Teen's death cuts deep in Kasson and Mantorville

May 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Post-Bulletin

Signs to watch for If your child, student or friend is struggling, local experts say you should seek help from a trusted adult such as a counselor if he or she: Stops talking or becomes very reserved and quiet.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
eimly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2012

Judged:

This story and all the talk about it has brought out information within my own family, Our 17 year old son has been sexually harrassed by a male classmate who is gay, he is very open and vocal about his sexuality, including wearing girl clothes to school, he hs been spreading rumors that our son is the reason he became gay, that our son is secretly gay and will not admit it, I know for a fact our son IS NOT GAY, and I know how messed up the other kid is, he would flirt with our son and leave him little "notes", our son said he just wanted to beat the crap out of him, but he knew better and tried to handle it on his own, our son has a girlfriend, and they broke up temporarily for about 2 weeks, then they got back together, that is why we beleive the harrassment from the classmate has increased, he just won't stop and his mother is absolutly no help whatsoever, she actually called the police on our son because he called her son a "homo and to leave him alone".
She tried to claim that was a hate crime, the police came and talked to us, and when they heard the entire story they suggested getting a restraining order against the classmate and if that don't work then file charges on him, evidently they know this family VERY well.
Our son's freinds have told me he was being harrassed at school and all the rumors were coming from this classmate, we are meeting with the school counselor tommoro, if I don't get any where with them I will be filing formal sexual harrassement charges against the classmate.
So Rachels death was not in vain, I'm guessing she is helping alot of other kids out there.
Rest in Peace Rachel, you didn't deserve to die to the hands of evil selfish mean people.
anonymous

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2012

I hope the parents of those kids that made rachel do this are real proud of what they have have taught their kids to be?????? WOW are you kidding me!
K-M mom

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

I assure you that I don't know either parents of the child that was bullied or the child who did the bullying but they are hurting too. We cannot comment on their parenting; we don't know. Their daughter is being called a murderer and the cycle just continues. Please stop it.
KM MOM

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

not fair to situation, these teens deserve to feel
what they did....look what it causes...there has been pleanty of air play on this issue for years..

Murderer is just!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rochester Discussions

Search the Rochester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Protecting Heart May Improve Erectile Dysfunction (Dec '12) Jun 23 Abbie 12
Why Massage Is a Necessity, Not a Luxury Jun '14 mosh 1
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
A Friendship That Saved A Life Jun '14 kgj 1
steve robins, robinson, jerry thompson May '14 dana 1
Rochester has become the Gay Capital Of Minnesota (Sep '12) May '14 Pete Dragon 6
Barbers angry at a West St. Paul cosmetology sh... (Feb '11) Apr '14 oh really 76
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••