Troy, Mich., Mayor Fired From Day Job For Homophobic Remarks

Dec 9, 2011 Full story: EDGE 102

Last week mayor Janice Daniels of Troy, Mich., garnered media attention for homophobic comments she made on Facebook six months ago.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Dec 9, 2011
LOL
.
So now the homophobic tea-bagging republican mayor of Troy, Michigan is on unemployment
.
Maybe she can get a job polishing combat boots at the National Organization for Marriage Terrorist Headquarters

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#2 Dec 9, 2011
GOOD ! JUSTICE is served !

Now kick her out of her mayor's position since she can't represent the interests of ALL her constiuents.

What a db this stupid lay is.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#3 Dec 9, 2011
She does have a right to her beliefs and if she were just an average American Citizen.......I'd agree with her to state that.....HOWEVER, she did work for a company that obviously has an issue with her comment and took what they felt was an appropriate action and she is an ELECTED official who is suppose to represent the rights of ALL people in her City.....not just the straight ones!!!

Sometimes even though we have the right to speak our opinions......there are still consequences and one needs to take responsibility for those words!!!
Orpy

Saylorsburg, PA

#4 Dec 9, 2011
Her boss was obviously queer.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#5 Dec 9, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
She does have a right to her beliefs and if she were just an average American Citizen.......I'd agree with her to state that.....HOWEVER, she did work for a company that obviously has an issue with her comment and took what they felt was an appropriate action and she is an ELECTED official who is suppose to represent the rights of ALL people in her City.....not just the straight ones!!!
Sometimes even though we have the right to speak our opinions......there are still consequences and one needs to take responsibility for those words!!!
Did you know the sky usually appears blue ???

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#6 Dec 9, 2011
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know the sky usually appears blue ???
Are you really serious? or just being rather silly?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#7 Dec 9, 2011
Orpy wrote:
Her boss was obviously queer.
Like you must be? I mean you're here in every Gay/Lesbian thread, making pathetic comments and probably stroking yourself.......ugh!!!
SPEEDIEG

Atlanta, GA

#9 Dec 9, 2011
I certainly do not like this woman, but I must say I am a little concerned about people getting fired for saying things, however negative. I can understand why and I am always careful not to say something publicly that could hurt the company I work for, but we should not repress people right to reveal themselves as bigots and nutcases. It's important to know that.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#10 Dec 9, 2011
SPEEDIEG wrote:
I certainly do not like this woman, but I must say I am a little concerned about people getting fired for saying things, however negative. I can understand why and I am always careful not to say something publicly that could hurt the company I work for, but we should not repress people right to reveal themselves as bigots and nutcases. It's important to know that.
There is no problem, so long as the govenment makes no move to do so. Private industry is free to repress the speech of their employees if they deem harm to the company. And that is as it should be. If you understand why, as you say you do, companies would do this, then why be concerned? Besides, there are enough outlets for people to show their ignorance, as is demonstrated daily on this forum.
unimpressed

La Quinta, CA

#11 Dec 9, 2011
I'm tired from all the times I had to keep my mouth shut about my homosexuality and my husband and pretend I was straight so I wouldn't lose my job and get beat up by rednecks. Personally, I'm glad the shoe is on the other foot...let them learn what that fear is like.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#14 Dec 9, 2011
She was a realtor, thus self employed. No unemployment check soup for her.

Merry Christmas Ms Daniels.
Rainbow Kid wrote:
LOL
.
So now the homophobic tea-bagging republican mayor of Troy, Michigan is on unemployment
.
Maybe she can get a job polishing combat boots at the National Organization for Marriage Terrorist Headquarters

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#18 Dec 9, 2011
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really serious? or just being rather silly?
I was pointing out that YOUR post only stated the OBVIOUS.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#19 Dec 9, 2011
Captain Shreve wrote:
<quoted text>It is true, when queers move into a neighborhood the property values tank cause nobody wants to live next door to a child molesting pervert...thanks for confirming this for all:)
Actually, it's the other way.....property values go UP!!!

Besides, If a Child Molester lives in a neighborhood.....THEIR PROBABLY STRAIGHT!!!

If you have a Megan's Law website.....you might want to check to see how many perverts are already in your neighborhood!!!

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#23 Dec 9, 2011
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Broke straight boys aren't buying houses anymore
.
Century 21 needs to tap into the $835 billion annual disposable income of the Gay Master Race to keep houses moving
.
Sounds like a plan
Do you go to that website ???
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#24 Dec 9, 2011
Captain Shreve wrote:
<quoted text>"Gay Master Race" = LMFAO, kinda like the saying afro-amercians use "Black is Beautiful" equally generates a LMFAO!!!
The Gay Master Race includes all the sub-races of the world; including the 'Black is Beautiful' one
http://cutegaylads.com/tgp/black-guys-344/pix...

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#27 Dec 9, 2011
My oh my, a stupid, racist homophobe. What a surprise.

No wonder you live where you do.
Captain Shreve wrote:
<quoted text>"Gay Master Race" = LMFAO, kinda like the saying afro-amercians use "Black is Beautiful" equally generates a LMFAO!!!
Dallas

Arlington, TX

#28 Dec 9, 2011
Aida Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
"special rights via hate crime laws?"
HUH?
Hate crime laws cover sexual orientation. Don't you have one?
A crime is a crime, you're just as dead if you were killed by a crack head as if you were killed by a Normal Decent Hetero, I say deport all the queer's to Iraq.

Since: Jan 11

Portsmouth, OH

#29 Dec 9, 2011
Captain Shreve wrote:
<quoted text>If that were true then why did the other poster wish my neighborhood would become infested with gays so I couldn't sell my home? You queers can't have it both ways. Many posts I read say Queer is normal and when anyone disputes that the queers then wish all the disputers children turn out queer...rather queer if you ask me!!!
The reason you would't be able to sell your house was because of your previous comment about not using century 21. It's harder to sell a house without using a realtor.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#30 Dec 9, 2011
leeman15251 wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you would't be able to sell your house was because of your previous comment about not using century 21. It's harder to sell a house without using a realtor.
Century21 is NOT the only realtor in town. Plus there's MLS.
Aida Lott

Orange, NJ

#31 Dec 9, 2011
Dallas wrote:
<quoted text>A crime is a crime, you're just as dead if you were killed by a crack head as if you were killed by a Normal Decent Hetero, I say deport all the queer's to Iraq.
If hate crime laws cover sexual orientation, how is that a special right? Don't you have a sexual orientation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amid the Global Economic Crisis, China Rises (Oct '09) Oct 27 Flint Refugee 340
Pistons spend $40 million on Palace makeover Oct 27 ray 1
Picente endoses Cuomo Oct 23 Rushbow 1
homless Oct 21 12345abc 1
Review: BED Bath & Beyond Oct 17 tosha 1
Labor problems with former employees of Guardia... Oct 15 wolf27958desdeint... 2
This question is for the girls. Oct 15 Richard Balzack 3
Rochester Dating
Find my Match

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]