Violence in northwest Rochester likely to continue, gang expert...

There is no end in sight to gang violence in northwest Rochester neighborhoods where there have been three drive-by shootings in three months, according to a gang expert. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
St Paulie

Hartford, CT

#1 Jan 13, 2009
Why should "neighborhood" leaders be expected to help solve the problem? The fear of retailiation is real. The problem needs to be solved by the police and the judicial system. Membership in a gang should be a criminal offense. If the police know there are gang members living in a neighborhood, then round them up and put them in jail.
Rad Rethuglican

United States

#2 Jan 13, 2009
Gangs in Rochester? What the ----? Gangs of delinquent doctors, maybe, but real gangs? Oh well, where there's money, there's drugs and where there's drugs, there's crime and so on.
Whatever

Lincoln, NE

#3 Jan 13, 2009
Rad Rethuglican wrote:
Gangs in Rochester? What the ----? Gangs of delinquent doctors, maybe, but real gangs? Oh well, where there's money, there's drugs and where there's drugs, there's crime and so on.
There has actually been a huge gang problem in Rochester for years. Sounds like it's mostly immigrants, but it is there.

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 13, 2009
Too bad there is not an area, far away from populated city centers that these losers can meet and kill each other. Just make sure you fill our your donor cards before you go, and take each other out before some unlucky person is killed. What is the reason for this stupidity, somebody wore the same color as you? Your car boom box was not as loud as the next loser?
MadeInAmerica

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 13, 2009
There is no place safe anymore.
T Bouza

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jan 13, 2009
There's no gang problem......
Ex-Rottenchester ian

Chanhassen, MN

#7 Jan 13, 2009
Rochester has a long history of inviting waves of immigrants to the city. In the 80's it was mung, loas and vietnamese. The last 15 years Somali and other muslims. The city looks NOTHING like it used to. Sometimes this is what diversity gets you.
Stupid People

Marshall, MN

#8 Jan 13, 2009
Blame the immigrants.......go back to school folks!
Someone has an ax to grind or they are just
narrow minded and can't think far and wide.

Black gangs, WHITE gangs, Asian gangs, Russian gangs...etc. Talk to law inforcements and they will
tell you this problem is all kinds and have been
since the US was populated.

Educate yourself before posting stupid racist comments!
Rad Rethuglican

United States

#9 Jan 13, 2009
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
There has actually been a huge gang problem in Rochester for years. Sounds like it's mostly immigrants, but it is there.
Immigrants? I didn't know the Irish and Italians had moved to Rochester!
Howdy Cowboys

Marshall, MN

#10 Jan 13, 2009
Ex-Rottenchesterian wrote:
Rochester has a long history of inviting waves of immigrants to the city. In the 80's it was mung, loas and vietnamese. The last 15 years Somali and other muslims. The city looks NOTHING like it used to. Sometimes this is what diversity gets you.
I pass english class....you obviously didn't

It's spelled......Hmong, Laos and Vietnamese.

You can thank me now!
Weep

Marshall, MN

#11 Jan 13, 2009
Ex-Rottenchesterian wrote:
And that's how Hitler was raised to think

.......Interesting?
Proud American

Lakeville, MN

#12 Jan 13, 2009
Since the POLICE won't stop these little gang -bangers ..I say SHOOT TO THRILL !!
JakChik

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 13, 2009
Howdy Cowboys wrote:
<quoted text>
I pass english class....you obviously didn't
If you indeed PASSED English class you would know it's PASSED.
Ex-Rottenchester ian

Chanhassen, MN

#14 Jan 13, 2009
Sorry to burst your Diversity bubble "Stupid People". No axe to grind here, just the facts. There are no "white" gangs in Rochester. I grew up there. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who lives there. Call and ask the Rochester police. I understand that for some of us it's easier to live in euphoria than than reality.
MadeInAmerica

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jan 13, 2009
T Bouza wrote:
There's no gang problem......
OUr St. Paul Mayor stated the same ... he called them "YOUTH GROUPS", remember?
Ex-Rottenchester ian

Chanhassen, MN

#16 Jan 13, 2009
Sorry for the bad spelling. I stand corrected and blame the Rochester School district.
Reciprocity

Arroyo Grande, CA

#17 Jan 13, 2009
Rochester, MN has some of the most incompetent and unethical law enforcement I have ever experienced. They systematically ignore all underage drinking laws, meth dealers, vandalism, theft, and noise problems and spend most of their time huddled in parking lots and throwing cigarette butts out their windows and talking about how hard their job is.

Their unspoken but clever policy is to contain the problems to property areas then hold the property managers and owners responsible for the behavior of the tenants on their property, forcing them to purchase cameras, hire incompetent security, and 24-hr maintenance staff, and do nothing to help them with the trouble tenants.

Roch PD takes 20-40 minutes on every call and they stroll about like they've got all day, then sarcastically retort that if you want faster service, or service at all, you'd best vote for all tax increases for law enforcement. They say it all the time and mean it.

If you really want to know why there are so many problems in Rochester (and it is NOT a good place to live) look long and hard at law enforcement. They are the most crooked, hypocritical people I have ever met and worked aside.
Whatever

Lincoln, NE

#18 Jan 13, 2009
Stupid People wrote:
Black gangs, WHITE gangs, Asian gangs, Russian gangs...etc. Talk to law inforcements and they will
Maybe you should talk to the law "inforcements" yourself. They will tell you some of the worst and violent gangs out there are Asian and Somali gangs.

Come to think of it, I'm trying to think of any major street gang even in the cities that is predominantly Caucasian. Drawing a blank.

Since: Jan 09

Arroyo Grande, CA

#19 Jan 13, 2009
To understand the cultural problems associated with Roch you must have lived there...
St Paulie

Hartford, CT

#20 Jan 13, 2009
Stupid People wrote:
Where in this country are there organized gangs of white kids murdering people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a doctor Mon SaveMyBrother 1
Skulls, Bones Found in Closet at Japanese Consu... Sep 18 Fake Skulls 6
Letter found with box in Chicago says remains a... Sep 17 Christshariahns 1
Review: Sackey Joles Asphalt (Jun '11) Aug '14 jjc 36
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Protecting Heart May Improve Erectile Dysfunction (Dec '12) Jun '14 Abbie 12
Why Massage Is a Necessity, Not a Luxury Jun '14 mosh 1

Rochester Jobs

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]