Rhonda 9
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web