Dequindre & 26 mile house fire
Posted in the Rochester Forum
#1 Sep 5, 2010
My husband and I drove by a home engulfed in flames on Saturday evening, around midnight, near 26 mile and Dequindre. Police and rescue vehicles rerouted traffic. Has anyone heard anything about this?
#2 Sep 5, 2010
Yes, I live across the street. The house was on Carter road. The fire appears to have started in the garage, where chemicals where being stored. The house has been for sale for a while now...which kinda makes it look suspicious.
#3 Sep 5, 2010
Also, no one was hurt and no property damage was done to the neighboring houses.
#4 Sep 6, 2010
This was my parents home and the authorities think it mayb electrical. Regardless of the house being on the market for a while is due to the economy so there is nothing suspicious about our home being destroyed. My family and I are extremly devastated so who ever you are across the street get the facts right before u start posting shit!
#5 Sep 7, 2010
I feel very bad for your family. I know the post before was not posted by the people directly across the street from the house. Our entire family feels terrible about your loss.
#6 Sep 8, 2010
I also live on Carter. I think it is safe to say anytime a house burns down while under contract (sale or lease) there is going to be some immediate speculation as to the cause. If the fire was accidental due to an electrical problem, what a horrible mess...and scary. It could happen to anyone.
I'm glad nobody was hurt. That was one big ass fire.
Add your comments below
|Direct tv refer a friend (Sep '12)||Aug 31||Ponde||52|
|'Burner' phone connection to embattled Rep. Tod...||Aug 28||Kevn||1|
|Michiganders question appointment of past utili...||Aug 17||Kevn||1|
|Review: Battery Giant (Dec '08)||Aug 15||Missdeej||22|
|Review: G Ernst & SON Landscape (Jul '13)||Aug '15||wow||2|
|Skunk saved by Detroit-area police officera "sa...||Aug '15||Xstain Mullah Aroma||3|
Find what you want!
Search Rochester Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC