death at sodecia
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Daughter

Flint, MI

#43 Jan 8, 2014
Everyone is absolutely right. Nobody does know what happen. It is a very sad tragedy but, this is something that should have NEVER been leaked onto the Internet. I know exactly how it feels. My father is the one that had to move the machine. It is very hard for him to talk about it. Not only was he an employe but a friend to my dad. I don't appreciate the comments when my dad is not here to defend himself. Lets grow up and be mature about the situation. This is the first and last comment I will post. I'm defending my dad from the immature and so called "grown ups" that like to start things up. Jimmy will be greatly missed. I hope all is well for his family and kids.
dhtx

Grand Prairie, TX

#44 Jan 8, 2014
One year has gone by without Jimmy and it is not easier...it is harder. Love and miss him, my heart is broken. Maybe it was an accident maybe it wasn't...the fact remains, he will never kiss his wife or see his kids grow up and that was what he lived for. It will never be over, we can't forget him.
Outsider

Fraser, MI

#45 Jan 20, 2014
friend wrote:
I went to meet with detctives yes. OSHA did interview employees and were back in last week. Yes the gate door has to be shut to turn the robots back on and I do know how they work. The one Jim was working on can not be started by just closing the gate and pushing the button, it is a computer code operation and no just anyone can perform that to restart. Sodecia has no heat turned on in th building so the guys in there were freezing could see thier own breath. First Sodecia is cheap because they had two fire there and the fire marshall told owner until he fixes the heating and cooling system they can't turn it on so no heat.( he was told that in June) Now the guys have brought in thier own space heaters to try and stay warm. It is so cold the solvent that is used freezes. These space heaters are a hugh safety risk with the cords and the machines you name it. So now whn there is a fire and more people are injured or killed will it be thier fault????? Do you see how things are run there ???? it is just the tip of the iceberg.
I work or Big 3 company and deal a lot with skill trades an ECPL (energy controlled power lockouts) and have seen rest hand repairman and workers use a "Cheater" to cycle machine while they are close up inside to see better while running..
A Cheater is just the part that goes in the door to show complete sir cute and let's machine know it's ok to cycle. BUT instead I ring attached to door , the CHEATER is used by itself , leavin door open. This practice is HIGHLY dangerous and I had a fellow worker killed at sterling plant almost 9 yrs ago fr usig a cheater!!
Never go in cage with robots WITHOUT lockouts procedures....remember no one cares about you except you! CYOA (cover your own ass )
Good luck
STFU

Troy, MI

#46 Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for adding to all the uncalled for speculation in this thread, "Outsider".
sparky

United States

#47 Jun 24, 2014
OSHA is a scam just to keep the worker in the happy mode. I have worked as an industrial electrician over 25 years. I was looking at sodecia to see what they could offer, good thing i stopped here first. Back to OSHA they call my company and give them a 2 week notice before showing up and all violations are removed until inspection. Then put back after. We build machines for the big 3 and try to make them as safe as possible, but once they leave here we have no control over what changes the customer makes. As far as safety here we look out for each other and with some of the shady charicters here mangmemt lets us work the right way and get the job done. Perhaps a real union that can shut them down might change their way. When you cut their profit they might listen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Burner' phone connection to embattled Rep. Tod... 16 hr Kevn 1
News Michiganders question appointment of past utili... Aug 17 Kevn 1
Review: Battery Giant (Dec '08) Aug 15 Missdeej 22
Review: G Ernst & SON Landscape (Jul '13) Aug 3 wow 2
Aug 3 vvvfk555 1
Condo for rent, close to I-75, OU and car compa... Aug 3 Annie Muller 1
News Skunk saved by Detroit-area police officera "sa... Aug 2 Xstain Mullah Aroma 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages