Defenders: Warning to parents about h...

Defenders: Warning to parents about heroin use

There are 2 comments on the ClickOnDetroit story from Mar 25, 2014, titled Defenders: Warning to parents about heroin use. In it, ClickOnDetroit reports that:

DECIDED HE WOULDN'T LET A GROUP OF YOUNG THIEVES STEAL FROM THEM TWICE. HOW HE TAUGHT ONE OF THEM A LESSON.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClickOnDetroit.

Eleanor Pearl

Lincoln Park, MI

#1 Mar 30, 2014
My 20 year old step daughter died on Christmas 2013 from heroin. My first thoughts were to go after all of her friends.. I didn't, because while we sat in the house, as the wheeled her out of the house, I imagined the Police Department would grab her phone and ask us for the places she had been the day before.. I assumed they would go to each contact in her phone and go to them one by one. Why DIDN'T they? Do you know how many arrests you could have made?? Do you know how many of those dealers you could have gotten off of the streets?? I guess because I am not an officer, I don't know the procedures. Yes, I know 100% she made her own choice, she had been using for almost 4 years, but because of the complicated relationship we had, I had found out just 6 weeks before her death, and 5 weeks before she died, she was in jail, up until 2 days before Christmas. I hated all but 2 of her friends, and her dad and I argued constantly, because she was always allowed to hang out with them. It was never my place to yell at her and/or tell who she could hang out with. She had a mom, dad, and grandma in her life for that. Although she did hate me, because every once in a while a grounding would be in place, because I would have to fight tooth and nail with her dad to get rules set.. and that is what complicated our relationship. She told me the last time I seen her, that she understood what I was doing, Unfortunately from the parents that had opinions that mattered, she NEVER heard the word NO from any of them. From now on, the phones need to be taken, especially at a death site, and School lockers NEED to be SURPRISE searched, as well as all of the cars. If you truly want to get this stuff off the street, SET BETTER RESTRICTIONS!
Brian Adam

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2014
Thats quixotic, don't you think? Thats qhy heroin and every other drug should be legal, this failed system of Prohibition is too costly and people (esp kids ) are going to get the drugs anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michigan biker nabbed after Facebook post about... 12 hr Marley Honey 4
great pizza at tonys restaurant on dequindre in... Wed WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News FCA Ramps Up Rollout of 2017 Chrysler Pacifica ... Wed Trump 9
Parking in front of other people's homes (Sep '11) Jun '16 Leslie 32
Review: Village Square Co-Operative (Feb '09) Jun '16 Grateful to be mo... 23
News Michigan Muslim Group Encourages Members to Bre... Jun '16 evfgt 4
News Aquinas men's tennis earns WHAC honors May '16 michael 1

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance