Chrysler's $1.7 billion profit nets w...

Chrysler's $1.7 billion profit nets workers $2,250 bonuses

Posted in the Robbinsdale Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
scooby schmahl

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jan 30, 2013

Source: Detroit News

January 30, 2013 at 12:05 pm
By Bryce G. Hoffman

Chrysler Group LLC reported Wednesday a net profit of almost $1.7 billion for 2012 and fourth-quarter earnings of $378 million.

That was an eightfold improvement over the $183 million the company earned in 2011 and offered further proof of the automaker's turnaround.

It was even better than the $734 million the company would have made in 2011 if it had not paid back its loans from the U.S. and Canadian governments early, and it exceeded the company's previous projections.

CEO Sergio Marchionne said hourly UAW workers will receive profit-sharing checks averaging $2,250; Ford on Tuesday announced its average profit sharing will be $8,300. Salaried Chrysler workers also will get bonuses.

Read more: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130130/A...

----------

Thank you, Mr. President!
scooby slew

South Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Sweet, another company bailed out at Americans' expense so the profits can be shipped overseas, back to Italy in this case.
cantmakeitup

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 30, 2013
scooby schmahl wrote:
Source: Detroit News
January 30, 2013 at 12:05 pm
By Bryce G. Hoffman
Chrysler Group LLC reported Wednesday a net profit of almost $1.7 billion for 2012 and fourth-quarter earnings of $378 million.
That was an eightfold improvement over the $183 million the company earned in 2011 and offered further proof of the automaker's turnaround.
It was even better than the $734 million the company would have made in 2011 if it had not paid back its loans from the U.S. and Canadian governments early, and it exceeded the company's previous projections.
CEO Sergio Marchionne said hourly UAW workers will receive profit-sharing checks averaging $2,250; Ford on Tuesday announced its average profit sharing will be $8,300. Salaried Chrysler workers also will get bonuses.
Read more: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130130/A...
----------
Thank you, Mr. President!
Great news Detroit you are making a Renaissance!
Smart decision made by bring the Challenger Back wow and the dodge Ram is a winner too!also congrats UAW.
Lawton

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 30, 2013
scooby slew wrote:
Sweet, another company bailed out at Americans' expense so the profits can be shipped overseas, back to Italy in this case.
Hey doofus, the story is about all those decent paying jobs that were preserved and how these solidly middle class workers got big bonuses.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 30, 2013
scooby slew wrote:
What are you talking about idiot?
Chrysler World headquarters is in Auburn,Mi the fiat division is in Italy.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jan 30, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text> What are you talking about idiot?
You are clueless.

In a regulatory filing dated 22 July 2011, the Michigan-based automaker reported that Fiat held a 53.5% interest (fully diluted). Fiat and Chrylser have both stated that they expect that interest to reach 58.5% by the end of 2011 as result of achievement of the third of the three performance objectives.[40] In 5 January 2012 Fiat released press info that the ownership has increased to 58.5%.[41] The stake was further increased to 61.8% in July 2012.[42]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jan 30, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text> What are you talking about idiot?
It would seem that Fiat's Chrysler division is in Michigan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Really missed the UAW American union part, huh putz ??? LMAOROTFU~!

Funny, you hate unions, ALL companies, and good news...

How much does YOUR LIFE SUCK ????
Amused Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Really missed the UAW American union part, huh putz ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Funny, you hate unions, ALL companies, and good news...
How much does YOUR LIFE SUCK ????
Another Slewism. Anyone who thinks the bailout was a waste of money hates unions. Anyone who thinks the bailout was a good expenditure of over $250,000 per job saved or created is a good American. My gay hubby is really a financial whiz. Just ask him.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Your girlfriend crass-ass...tells me that your lovemaking is like going to the dentist...sit back, relax...you won't EVER feel a thing ! LMAOROTFU~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Slewism. Anyone who thinks the bailout was a waste of money hates unions. Anyone who thinks the bailout was a good expenditure of over $250,000 per job saved or created is a good American. My gay hubby is really a financial whiz. Just ask him.
Only fake black guy redeemer and fake cantmakeitup use the words "Detroit" and "renaissance" in the same sentence. Same person? You make the call.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Poor child, so unoriginal and dumb...Please do better, you look as stupid as you are.
Amused Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 30, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Only fake black guy redeemer and fake cantmakeitup use the words "Detroit" and "renaissance" in the same sentence. Same person? You make the call.
Are you saying that someone on the left is lying? Oh my. I would not expect that from those very nice people. Didn't redeemer say something about wanting to kiss Jews?
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#14 Jan 30, 2013
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Only fake black guy redeemer and fake cantmakeitup use the words "Detroit" and "renaissance" in the same sentence. Same person? You make the call.
You know, I do understand you. I have a way with dumb animals.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Jan 30, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Poor child, so unoriginal and dumb...Please do better, you look as stupid as you are.
Detroit? Renaissance?

Stuck in Reverse, Detroit Edges Closer to Bankruptcy Published: Tuesday, 29 Jan 2013 | 1:58 AM ET

Jonathan K. Li | CNBC
Bentley GT Speed ConvertibleAt the Detroit Auto Show earlier this month, luxury was in the air. Pricey new Bentleys and Maseratis glittered - including a Maserati 2014 Quattroporte with a $132,000 price tag; U.S. Cabinet Secretaries and dignitaries rubbed shoulders; and many of the well-heeled attendees ponied up for a $300-a-ticket black-tie charity ball.

But in a city that is slowly dying, the glitz didn't extend much beyond the Cobo Center exhibition hall.

The story of Detroit's decline is decades old: Its tax revenue and population have shrunk and labor costs have remained out of whack. But the city's budget problems have deepened to such an extent that it could run out of cash in a matter of weeks or months and ultimately be forced into what would be the largest-ever Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy filing in the United States.

Frustrated by the lack of concrete progress, Michigan Governor Rick Snyder, a Republican, last month appointed a team to scour the city's books. The audit could result in a state takeover of Detroit's finances through the appointment of an emergency financial manager. Such a manager, who would seize control of the city's checkbook, could then propose federal bankruptcy court as the best option.

Detroit? Renaissance? I guess for a group of monikers who think Obama is doing a great job, Detroit probably is in a Renaissance.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#16 Jan 30, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that someone on the left is lying? Oh my. I would not expect that from those very nice people. Didn't redeemer say something about wanting to kiss Jews?
t's unfortunate about your gambling problem. I heard, last week that you lost you whole paycheck playing solitaire ! Of course, we ALL recognize a real loser ! LMAOROTFU!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 30, 2013
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100414480

Forgot my link, I actually back up my posts with sources, unlike some low integrity posters.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#18 Jan 30, 2013
It's unfortunate about your gambling problem. I heard, last week that you lost you whole paycheck playing solitaire ! Of course, we ALL recognize a real loser ! LMAOROTFU!
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#19 Jan 30, 2013
non-starter wrote:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/1004144 80
Forgot my link, I actually back up my posts with sources, unlike some low integrity posters.
Low integrity, like your 15 cents "story", right wing nut liar ?? LMAOROTFU~! Want to discuss your adding words to a site, to make a moronic point ? Yep, you're low integrity and actually a duplicitous POS ~!(look it up....child)
Amused Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
It's unfortunate about your gambling problem. I heard, last week that you lost you whole paycheck playing solitaire ! Of course, we ALL recognize a real loser ! LMAOROTFU!
Lookie! Lookie! My Slewsie is getting flustered. Double posting to correct your spelling errors is not a good thing Slewsie. Try using that Spell Checker button on your ipad. You do have an ipad, don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recall Senator John McCain 24 min Cat Fan 11
Renewable Energy Jobs up 16 Percent in Minnesota 6 hr RedeemerWeinstein 4
Where is Mandalay Bay Security Guard ? 6 hr RedeemerWeinstein 3
NFL endorses criminal-justice reform bill 10 hr Davycrockett 17
Hillary is a Hot Mess 10 hr Davycrockett 8
Fast and Furious - The Next Chapter (Oct '12) 20 hr LIbEralS 16
Creepy hollywood libtard harvey weinstein Mon The Lumber Jack 95

Robbinsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance