4 dead as SUV and dump truck collide ...

4 dead as SUV and dump truck collide in western Hennepin County

There are 15 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 28, 2009, titled 4 dead as SUV and dump truck collide in western Hennepin County. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Four people are dead after a sport utility vehicle and a dump truck collided west of Minneapolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Murph

Ettrick, WI

#1 Jul 28, 2009
The myth of the mighty SUV as king of the road continues.Except for some pretty common things we have around the north country,ice,curves and REALLY BIG trucks. Slow down and pay attention no matter what you are driving.Drive defensively.Twice a larger vehicle in the passing lane at a stop light blocked my vision.Twice I waited til the truck moved first.Twice somebody ran those red lights and would have killed me and my passengers.
Mom in MN

Waterville, MN

#2 Jul 28, 2009
Murph wrote:
The myth of the mighty SUV as king of the road continues.Except for some pretty common things we have around the north country,ice,curves and REALLY BIG trucks. Slow down and pay attention no matter what you are driving.Drive defensively.Twice a larger vehicle in the passing lane at a stop light blocked my vision.Twice I waited til the truck moved first.Twice somebody ran those red lights and would have killed me and my passengers.
Wow, yeah buddy, it's all about you! Prayers to the families.

Since: Apr 09

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 28, 2009
Murph wrote:
Murph, don't sweat it. You said nothing wrong. There hasn't been a day since I've started driving that I've realized you have to drive defensively. It's not enough to just look out for your own driving, but more then likely for someone else's driving as well. I agree with your waiting to move only after the other driver moved out of your view.

Prayers to this poor family who were killed.
Place yer bets

Saint Cloud, MN

#4 Jul 28, 2009
I had a relative killed in a suicide-by-oncoming vehicle incident. From what little has been reported so far, this situation has some of that flavor. Hope it aint so.
Johnny Applesauce

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 29, 2009
All Known Names and AliasesJensen, Starrett D
Jensen, Starrett
Jensen, Starett Deland
Jensen, Bjorn Leif
Jensen, Starrett Deland
Jensen, Starrett Delano
All Reported Dates of Birth
10/08/1920
10/11/1980
06/20/1979
Convictions and SentencingConviction Number: 001
Case Number: 99011713
Court File Number: KX99095704
Disposition Date: 01/26/2004
Court Agency: Hennepin County District Court
Assigned Probation Agency: Hennepin County District
Count Number: 001
Statute Description: Drivers License-Unlawful Acts
Statute Number: 171.22
Disposition: Convicted
Pronounced Fine:$210
Court Cost Amount:$2
Assessment Amount:$25
Pronounced Sentence: 60 Days
Probation Sentence: 1 Years
Conviction Level: Misdemeanor

Conviction Number: 002
Case Number: 01351702
Court File Number: KX01102722
Disposition Date: 04/26/2002
Controlling Agency: Minneapolis Police Department
Statute Description: Failure to Register as Predatory Offender
Statute Number: 243.166
Pronounced Fine:$1000
Stayed Fine:$950
Pronounced Sentence: 365 Days
Probation Sentence: 2 Years
Conditional Confinement: 70 Days
Conviction Level: Gross Misdemeanor

Conviction Number: 003
Case Number: 03015377
Court File Number: KX03072387
Disposition Date: 09/14/2004
Controlling Agency: Edina Police Department

General Offense:
Statute Description: Aggravated Forgery-Utter or Possess Writing/Object
Statute Number: 609.625.3
Restitution Amount:$300
Pronounced Sentence: 17 Months
Probation Sentence: 3 Years
Conditional Confinement: 36 Days
Conviction Level: Felony

Conviction Number: 004
Case Number: 05078958
Court File Number: KX05028680
Disposition Date: 10/21/2007
General Offense:
Statute Description: Theft
Statute Number: 609.52
Pronounced Sentence: 27 Months
Conviction Number: 005
Case Number: 05083959
Court File Number: K705005201
Disposition Date: 02/13/2007
Controlling Agency: Blaine Police Department
Court Agency: Anoka District Court
Assigned Custodial Agency: MN Cor Fac St Cloud
Pronounced Sentence: 18 Months

Conviction Number: 006
Case Number: 02134378
Court File Number: KX02045212
Disposition Date: 04/28/2003
Pronounced Sentence: 24 Months
Conditional Confinement: 322 Days
Conviction Number: 007
Case Number: 06701711
Court File Number: CR06480
Disposition Date: 09/26/2006
Controlling Agency: Appleton Police Department
Statute Description: Drugs-3rd Deg-Possess 3 Grams/More Cocaine Mixture
Statute Number: 152.023.2.1
Pronounced Sentence: 51 Months
Place yer bets

Saint Cloud, MN

#6 Jul 30, 2009
Place yer bets wrote:
I had a relative killed in a suicide-by-oncoming vehicle incident. From what little has been reported so far, this situation has some of that flavor. Hope it aint so.
Sounds now like it was just bad driving decisions and not suicide. I can't say I'm "happy" that's the case since either way innocent people died, but at least it wasn't THAT.
here we go

Sacramento, CA

#7 Jul 30, 2009
I hate what this guy did to those little girls, but I'm glad he did the rest of us a favor and got himself off the road before killing one of us.
St_Paul_Mom

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jul 30, 2009
Question...Did the TV (chn 5?) report this and is it correct?

On the news they stated that the SUV was involved in aggresive driving about 50 minutes earlier. Also they stated that the girls were not on car seats.
My other question is......
Was he ticketed for these violations? Was he given a warning?

I hope that the families find comfort in the loving memories of these beautiful little girls.
here we go

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jul 30, 2009
St_Paul_Mom wrote:
Question...Did the TV (chn 5?) report this and is it correct?
On the news they stated that the SUV was involved in aggresive driving about 50 minutes earlier. Also they stated that the girls were not on car seats.
My other question is......
Was he ticketed for these violations? Was he given a warning?
I hope that the families find comfort in the loving memories of these beautiful little girls.
That's pretty much what I heard, too. A citizen called in that the guy was driving eratically. The cop didn't see it so could only give the guy a warning, but did tell him to buckle up the girls.

He told the cop he was in a hurry to get his grandmother to the airport. My question is, if he was pulled over in Litchfield and the accident happened in Independence(I think I heard) and hour and a half after the cop stopped him, what was he doing all that time? Even if it was only 50 minutes, wouldn't that have been pleny of time to get to the airport from Litchfield? How far is Litchfield from Independence? Something just isn't adding up here.
RIP OLD FRIEND

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jul 31, 2009
My heart goes out to Bjorn and the rest of the family of Starett, Sofia, Starianna, and Grandma. I used to be very good friends with Bjorn and Star when we were 17 years old. I am saddened by this tragic loss. I am in shock about this terrible accident. What I knew of Starett, he was a good man just a little troubled and misunderstood, but a good person. Rest in peace. God Bless the Jensen and Jackson family. If anyone can give me insight to where or when the funeral will be PLEASE let me know! Thank you. One of the "TWINS."
Yep

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 31, 2009
Pronounced Sentence: 24 Months
Conditional Confinement: 322 Days
Conviction Number: 007
Case Number: 06701711
Court File Number: CR06480
Disposition Date: 09/26/2006
Controlling Agency: Appleton Police Department
Statute Description: Drugs-3rd Deg-Possess 3 Grams/More Cocaine Mixture
Statute Number: 152.023.2.1
Pronounced Sentence: 51 Months
Feel real sorry for this family!!!!!!!!!!
oh man

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 31, 2009
this is tereble,
1luv

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Aug 7, 2009
First I'll say this "let he who has never sinned cast the first stone." People really amaze me at the stuff they have the nerve to say on these blogs. Starrett was not a perfect person but he was a person, a father , a brother, son, cousin, uncle, friend to someone. all of these people that he was these things to were affected by this. Sophia and Starriona were victims of this accident. Lets have some empathy for this family.
Another Old Friend

San Francisco, CA

#14 Aug 10, 2009
RIP OLD FRIEND wrote:
My heart goes out to Bjorn and the rest of the family of Starett, Sofia, Starianna, and Grandma. I used to be very good friends with Bjorn and Star when we were 17 years old. I am saddened by this tragic loss. I am in shock about this terrible accident. What I knew of Starett, he was a good man just a little troubled and misunderstood, but a good person. Rest in peace. God Bless the Jensen and Jackson family. If anyone can give me insight to where or when the funeral will be PLEASE let me know! Thank you. One of the "TWINS."
I was saddened to hear of this tradegy as well. It's not easy to understand why something so devasting could happen to a family who loved the Lord and was so gracious and caring.
Andre or Bjorn, please call me. I miss you both.
Daughter of Yahweh

United States

#15 Mar 27, 2012
RIP OLD FRIEND wrote:
thank you twins that meant alot to me to see now that I can even look at things like this. Love u & baby k. Youll always be my sister_girls. God bless always

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Right now!!!!!!! 54 min space ace 2
britain leaves EU, new world order stunned 10 hr cowboy chris 11
News Pride Weekend Kick-Off Parties 18 hr Joe Balls 5
Typical Minnesota Voter Sat Phineas 6
News Fourth of July Fireworks in Minnesota Sat Phineas 14
News Wisconsin girl who drowned in Crystal identified (Aug '08) Oct '15 Anonymous 8
News Rail expansion plans anger and surprise in nort... (Sep '15) Sep '15 cowboy chris 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages