Rapid Transit corridors throughout th...

Rapid Transit corridors throughout the metro

There are 13 comments on the Insight News story from Mar 6, 2013, titled Rapid Transit corridors throughout the metro. In it, Insight News reports that:

The Metropolitan Council is taking public comments on amending the region's long-range Transportation Policy Plan to include light rail transit for the Bottineau Transitway in Hennepin County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Insight News.

AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#1 Mar 6, 2013
Be sure and make it a direct line from Chicago, Detroit and Gary to Minnecrapolis to secure a voting majority with the low-information, disenfranchised voter.
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 6, 2013
Sounds like another racist Republican remark to me.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#3 Mar 6, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Sounds like another racist Republican remark to me.
Only racist when it's not true. But you do seem to be out of touch with reality.
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 6, 2013
No, it is racist whenever it singles out a specific race. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the meaning of the word.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#5 Mar 6, 2013
Ralph wrote:
No, it is racist whenever it singles out a specific race. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the meaning of the word.
Eh, so be it. I'm good with it.
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Mar 6, 2013
I hope your God is as well, or you'll be spending an eternity where it's always warm.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#7 Mar 6, 2013
Ralph wrote:
I hope your God is as well, or you'll be spending an eternity where it's always warm.
I'm going to Hell because I don't want to pay for welfare rats? Hilarious.
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 6, 2013
No, you are going to hell because you are a racist bigot and fail to help the poor.
Ralph

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Mar 6, 2013
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to Hell because I don't want to pay for welfare rats? Hilarious.
Fast free rail to blue hubs is the next free stuff from Libertards.

Welfare rats love to be able to move around at will, it makes it easy to move drugs, tuits, cash, illegal stuff.
Ralph

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 6, 2013
There are 3,000,000 people in the Twin Cities.

Lets say there are 2,000,000 commuters.

The Hiawatha can move about 10,000 people per the Met Council, based on the time it takes to move a full train to it's destination and how long people will wait for a train ride, or any ride for that matter.

It would take 200 LRT trains to move all the commuters. There isn't enough realestate for 200 rail yards in the metro.

Not to mention the $200,000,000,000 it would cost to build the LRT and a billion a year to maintain it. And a lot of money to maintain a fleet of busses and staff to operate same to back up the LRTs when they fail, and they do fail.
Ralph

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 10, 2013
Railyards destroy cities.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#12 Mar 10, 2013
The fact is people from Chicago are moving to better states like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, & Indiana... for a better life. In Minnesota many still recieve food stamps from Illinois but also Minnesota, they get a break in crime (less penalties) less competition in crimes they commit and are not hated.

Somehow we need to limit people of inner city status from moving here. One way is no food stamps or any government assistance for 3 years if you relocate out of state.... Also, get rid of any stupid train ideas and anything else one can think up to keep theses thugs in chicago
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#13 Mar 10, 2013
Mass transit should only be held to the inner cities and not be allowed to operate outside of Minneapolis, St. Paul and maybe the Airport.

Furthermore, MSP and MetCouncil have fallen in Love with Obama who wants to take this concept and force it on everyone, everywhere. Redistribute tax dollars from the suburbs, exurbs (for example Shakopee) and give it to some ghetto thug in Minneapolis to ride the bus, or worse ride the bus to Shakopee and rape and murder through your town

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Devoted Jehovah's Witness Prince Kept a Swear J... 2 min El Cacique 36
News Purple Faith: Prince's Life as a Jehovah's Witness 35 min El Cacique 551
FOVR funded by soros 2 hr space ace 1
The tolerant left! 3 hr space ace 2
my food was poisoned! 3 hr space ace 2
Social Media 4 hr UncleSam 4
im a loser and a scumbag 4 hr Ted Flanders 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages