Mailmen to deliver aid in case of bio...

Mailmen to deliver aid in case of biological weapon attack

There are 39 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Dec 30, 2009, titled Mailmen to deliver aid in case of biological weapon attack. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

If the nation ever faces a large-scale attack by a biological weapon like anthrax, the U.S. Postal Service will be in charge of delivering whatever drugs and other medical aid Americans would need to survive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
InTheKnow

Holley, NY

#1 Dec 30, 2009
"The meds are in the mail?"

With my luck, they'll be delivered a week late to the people who live two houses down!
observer

Rochester, NY

#2 Dec 30, 2009
Well what do we expect from a government that can't connect the dots in keeping one punk terrorist off a plane even after being warned by his own father.
TejasKat

United States

#3 Dec 30, 2009
This man, besides being a Marxist/Communist, is truly delusional!!!

I guess the USPS will do just fine -- as long as you're not in any big hurry (like near death)-- and the drugs aren't mailed at Christmas time.
chas

Baltimore, MD

#4 Dec 30, 2009
How can we be sure they would deliver it..they can't even deliver 1st class letters on time. They would probally complain they had to work with out a break.. and run to their union steward..

I think the ARNG of each state should do that job.. they have NBC training...
Ha Ha

Buffalo, NY

#5 Dec 30, 2009
chas wrote:
How can we be sure they would deliver it..they can't even deliver 1st class letters on time. They would probally complain they had to work with out a break.. and run to their union steward..
I think the ARNG of each state should do that job.. they have NBC training...
well, dispite your observation, I'll bet that the postmen will still do a better job than FEMA did during Katrina.
Just Me

Mount Morris, NY

#6 Dec 30, 2009
It's only fair that the USPS should deliver the drugs and medical aid/antidote - since they are probably the ones that will deliver the anthrax in the first place!
Twanker

Rochester, NY

#7 Dec 30, 2009
Did they negotiate the Sunday work rate?
Ha Ha

Buffalo, NY

#8 Dec 30, 2009
Twanker wrote:
Did they negotiate the Sunday work rate?
Postal workers get the antidote first, and they get the following monday off ,,,
Mushroom Rivera

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2009
wow now I feel much safer knowing this, at first i was worried that they might want to stay home with their families, but hey - I wonder if they get hazardous duty pay

Since: Sep 09

United States

#10 Dec 31, 2009
I'll take your share if you have a problem with your mailman.
Country

Geneva, NY

#11 Dec 31, 2009
"Newman"
Greece

Rochester, NY

#12 Dec 31, 2009
Have you EVER seen the postal service RAPIDLY deliver anything - we are screwed!
abagalen roch ny

Batavia, NY

#13 Dec 31, 2009
OH! OH! OH! Did Mr. President ask ANYBODY??? about this? I still would have to say,"Say WHAT???"
FedEx

Rochester, NY

#14 Dec 31, 2009
That's a bit scary, I wouldn't trust the U.S. Post to deliver a birthday card anymore.
jim

United States

#15 Dec 31, 2009
send mine u p s, big brown has a better record when it comes to on time delivery
Doood

Rochester, NY

#16 Dec 31, 2009
Man, I see most everyone agrees with me on this one. USPS has never delivered anything to me rapidly. I live in West Webster and it seems my mail is always 2 days later than those who live in Penfield or Webster itself. I believe what happens is mail goes to the the main post office and then is sent to the main webster post office and then from there to a grocery/deli/post office possibly? Really no idea, but if I mail 2 letters from work and send one home and one to my inlaws in webster (not west webster) The in laaws get the letter next day or two but will take at least 3 days to get the one sent home... weird.... anyway, I would feel much better about this if they used UPS or FedEx for this as USPS just doesn't cut it.
Opinionated

Fairport, NY

#17 Dec 31, 2009
I wonder what how these would be delivered when the Post office is talking about downsizing, and delivering 5 days a week instead of 6. Taxes will surely be raised for this "bright idea". There must be a LOGICAL solution to things, or is it just me that sees Obama and Paterson are plain stupid and come up with the dumbest ideas.
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#18 Dec 31, 2009
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
well, despite your observation, I'll bet that the postmen will still do a better job than FEMA did during Katrina.
Abso-freakin'-lutely.
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#19 Dec 31, 2009
Doood wrote:
Man, I see most everyone agrees with me on this one. USPS has never delivered anything to me rapidly.
IDK, I get mail from CT in two days, and I live in Wayne County. You must be doing something totally wrong out there in Monroe. I don't have any problem with the plan.

However, we all know that the post office only selectively fails to deliver certain mail. Such as to my ex-tenant, who did not receive 4 notices of a small claims suit against her (2 of which were mailed by the court). She also "never received" final notices from her cable company, telephone provider, or RG&E. But she always got her food stamps and welfare check on time. Uncanny, how the post office does that...
whats new

Rochester, NY

#20 Dec 31, 2009
Ok, if we cant keep a freak like that off our plane what good is it having thousands of troops overseas trying to "protect" america. WE cant even keep americans safe on an fing plane!! Our country is getting dumber and dumber all the time. Get troops out of the middle east and start spending money on tighter security on protecting the borders and airlines instead. I dont know how anyone can disagree with me unless their totally brain dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family fights for changes to Chili intersection... 47 min Bovenzi13 3
News Rochester mayor hospitalized due to allergic re... 4 hr Bovenzi13 9
Prom Queen Rachel Barnhart Sued Over Unpaid Bills 4 hr Bovenzi13 11
12 Disgusting Browns take knee during natioanl ... 5 hr IescapedNY 17
Europeein-American babysitter sexually abused t... 6 hr CityRes 1
Europeein-American arrested for road rage, coca... 7 hr CityRes 1
Hillary says Trump a "creep" in new book: Hahaha 8 hr Jimmy 1

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance