Cops' jobs tied to ticket totals

Full story: Detroit News

Police officers in Metro Detroit are often ordered to write a certain number of moving violations -- but chiefs issuing those edicts are careful not to use the "Q" word.
Comments
101 - 120 of 120 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2009
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Judged:

marv rein wrote:
WHO CARES>.I have enough money 2 throw away,Obama Pays all my BILLs..and Obama will kept on pay-ing. TAX the RICH,,In Troy,,tickets are NOT a revenue source 4 income 4 the CITY of TROY<,but Please Drive Safe.,the POLICE r OUR Friends.in TRoy, that's, WHY the City of Troy is so SAFE.!!!!!!!!!
You should consider using all that make believe extra money of yours to gain an education in grammar, spelling and general knowledge. I'm surprised you aren't embarrassed displaying your profile along with your hideous level of education. Oh wait, ignorance doesn't know embarrassment.
eastside ni991

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

Judged:

i hate da police
Ole Timmy Bells

Avon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

eastside ni991 wrote:
i hate da police
And the english language...obviously.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

Judged:

Art Teacher wrote:
This is CRAZY. Not needing to ticket should be seen as a good thing. So, what happens? Officers give out non-deserving tickets to keep their jobs and the public have to deal with protesting the ticket, money payment, points on licenses, etc. This is not a good idea.
it's not just speeding tickets, dotard. remember the "granny" in Atlanta that the swat team massacred because she drew on them when they kicked in her door? drug task forces don't stay in federal grants for drinking coffee and watching cable tv in the police station lounge.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

Judged:

Ole Timmy Bells wrote:
<quoted text>
And the english language...obviously.
Why would you like the english language if our ancestors hated them so much, they killed and maimed the english until they went back to english land?

We should speak German or Chinese here and sht can the english.
Xanadu

Gaylord, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2009

One or more an hour and you get a free toaster!!

“I'm back,,JACK”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you like the english language if our ancestors hated them so much, they killed and maimed the english until they went back to english land?
We should speak German or Chinese here and sht can the english.
The "english" was/were KICK OUT out of American in 1776,,we talkie AMERICAN in America,,

Since: Jul 09

N/A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

Judged:

Accountant 1 wrote:
Not all cops are like this in Shelby...I once got pulled over by an officer (i think his name was Schafnitsz) and he let me go, and i was going 25 mph over the limit! He just warned me, as he told me he had bigger fish to fry, and he said he'd rather catch guys breaking into cars or houses than write tickets...so, not all cops are always writing tickets for no reason!!!
I think going 25 over would have been a GREAT reason to ticket you.

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Judged:

marv rein wrote:
<quoted text>The "english" was/were KICK OUT out of American in 1776,,we talkie AMERICAN in America,,
About all his post
Wow.... just freakin wow... can people like him vote? yea? Were boned
Nameless

Bridgeton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Judged:

The government is designed to keep as many people down as possible. They dont want you to be able to have money in the bank for emergency situations. They want your pay check, as much of it as possible. Hell they already take over 40% in some places. 30something percent out your paycheck and another 8-10% in taxes everytime you buy something at the store.

Im tired of being a worker ant. The government should NEVER take more than 10%, otherwise to me, anything more and they are straight out stealing. It's plain old extortion and they know you cant do anything about it.
obskeptic

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Judged:

The police in America are no longer servants to the community that provides their salaries and resources. They are mostly an extortion racket that feeds the organized crime network we know as the courts, and we are their prey. We give them decent salaries, health care benefits, payed vacations and sick days, and pensions that are bankrupting the nation, and the thanks we get is sting operations for not wearing a seat belt. I used to have a great deal of respect for police and fire, as well as the rest of government. Now they all make me sick and resentful. I hope those state cops get laid off, and a whole bunch of local cops as well. To hell with you.
Non-Existent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

marv rein wrote:
if u have a small piece of CRACK,and a half 40oz-er.. can pick up females living in Detroit.< i heard that ??> is that RIGHT?? Since Anon's right I NEVER goin2 DETROIT. I will ask a QUESTIONs about DETROIT every day,,so I can schooled..by a that lives in DETROIT.
Can somebody please translate this nonsensical rambling?
Non-Existent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

Copper H8tr wrote:
The law is supposed to be to prevent one person from infringing on another person's rights or endangering that person. This is no longer the case. The law is used as a tool to generate revenue and that is not right. People are being ticked for idiotic things like not wearing their seat belt. How does that hurt anyone? How about not coming to a complete stop and a stop sign when there is nobody else in sight?
Cops these days suck and the more that get killed in the line of duty, the better. IMO
Please, for the love of God and the sake of humanity, do not ever reproduce.

“Everybody gets one (L)”

Since: Apr 09

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

Non-Existent wrote:
<quoted text>
Can somebody please translate this nonsensical rambling?
the scary fact is he can most likey vote.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

Judged:

marv rein wrote:
<quoted text>The "english" was/were KICK OUT out of American in 1776,,we talkie AMERICAN in America,,
We speak "American" in the "Americas", which is Hispanic.

Since: Jul 09

N/A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>We speak "American" in the "Americas", which is Hispanic.
I doubt that he'll understand what you said. lol

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

Kford wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that he'll understand what you said. lol
Lol!
buddie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

If a police officer wants to give you a ticket he CAN. Have you ever read some of the stupid laws that are in effect... It's his word against yours so good luck in court. They usually do not waste their time unless they at least know they can get 140 for inpeeding traffic...

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

buddie wrote:
If a police officer wants to give you a ticket he CAN. Have you ever read some of the stupid laws that are in effect... It's his word against yours so good luck in court.
This ass whole cop got punked right of a 16 year job and probably his pension because a motorist took the time to video the illegal cops actions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Young man taunted by policeman wants officer fired

By Georgina Gustin
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
09/12/2007

St. George Police Chief Scott Uhrig talks with Brett Darrow, 20, Tuesday afternoon.
(J.B. Forbes/P-D)

St. George A young St. Louis man who videotaped a police officer's angry taunts during a traffic stop, and later posting the footage on the Internet where thousands of viewers have watched it, said Tuesday he wants the officer fired.

Brett Darrow, 20, met with St. George Police Chief Scott Uhrig for more than an hour Tuesday afternoon and also filed a formal complaint against the officer, Sgt. James Kuehnlein.

During the meeting Darrow asked to see the videotape from Kuehnlein's police car. But according to Uhrig, that footage, inexplicably, is nowhere to be found.

"That's the million-dollar question," Uhrig said. "Our policy says any contact the officer has with the public has to be on tape."

Darrow had pulled into a commuter lot at Spokane and Reavis Barracks roads at around 2 a.m. Friday, when Kuehnlein approached and asked him what he was doing. When Darrow questioned why, Kuehnlein launched into a series of taunts and threats.

"The attitude escalated when he thought I was questioning his authority, but I was just trying to figure out what he was doing," Darrow said Tuesday. "I was really scared. He was up in my face, spit coming in my face."

A camera in Darrow's Nissan Maxima captured the incident. Darrow, a St. Louis Community College student, said he put the camera in the car about a year ago after getting a speeding ticket.

"I got a ticket I didn't feel like I deserved," he said. "I was thinking tickets, not this."
Quim_Martin

Appleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rochester Discussions

Search the Rochester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mich. Man Charged With Pimping Daughter (Sep '06) 16 hr bannedagain3 94
Review: Sexton Landscape Supply Thu K M Distribution 1
Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Jul 30 captain obvious 117
Sterling Heights mayor's son to be charged in f... (Aug '09) Jul 27 btk 4
48 Hours: The best of things to do in Metro Det... Jul 26 Free Kwame 1
Orders for US durable goods up 0.7 percent in June Jul 25 Doc 1
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••