Kate Gosselin schedules two May 14 ap...

Kate Gosselin schedules two May 14 appearances

There are 141 comments on the The Detroit News story from Apr 19, 2009, titled Kate Gosselin schedules two May 14 appearances. In it, The Detroit News reports that:

Author and reality TV star Kate Gosselin of TLC's hit show "Jon & Kate Plus 8" will be in town for two appearances on May 14.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Detroit News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Aletra

Roseville, MI

#1 Apr 21, 2009
There are now going to be organized protests at the sites that she will be speaking. Finally, voices speaking out against the horrible exploitation of the children.
MY OPINION

Johnson City, TN

#2 Apr 21, 2009
Aletra wrote:
There are now going to be organized protests at the sites that she will be speaking. Finally, voices speaking out against the horrible exploitation of the children.
Are there seriously going to be organized protests against child exploitation at the sites that Kate will be speaking at? Very interesting.
Unknown

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Apr 21, 2009
Aletra wrote:
Are you serious? I LOVE that show! I don't feel like are exploiting their children by any means. They set out to show people what it's like rasing that many children and to document their lives FOR their children to have those memories. It's REALITY... does that mean women should protest ABCs the Bacholer? Isn't that exploiting women??? Get over it, seriouly!
mcclanto

Columbia, SC

#4 Apr 22, 2009
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? I LOVE that show! I don't feel like are exploiting their children by any means. They set out to show people what it's like rasing that many children and to document their lives FOR their children to have those memories. It's REALITY... does that mean women should protest ABCs the Bacholer? Isn't that exploiting women??? Get over it, seriouly!
True, the first few seasons were about them raising their children. However, season four was not and I doubt season five will be any different.
melissa

Downingtown, PA

#5 Apr 23, 2009
They are not exploiting anything. This is a forum for fans not for haters. Find your own forum. It is real simple, if you don't like the show, don't watch. You are all so jealous of their success it scares me. Read their book, you will see they came from nothing to where they are today. I am thrilled that their life turned out that way and they can afford to take care of their kids. Octo mom can't afford her kids. Table for 12 actually does commercials for ragu for money. They are not bottom feeders they are successful so if you don't like it simply don't watch.
Lynn

United States

#7 Apr 23, 2009
Melissa, Jon and Kate Gosselin couldn't afford their kids either, but they had them anyway. Intentionally. Jon has a spotty employment history at best, even lying about why he was fired when the 6 babies were born. They were on government assistance AND the state of Pennsylania paid for the birth of those children as well as a nurse for the first year and a half of their lives. Kate tried to get another year, but was ruled against.

The Gosselins are exploiting their children just as much as every other multiples family on television are. Nadya Suleman is just one unstable woman who "caught on" to their scam and is trying to cash in. They're all despicable.
mcclanto

Columbia, SC

#8 Apr 23, 2009
melissa wrote:
They are not exploiting anything. This is a forum for fans not for haters. Find your own forum. It is real simple, if you don't like the show, don't watch. You are all so jealous of their success it scares me. Read their book, you will see they came from nothing to where they are today. I am thrilled that their life turned out that way and they can afford to take care of their kids. Octo mom can't afford her kids. Table for 12 actually does commercials for ragu for money. They are not bottom feeders they are successful so if you don't like it simply don't watch.
Jon and Kate do commercials too! Allstate, juicy juice to name a few. Everything in the their life is given to them for free for the advertisement, so pretty much their whole is one big commercial!
Marie- Pennsylvania

Richmond, VA

#9 Apr 23, 2009
Shame on you Detroit!!
Shame on you Ursula Watson!!!
I am from the same town as Jon and Kate. I can share with you that th ewhole town and Berks County would like to get rid of them.
They both give a bad image of Pennsylvania.Both have managed to angry everyone they meet here in our County and all over the wonderful state of Pennsylvania.
1- Kate refused the gifts that the parishioners in her father's church gathered. She wanted money and cash only! Kate also wanted only expensive things before the birth of her 6 kids.
--She turned against Her Father, asst pastor Rev. Kreider. She turned against all of us parishioners.
She insulted us and we have not forgotten.
-- WHy do you think her family is away from her and Jon an the kids???
-- She turned against the good people of Elizabethtown.
-- She turned agianst all her family and friends
2- Kate always had a way of being rude and nasty to people in the past when she was not getting her way.
--Now, she does it LIVE on screen and every body says Amen??
3- Kate Does NOT spend time with the kids, only when filming
--So far she has had a total of 21 Nanies. All of whom she has fired.
4-- Kate does not have a motherly instinct. That is why God did not want her to get pregnant.
-- When does she hug the kids??
-- When does she read them bed time stories??
5-- Kate has not a single nice bone in her and here in Pennsylvania, we are all praying that nice Jon divorces her and get custody of all the kids.
6-- How sweet it would be!
For goodness sake, please USA do the research and find out what is going on before you put someone on a Show.
Are you all that gullable??
Come to Berks County and we'll let you in the truth about Kate.
We at her old church have plenty to say. She is not a Christian woman - and does not know what Christianity is.
Somebody stop her!!!
Cassandra Harrington

Queensbury, NY

#10 Apr 24, 2009
i love jon and kate plus 8 and this is not for haters for lovers
Linda

Fennville, MI

#11 Apr 24, 2009
Kate will be at the Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts in Muskegon, MI on May 13, 2009. Check out our website ( www.frauenthal.org ) we're really excited about her coming to our theater!
melissa

Downingtown, PA

#12 Apr 24, 2009
Shame on u marie. If you are a true christian woman, you would not judge others or put them down. We all know jon and kate have their faults, they are only human. If kate turned her back on her father, that is her buisness and she must have had good reason. How can you say that God did not want her to get pregnant? It clearly states in the bible that children are a heritage from the lord. I don't think he meant that for everyone except kate gosselin. Shame on you for gossiping about her without her knowledge. If this is how you treated her no wonder she turned her back on your church. You are very judgemental ulike Christ.
melissa

Downingtown, PA

#13 Apr 24, 2009
mcclanto wrote:
<quoted text>
Jon and Kate do commercials too! Allstate, juicy juice to name a few. Everything in the their life is given to them for free for the advertisement, so pretty much their whole is one big commercial!
I have never seen any commercials starring jon and Kate on any channel in new jersey.
melissa

Downingtown, PA

#14 Apr 24, 2009
mcclanto wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen any commercials in new jersey starring jon and kate
mcclanto

Columbia, SC

#15 Apr 24, 2009
melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen any commercials in new jersey starring jon and kate
Jon didn't promote Allstate in the Globetrotters episode??? He got paid for that. They get paid for Juicy Juice being shown constantly on their show. Everywhere they go is an advertisement.. a resort in CO, the Zoo, Sesame Street live,... etc!
betty

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 Apr 25, 2009
As a Christian I believe we should not judge others!
Marie- Pennsylvania wrote:
Shame on you Detroit!!
Shame on you Ursula Watson!!!
I am from the same town as Jon and Kate. I can share with you that th ewhole town and Berks County would like to get rid of them.
They both give a bad image of Pennsylvania.Both have managed to angry everyone they meet here in our County and all over the wonderful state of Pennsylvania.
1- Kate refused the gifts that the parishioners in her father's church gathered. She wanted money and cash only! Kate also wanted only expensive things before the birth of her 6 kids.
--She turned against Her Father, asst pastor Rev. Kreider. She turned against all of us parishioners.
She insulted us and we have not forgotten.
-- WHy do you think her family is away from her and Jon an the kids???
-- She turned against the good people of Elizabethtown.
-- She turned agianst all her family and friends
2- Kate always had a way of being rude and nasty to people in the past when she was not getting her way.
--Now, she does it LIVE on screen and every body says Amen??
3- Kate Does NOT spend time with the kids, only when filming
--So far she has had a total of 21 Nanies. All of whom she has fired.
4-- Kate does not have a motherly instinct. That is why God did not want her to get pregnant.
-- When does she hug the kids??
-- When does she read them bed time stories??
5-- Kate has not a single nice bone in her and here in Pennsylvania, we are all praying that nice Jon divorces her and get custody of all the kids.
6-- How sweet it would be!
For goodness sake, please USA do the research and find out what is going on before you put someone on a Show.
Are you all that gullable??
Come to Berks County and we'll let you in the truth about Kate.
We at her old church have plenty to say. She is not a Christian woman - and does not know what Christianity is.
Somebody stop her!!!
MY OPINION

Johnson City, TN

#17 Apr 25, 2009
mcclanto wrote:
<quoted text>
True, the first few seasons were about them raising their children. However, season four was not and I doubt season five will be any different.
Who's judging now?
MY OPINION

Johnson City, TN

#18 Apr 25, 2009
melissa wrote:
Who's judging now?
MY OPINION

Johnson City, TN

#19 Apr 25, 2009
MY OPINION wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's judging now?
...Sorry, wrong post!
susan

Ridge Spring, SC

#20 Apr 27, 2009
Jon and Kate are laughing all the way to the bank. They have made their fortune off their kids. I just don't understand how a tummy tuck for mom and hair plugs for dad was good for the kids. Those two love your money, they don;t give a fig about people. Just keep buying their videos, books, etc., also, don't forget to go to their appearance so you can be in the same building as the family you worship so mighty. They might let you purchase a potograph of them. This family is a joke. All either of them want is your money. This is a greedy couple who know how to use their kids to make a buck and have so far been extremely successful. I find this to be a very distastful way to make a living. They have prostituted their children for their own financial gain with the help of TLC.

Since: Apr 09

North Olmsted, OH

#21 Apr 27, 2009
Aletra wrote:
GREAT NEWS! Kate needs therapy and if that doesn't work, a good slam upside the head with a 2 x 4 might do it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great Lakes Church Troy, MI Mon JaredintheD 3
Michigan Institute of Urology (Dr George) Mon Technician 1
-----Join Snapchat------ (Nov '13) Dec 1 TreBae1996 2
Stop preying on us ! Nov 21 Go away 1
News Trump to end campaign in Michigan Monday with G... Nov 11 Go Blue Forever 22
News Voters to decide on RTA proposal Nov '16 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Aquinas men's tennis earns WHAC honors (May '16) May '16 michael 1

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages