'Slate' debate swirls in Rochester Hills

'Slate' debate swirls in Rochester Hills

There are 1 comment on the Hometown Life story from Oct 25, 2007, titled 'Slate' debate swirls in Rochester Hills. In it, Hometown Life reports that:

“I think good campaigners would know before they do it what the reaction's going to be. They know what it's like on the ground. They've studied the district. ... They've studied the political landscape.”

A political postcard mailed to absentee voters in Rochester Hills this month has prompted one candidate to embark on a solitary protest mission. via Hometown Life

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hometown Life.

Marie1957

United States

#1 Oct 25, 2007
Erik is absolutely right. SLates don't belong in local politics and Barnett's slate is sickening. The fact that Oakland County Republicans have stuck their nose into this election in disturbing. I dont hear of such blatant politics in surrounding communities. If Barnett and his cronies get in, the residents of Rochester Hills will have no voice. It is so apparent from BArnett's history and campaign contributions who he is beholdin' to.
To accuse Erik of slate politics two years ago is flat out wrong. White, Kirksey and Mungiloi where the then mayor's slate-hand picked for succession.
Congratulatins to Erik! Again he was The Detroit Free Press mayoral pick for 2007. Obviously Barnett doesnt have the Free Press under his thumb like other local papers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great Lakes Church Troy, MI 20 hr BloomfieldChristF... 1
Parking in front of other people's homes (Sep '11) Sep 11 Tired of excuses 33
Review: Empire Plumbing Sewer & Drain (Oct '08) Sep 5 Curious Dom 70
Kuka of Sterling Hgts treats employees real bad Aug '16 Learned hard way 1
Kuka treats employees real bad Aug '16 Learned hard way 1
News Illegal immigrant arrested for indecent exposurea Aug '16 Geezer 2
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Aug '16 John Buck 128

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages