momofsons

Romeo, MI

#22 Mar 3, 2013
Friend from Utica thank you for honoring Jim's memory with your posts. Thank you for speaking up for someone who can't speak for himself. Jim was a righteous man and would want us to do the right thing. We appreciate and thank you for support of Jim, Lori and the kids.
1december6

Walled Lake, MI

#23 Mar 11, 2013
Thank you all for posting, and please if anyone knows anything else please talk and tell the detective's everything you may know!!! Thank you!
momofsons

Romeo, MI

#24 Mar 11, 2013
To second 1december6's post - please let detectives know if you know what happened that night. We all know Jim would do the same for his fellow employees.
Cheapsodecia

Roseville, MI

#26 Mar 14, 2013
God Bless Jimmy, Lori and the kids. I continue to pray for you.
cheapsodecia

Roseville, MI

#27 Mar 26, 2013
Sodecia doesn't care about safety period. Push parts - good, bad and ugly. Osha has them under their radar, but too little too late. Other federal agencies need to go through their facilities. Imagine what they would find.

Since: Mar 13

Detroit, MI

#28 Mar 29, 2013
It has been over 3 months since the accident - please if anyone knows anything come forward... Even if it was a accident, the family will understand I'm sure.. They just want peace for Jimmy. Thank you!
momofsons

Romeo, MI

#29 Jun 22, 2013
What's new at Sodecia? I hope steps are being taken to make it safer for the rest of the employees. Please let us know of any changes.

If you have any information about what happened to Jim please let us know. You can email at sdship@hotmail.com if you don't want to post publicly or you can always call the Sterling Heights Police Department. Thank you for any help you give.
PERRY

United States

#30 Jun 27, 2013
I am a writer for a major newspaper in Michigan. I recently worked for Sodecia for nearly a month. I am writing an article about my experience. I actually met the owner and his son and wad able to talk with them on some issues. Story coming soon..oh; needless to say I was fired after speaking on their slave type work environment.
momofsons

Romeo, MI

#31 Jun 28, 2013
I will watch for the article. What plant did you work at?
momofsons

Romeo, MI

#32 Jun 28, 2013
This accident never made the newspapers or tv for that matter. It happened at around 12:15 am. Can I ask why you worked there for a month or is all that in the article?
momofsons

Romeo, MI

#33 Aug 3, 2013
Anything new going on at Sodecia? Anyone heard any new information on what happened to Jimmy? Perry, has that article been published? What paper will it be in so I can watch for it.
Illiterate Perry

Fraser, MI

#34 Aug 4, 2013
I doubt "PERRY" is a writer, as he cannot even put together a simple forum post with proper spelling, grammar, or structure.
momofsons

Ypsilanti, MI

#35 Aug 14, 2013
Well, just trying to keep this alive. We still don't know what happened.
momofsons

Ypsilanti, MI

#36 Aug 14, 2013
Also, with the creation of this bog when you Google "Sodecia," this forum is right below their website. People need to know the working conditions are not safe there before they decide to take a job. It's the lowest waged people that have to worry. The people that keep that place running and work very hard for them.
TimeToMoveOn

Rochester, MI

#37 Sep 4, 2013
You don't know what you're talking about. Cops talked to everyone. I agree with worker on Feb 23 -- it's a tragic accident. I heard people were questioned and took polygraphs. If everyone in the plant knows who did it, why hasn't anyone given the police that information? Family needs prayers, not stirring the pot.
momofsons

Romeo, MI

#38 Sep 4, 2013
I know exactly what I am talking about. The conditions there are unsafe. Who said everyone in the plant knows what happened? No one will move on until we know exactly happened.
Some1

Mount Morris, MI

#39 Dec 13, 2013
If the conditions are unsafe OSHA would have closed them down. This forum is rediculious. The accident is one of the most painful things I've ever had to deal with. An absolute tragedy. Did someone restart the cell? Obviously. We're lock out proceedures followed? No they were not. Jim was a dear friend of mine and I honesty believe that if conditions were that bad he wouldn't have worked there. Him and the entire mustazza family will always be in my thoughts and prayers. It just goes to show that life itself is such a precious gift.
momofsons

Romeo, MI

#40 Dec 16, 2013
OSHA issued fines, which were reduced and the company paid them and work goes on as usual. Let's not forget that Governor Synder has cut funding to all government departments and I assume OSHA was not overlooked. They are probably working with less employees doing the same amount of work as are a lot of businesses in Michigan. We can't assume that OSHA would shut a company down.

Jim knew conditions were very bad. At the time of the accident he was looking for another job but it just didn't happen soon enough. He had no intention of staying at Sodecia.

We all fall back into old habits and I am willing to bet employees are taking shortcuts again to get the job done faster and keep the part numbers up so the bosses will be happy.
Auntie

Fraser, MI

#41 Dec 16, 2013
Some1 wrote:
If the conditions are unsafe OSHA would have closed them down. This forum is rediculious. The accident is one of the most painful things I've ever had to deal with. An absolute tragedy. Did someone restart the cell? Obviously. We're lock out proceedures followed? No they were not. Jim was a dear friend of mine and I honesty believe that if conditions were that bad he wouldn't have worked there. Him and the entire mustazza family will always be in my thoughts and prayers. It just goes to show that life itself is such a precious gift.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! Be careful at work and have a Merry Christmas !
Some1

Mount Morris, MI

#42 Dec 16, 2013
My prayers will always be there for the entire family. Since the accident there have been many changes. Slave driving management has been replaced. OSHA has issued fines. Safety changes have been implimented. Zero tolarance policy on lock out proceedures. To little to late? Absolutely. I have worked with Jim since his very first day at sodecia. And I can honestly say I believe Jim would approve with the changes that have been made. It just is very unfortiant that it a life to stop and realize what needed to be done. RIP my friend and I will see you on the other side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Empire Plumbing Sewer & Drain (Oct '08) Dec 6 Fed up with scammers 68
Amid the Global Economic Crisis, China Rises (Oct '09) Oct '14 Flint Refugee 340
Pistons spend $40 million on Palace makeover Oct '14 ray 1
Picente endoses Cuomo Oct '14 Rushbow 1
homless Oct '14 12345abc 1
Review: BED Bath & Beyond Oct '14 tosha 1
Labor problems with former employees of Guardia... Oct '14 wolf27958desdeint... 2
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:27 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:27PM