Review: Fortesa Restaurant & Bar

Posted in the Rochester Forum

Mike

United States

#1 Oct 16, 2010
I thought this was an Italian place, while there I was told they where Albanians, the owner was an Albanian soldier back home, wonder why he told me that? The food was like, well like made by a soldier. I can say now that I have been there once.
Max

Plymouth, MI

#2 Oct 25, 2010
High quality menu items at reasonable prices. Service was excellent. Will eat there often.
monica

Milford, MI

#3 Dec 30, 2010
The food was the best I ever had. a beautiful decor professional service, you must try it yourself I would recommend is very very highly
LISA J

Fenton, MI

#4 Jan 6, 2011
place was great ,food was awsome and service was excellent.i will highly recomend it to anyone that looks for class and a great food.
Laura

Detroit, MI

#5 Apr 13, 2011
Went there tonight for the first time and experience was amazing. I had mama rosa and loved it. My husband had the veal Oscar and loved it as well. I loved that the manager came to the table and introduced himself and asked about my experience. I would recommend Fortesa to anyone.
Laura

Bowie, MD

#6 Apr 13, 2011
Mike wrote:
I thought this was an Italian place, while there I was told they where Albanians, the owner was an Albanian soldier back home, wonder why he told me that? The food was like, well like made by a soldier. I can say now that I have been there once.
Your wrong Fortesa it's the best place in town and I will recommend to anyone
Tom

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2011
-Zero out of any number of stars.
-Hostesses dressed inappropriately. Showing more skin than a VH1 reality show star.
-General Manager was creepy. Had to ask him to leave our table.
-Waitstaff was knowledgeable but inattentive, I waited a long time between my first and second drink and 22 minutes 18 seconds between my second and what would have been my third, but it took him far too long to ask.
-Menu is small and redundant, three dead baby cow (veal) dishes out of maybe 15 entrees.
-Food was good but way over-priced for the portions and what was included with the entree.(more on that below)
-$12 for Spaghetti, just spaghetti, no salad, no bread, no vegetable, noodles and sauce and two meatballs.
-$21 for a Veal Oscar portion which I could have ate three or four of. Maybe a 2 1/2 cut of meat.
-Keyboard player was awful. I mean truly horrible. Didn't know the words to most of the songs he sang, couldn't sing and most of his music was played by a CD player while he accompanied on Casio. I spent most of the night cringing as he pathetically tried to get the crowd into it yelling "Hey" and "You guys sing now" No one did.
-$6 for a bottle of beer that runs about $6.99 a six-pack at the party store within walking distance. Low end craft beers, very limited selection.
-Restrooms were filthy, that may have been the best part though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eminem Grants Terminally Ill Fan's Wish Jan 12 Kevin 1
Man arrested after gas station suffers 2 fires Jan 12 reality is a crutch 3
Parking in front of other people's homes (Sep '11) Jan 12 War of Attrition 25
Mikkiiiii la laa Jan 9 Who wants it 1
Chiropractor With Rochester Hills Chiropractic ... (Nov '11) Jan 7 jordennancy23 2
I am going to study Medicine in China.. (Apr '07) Jan 5 Recruit MBBS 132
Person of interest sought in 81 y.o.'s murder Jan 3 reality is a crutch 1
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM