Since: Dec 12

Metamora, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Is any one aware that an employee died at sodecia last wk? Being treated as a homice. No one that worked there that night knows or seen what happened. Fukn gangsta paradise. Sum one knows an will rot n hell for what they did. Cant kill people an walk away.
momofsons

Washington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

How did you hear about it? Do you work there?
momofsons

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

why do you think it was on purpose?
Auntie

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

momofsons wrote:
why do you think it was on purpose?
good possibility
Auntie

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I have worked with robots from plastic injection molding, stamping manufacturers (tower automotive) for the last 20 years. I currently work outside robot cells (4- robots). Never in my work history have I ever seen a maintenance man push buttons to start up a machine and walk away
Auntie

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

whodiditblk wrote:
Is any one aware that an employee died at sodecia last wk? Being treated as a homice. No one that worked there that night knows or seen what happened. Fukn gangsta paradise. Sum one knows an will rot n hell for what they did. Cant kill people an walk away.
That was a family member of mine. All this is far from over. The machine did not start up itself.
Auntie

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Auntie wrote:
I have worked with robots from plastic injection molding, stamping manufacturers (tower automotive) for the last 20 years. I currently work outside robot cells (4- robots). Never in my work history have I ever seen a maintenance man push buttons to start up a machine and walk away
the machine didn"t start up by itself who closed the door
jimsfriendtom

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

I rode to work with jim every day for 4 years. I worked with him all day long. He was such a good honest man. I quit Sodecia last Feb. I feel If I were still there this wouldnt of happened.
A lot of underquallified maintenance men learning robots on their own. His supervisor was there he knows what happened. They ALL know what happened. like a prison yard, nobody saw nothin.
momofsons

Washington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Friend from Utica - thanks for posting
employee

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Its a very hard thing to deal with. But what is really concerning is that all you people want to jump to conclusions instead of listening to the facts. A hillbilly from kentucky that wasnt there and wants to post shit that he doesnt know anything about. Other employees that talk bad about the employer. If its really that bad quit. No one forcing you to be there. Operators getting put into maintenance. If you think thats a bad thing go back to being a low life operator.
momofsons

Washington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

What are the facts?
someone

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

The fact of the matter is that proper lock out/tag out wasnt followed. plain and simple
friend

Utica, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

The fact is supervisors tell you to get in and get out as fast as you can without stopping the line. They tell you the small problems can be solved without lockout. Flint is you really work there you know the employer is the lowest. I didn't jump to anything...... the facts are Sodecia DOES NOT care about anything but making money no matter who they hurt. Look at the crappy parts they send to customers....remember they were run by and outside company for months because of bad management and it was one of the big 3 that shut them out of their own operations. YOU FLINT LOOK AT THE FACTS .
momofsons

Washington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Why was robot turned on if someone was in there working?
worker

Okemos, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

For someone to post that this was a homicide is ridiculous!! This is a very tragic event... People haven't a clue as to what happened that night, unfortunately there is way to many variables #1 being he did not lock out properly. Which many maintenance men are guilty of, for someone to say they are forced or told to go into a cell without a lockout ..... That is not true! And if you were ...shame on you, your focus shouldn't be losing your daughter but losing her father!!

As far as people knowing more than what their saying... I think is complete bullshit!
Who in there right mind wouldn't say something??

R.I.P my friend ..
auntie

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

someone wrote:
The fact of the matter is that proper lock out/tag out wasnt followed. plain and simple
who shut the GATE
auntie

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Who shut the gate
friend

Utica, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Of the people talking about not proper cell lockout, how many of you were there that night????? Who knows what Jim was working on when this happened to him?????? If you know what you are talking about you know it took more than just turning or pushing a button to make that start up again. Does anyone find it odd that the company FINALLY put in a whole factory safety unit so now when you are working inside a cell a buzzer goes off for sometime that NOW allows anyone to get out.
Answer Auntie's question..... since you all want to say Sodecia runs by rules and not by the almighty dollar. Who is allowed to shut the gates???????? who would have the knowledge to reset where Jim was working??????? Auntie, if MIOSHA reports on what they have been told that person will be brought out. Oh and the people who talk like they Sodecia does right by people and would never send word to do your job our way or lose your job. Did you go to the meeting they called "training in safety" that was total crap... do you remember what the union leader said???? "what do we do when a supervisor tells us to do things that put us in danger or lose our jobs" what answer did she get????? NONE !!!!!! the guy said I can only tell you to follow the rules. Not report that supervisor... you can get help this way or that .... nope...got no answer...Sodecia's way of doing business...when are you going to get it????? do you see all the Portuguese who work there now? I don't mean in the factory because those people replaceable Amercians ( statement by the owner) Sodecia is owned and operated by 1 Portuguese man who could care less about American or Americans. I know more than you will ever know... why???? because I'm more than you think ....
momofsons

Washington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Thanks friend in Utica. Just curious if you were interviewed by the Sterling Heights detectives? Also, did OSHA interview employees? Did they gate have to be shut and then the robot turned on? Do you know how it worked?
friend

Utica, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

I went to meet with detctives yes. OSHA did interview employees and were back in last week. Yes the gate door has to be shut to turn the robots back on and I do know how they work. The one Jim was working on can not be started by just closing the gate and pushing the button, it is a computer code operation and no just anyone can perform that to restart. Sodecia has no heat turned on in th building so the guys in there were freezing could see thier own breath. First Sodecia is cheap because they had two fire there and the fire marshall told owner until he fixes the heating and cooling system they can't turn it on so no heat.( he was told that in June) Now the guys have brought in thier own space heaters to try and stay warm. It is so cold the solvent that is used freezes. These space heaters are a hugh safety risk with the cords and the machines you name it. So now whn there is a fire and more people are injured or killed will it be thier fault????? Do you see how things are run there ???? it is just the tip of the iceberg.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rochester Discussions

Search the Rochester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
daniel somoskey 5 hr Former friend of him 2
Direct tv refer a friend (Sep '12) Wed Mirna+Selena 41
Taylor schools, teachers union skip House panel... (Feb '13) Apr 14 Art Merkl 6
Daniel Howes: Orr sets record straight on stall... Apr 3 Steve 3
SMART asks Macomb, Wayne, Oakland officials to ... Apr 3 Steve 4
Defenders: Warning to parents about heroin use Apr 1 Brian Adam 2
A community grieves with family after party sto... Mar 31 kurt and darlene 1
•••
•••