Violence in northwest Rochester likel...

Violence in northwest Rochester likely to continue, gang expert...

There are 81 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 13, 2009, titled Violence in northwest Rochester likely to continue, gang expert.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

There is no end in sight to gang violence in northwest Rochester neighborhoods where there have been three drive-by shootings in three months, according to a gang expert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Willing to kickm out

Austin, MN

#64 Nov 3, 2009
damn right. it is all the foreigners that moved in the last ten years. it use to be nice, you used to be able to leave your car unlocked in the driveways, but noooooo! Then those punks milk the system and we end up buying these fucks cars, college educations, and houses. where does it end, when do i get to keep my money and improve our safety. Go back to Somalia, Asia, where ever,,,,, just go back!!!
EJM

Duluth, MN

#65 Nov 4, 2009
Section 8 housing is just wonderful, isn't it?

An elderly woman lived next my brother. Things were peaceful until her 20+ grandson moved in this past summer. Now, it's THUG LIFE. Of course, he has no job, and his friends hang around all hours of the day and night.

Report her? Someone has to prove the thug is living there.
king

Rochester, MN

#66 Nov 15, 2009
we live different then yall and i would love u see yall in our shoes,ill be so glad to see that!!
king

Rochester, MN

#67 Nov 15, 2009
hi kids
hat

Owatonna, MN

#68 Nov 20, 2009
bs up cs down
hat

Owatonna, MN

#70 Nov 23, 2009
hell ya soooooowooooo!!!!!!!!!!b's up c's down!!!
hat

Owatonna, MN

#72 Nov 23, 2009
yall need to relax for reals man sh**!
b's up c's down!!
Rottencitystreet sRR

United States

#73 Jan 29, 2010
"Sorry to burst your Diversity bubble "Stupid People". No axe to grind here, just the facts. There are no "white" gangs in Rochester. I grew up there. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who lives there. Call and ask the Rochester police. I understand that for some of us it's easier to live in euphoria than than reality"

well sorry to burst your bubble jack ass but yes ther is just and many "white" gangs as there are somali and asian and african, i was born and raised in rochester and i still live here, so why dont you get your facts right? racist fuck
Rottencitystreet sRR

United States

#74 Jan 29, 2010
and its C's up and bs UPSIDE DOWN, slob.
Fall on a knife

Minneapolis, MN

#75 Jan 29, 2010
Fool.
Lissa

Duluth, MN

#78 Mar 18, 2010
Proud American wrote:
Since the POLICE won't stop these little gang -bangers ..I say SHOOT TO THRILL !!
you are stupid gangs have the right to be here and choose what they want to do don't kill if they have killed. everyone should have a chance to live. so I don't like what they are doing but don't kill or joke about killing cuz for me god knows everything and he just knew what would be best for the people that die.
Lissa

Duluth, MN

#79 Mar 18, 2010
RottencitystreetsRR wrote:
"Sorry to burst your Diversity bubble "Stupid People". No axe to grind here, just the facts. There are no "white" gangs in Rochester. I grew up there. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who lives there. Call and ask the Rochester police. I understand that for some of us it's easier to live in euphoria than than reality"
well sorry to burst your bubble jack ass but yes ther is just and many "white" gangs asthere are somali and asian and african, i was born and raised in rochester and i still live here, so why dont you get your factsright? racist fuck
their are white gangs I live in NW Rochester and I see them and some of my friends know them!!! So yeah
Rita

United States

#80 Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Rottenchesterian wrote:
Rochester has a long history of inviting waves of immigrants to the city. In the 80's it was mung, loas and vietnamese. The last 15 years Somali and other muslims. The city looks NOTHING like it used to. Sometimes this is what diversity gets you.
I will not do anything in downtown Rochester after dark. You would think with Mayo Clinic running everything in the city it would be safe for the many visitors who come here, but there is a blind eye to diversity problems!
Stewy

Rochester, MN

#81 Apr 8, 2010
Educate YOURSELF before you try to be so politically correct. This town has turned into a melting pot of crap...violent gangs, drugs. The facts are that there are a lot of people that don't have respect for life or property, and a lot of them have been brought into the town. Obviously you don't live here, or just had your eyes closed for the last 20 years.
Stupid People wrote:
Blame the immigrants.......go back to school folks!
Someone has an ax to grind or they are just
narrow minded and can't think far and wide.
Black gangs, WHITE gangs, Asian gangs, Russian gangs...etc. Talk to law inforcements and they will
tell you this problem is all kinds and have been
since the US was populated.
Educate yourself before posting stupid racist comments!
Stewy

Rochester, MN

#82 Apr 8, 2010
You are the problem...
Lissa wrote:
<quoted text>you are stupid gangs have the right to be here and choose what they want to do don't kill if they have killed. everyone should have a chance to live. so I don't like what they are doing but don't kill or joke about killing cuz for me god knows everything and he just knew what would be best for the people that die.
Stewy

Rochester, MN

#83 Apr 8, 2010
oh...then it's ok
Your logic is part of the problem.
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
There once were organized gangs of white kids that were VERY violent. They were Irish and Italian. It was when Irish and Italians were the major waves of immigration.
Now that there are major waves of immigration that are Hmong and Somali, you see Hmong and Somali gangs. It's simply a cycle that is followed every time there is a new wave of immigrants from the same part of the world and which are then looked down upon by people who are already here.
I'm not condoning their behavior, I'm simply showing that it's all cyclical.
Stewy

Rochester, MN

#84 Apr 8, 2010
Hmmm...I see...everyone is entitled to be a menace to society. Where do I sign up? It's my f*cking turn. Can I stay at your place?
merritt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...white supremists,the KKK, some biker groups,and loosly organized low-level drug dealers....read meth lab operations, etc. Gangs come in all colors and always have. It's just convenient to blame any minority group. Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't blame the Disciples or the Crips, and no mention of the many Chicago blacks that have moved to Minnesota. Get off your high horses, there's good and bad in everyone, there is plenty of crime committed by whites. Have you missed the news broadcasts over the past few months? Just check your 401k plan, look around at the housing debacle. I suppose this was caused by the Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics too.
Rara

Chicago, IL

#85 Jan 13, 2011
I grew up in Rochester as a youth 10 years ago and spent many nights in the streets. I knew many redneck white males who made up the local "gangs" the MPs, Master Players, and the All American Boys. They went out looking for fights and beating up innocent people for fun. Young out of control boys with too much energy and not enough direction. The ones I knew were all racsist especially with new immigrants moving into town. The gangs were there and still maybe are. Stupid rednecks and their racists. Here's an idea parents STOP raising your children to be racists little twits.
Dee Dee

Superior, WI

#86 Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Rottenchesterian wrote:
Rochester has a long history of inviting waves of immigrants to the city. In the 80's it was mung, loas and vietnamese. The last 15 years Somali and other muslims. The city looks NOTHING like it used to. Sometimes this is what diversity gets you.
I moved to Rochester Mn from Duluth 10 years ago and let me tell you that I wasn't too welcome. I wasn't in a gang but I happened to be a Black single mom- a Duluth native trying to find a better place to raise my kids. Me being black was enough for some Rochester natives to hate me. To say that diversity is a reason for gang activity is ignorant. Diversity is a wonderful thing when people come together to to work for the common good (society). Lack of disclipline, ambition and disrespect for humanity are just several reasons for gang activity. And what about those gangs that are multiracial? What is the excuse for those?
10 years later I am thinking of returning to Rochester for the same reasons I moved there the first time. Jobs, better schools and housing. i just hope the people there aren't as ignorant as they were years ago.
Dee Dee

Superior, WI

#87 Jan 28, 2011
And to think I was thinking about moving back to Rochester. Oh wait. I can't do that. I'm a Black woman who isn't in a gang, church going, single mom who works hard, keeps my own kids out of trouble and I mind my own business. And I wasn't welcome. Imagine if I were a gang member? Guess I'll stay in Duluth. Racist people here too but at least Duluth is my home town and I can at least deal with stupidity on my own turf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
seneca 1 hr nogovelites 3
meadow park apartments infested!!! (Oct '14) Jul 22 Yuckie 5
Big Pharma Rules U. S. Healthcare Jun 26 Big Pharma RICO 1
News Hastert, ex-Speaker branded 'molester,' to ente... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 3
News Seen & Heard: 'She made me feel empowered': jud... Jun '16 AIPAC owns Congress 1
Pit Bulls Apr '16 Its over 1
linnea Phillip Apr '16 nena 1

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages