The police state is here
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#69 Feb 18, 2013
real space ace wrote:
<quoted text>This right here is the downfall of our society. When people get trapped in the left right paradigm this tough you know it's a matter of time.
It has nothing to do with left or right - it has to do with the wacky political positions that Libertarians have.
real space ace

Maple Grove, MN

#70 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't a chance in hell of getting a Libertarian elected president in the next couple decades, and you'd be lucky to get a handul of Senators and Representatives elected. Libertarian's aren't a viable political party in the United States.
But somehow liberals and conservatives are doing such a great job that they still deserve to run the country? Nice logic. Clinton,both bushes,obama,carter, should be in jail for the corruption they engage in. Enjoy your'e horrible economy and collapsing society dipshit.
real space ace

Maple Grove, MN

#71 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with left or right - it has to do with the wacky political positions that Libertarians have.
How are they wacky? I think having military bases across the world like we are king is wacky. Warantless wiretaping is wacky too. And horrible spending is wacky also. Not libertarianism.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#72 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. I'm not Slew and I've never seen Slew trying to pass himself off as a Ron Paul fan (of course I could be wrong on that).
I'm not sure what drugs you are on, but they obviously aren't working for you. See your doctor for some help.
Rofl you are not sophisticated to pass that off.

Like I said...

Your stupidity can be seen a mile away slew
BUSHWHACKER

Kent, WA

#73 Feb 18, 2013
I like pretend arguments, where one side gets to interpret cherry picked stories, while the other makes up nonsense we cannot question...... like Rand Paul's BS !!!
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#74 Feb 18, 2013
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Rofl you are not sophisticated to pass that off.
Like I said...
Your stupidity can be seen a mile away slew
If you say so. Am I also anyone else besides Slew?
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#75 Feb 18, 2013
real space ace wrote:
<quoted text>How are they wacky? I think having military bases across the world like we are king is wacky. Warantless wiretaping is wacky too. And horrible spending is wacky also. Not libertarianism.
Actually I somewhat agree on the military part.

Why is "Warantless wiretaping" [sic] a problem unless you are doing something wrong? Most spending isn't wacky. Libertarians would completely dismantle the safety net, which most Americans strongly disagree with, for example.

I like the idea of red light cameras, for example, and radar patrolling for speeders. Again, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to be afriad of.
real space ace

Maple Grove, MN

#76 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is "Warantless wiretaping" [sic] a problem unless you are doing something wrong? Most spending isn't wacky. Libertarians would completely dismantle the safety net, which most Americans strongly disagree with, for example.
I like the idea of red light cameras, for example, and radar patrolling for speeders. Again, if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to be afriad of.
That's not the point. If we are to live in a free and prosperous society law abiding citizens should not be subject to daily monitoring as if we are thugs on the prowl. You can try to prevent crimes but to advocate a police state in order to do so is a mistake. Never sacrifice liberty for security. If i'm not doing anything wrong why do i need to be monitored as if i were a child roaming around with no discipline. I reckon most americans are great law abiding citizens who do not need to be molested by the tsa,or stopped at checkpoints. The next time the tsa tells you to put your'e hands up high while they are searching you please ask yourself:"is this the pose of a free man".
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#77 Feb 18, 2013
real space ace wrote:
<quoted text>That's not the point. If we are to live in a free and prosperous society law abiding citizens should not be subject to daily monitoring as if we are thugs on the prowl. You can try to prevent crimes but to advocate a police state in order to do so is a mistake. Never sacrifice liberty for security. If i'm not doing anything wrong why do i need to be monitored as if i were a child roaming around with no discipline. I reckon most americans are great law abiding citizens who do not need to be molested by the tsa,or stopped at checkpoints. The next time the tsa tells you to put your'e hands up high while they are searching you please ask yourself:"is this the pose of a free man".
Well said.
BUSHWHACKED

Kent, WA

#78 Feb 18, 2013
Your freedom ends at your neighbor's safety. If you're doing nothing wrong, the "watching" isn't important... You want to make your own rules.
real space ace

Maple Grove, MN

#79 Feb 18, 2013
BUSHWHACKED wrote:
Your freedom ends at your neighbor's safety. If you're doing nothing wrong, the "watching" isn't important... You want to make your own rules.
Exactly. If i'm doing nothing wrong why should i be monitored in the first place? Because a small fraction of our society chooses to behave in a negative manner i should give up my rights? It's called reasonable search and seizure and it's not reasonable to think that a person with a clean rap sheet should have to be searched or monitored due to others crimes.Unfortunetly fear for safety has led the american public to accept the belief that everyone should be monitored to prevent crime. It's a loony position that has succeeded through fear tactics imposed on the american society.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#80 Feb 18, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Who monitors the people doing the monitoring? All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#81 Feb 18, 2013
BUSHWHACKED wrote:
I told you, you are too stupid to influence public opinion.

But keep plugging away!

You do have an influence.
And that is deterring people from your point of view.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SLEWPID!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

#82 Feb 18, 2013
You have choices, but most Americans don't want to pay for feet on the ground, when surveillance is cheaper, better proof, and actually gets convictions...

Rodney King heralded a new world, WELCOME stranger/moron.

Throw away your cell phone, it monitors your location...
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#83 Feb 18, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
You have choices, but most Americans don't want to pay for feet on the ground, when surveillance is cheaper, better proof, and actually gets convictions...
who needs convictions when you can drop a hellfire missile from a drone?
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#84 Feb 18, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Ain't it cheaper just to kill suspects right on the spot?

Bullets aren't that expensive if you don't want to use missiles.

What a wonderful world that would be.

Anyone caught breaking laws would be shot on sight.

Who needs the judicial branch of government?
Lets just throw away the useless constitution that is outdated and embrace the new Orwellian world of control.

If you don't break laws...you have nothing to worry about right?
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

#85 Feb 18, 2013
Who needs reality, when you can spew dramatic nonsense from a dumb*ss !
real space ace

Maple Grove, MN

#86 Feb 18, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
I don't think spending an ass load of money on trafic cameras that hardly capture any type of crime is beneficial to anyone. It's a complete waste. You want to see the road conditions get your'e ass out there and see for yourself. We don't need lazy newscasters sitting in a studio explaining the road conditions to us. We survived without them. It's a lame excuse to keep an eye on us americans and to sacrifice liberty for security is wrong no matter which way you twist it. I'd rather face the threat than to give up my rights.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

#87 Feb 18, 2013
Throw away your cell or you're a hypocrite.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#88 Feb 18, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Who needs reality, when you can spew dramatic nonsense from a dumb*ss !
Lol and who needs the constitution when you don't follow it?

You know a lot about spewing in ass right?

Did it hurt the first time you took it up the Hershey highway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro 3 hr But But But 52
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING 6 hr LIbEralS 17
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Sun texas pete 628
Get Over It! Sat Evil Roy Slade 10
News 1 person injured in 2 a.m. shooting at St. Loui... Sat Protesters CAN WORK 1
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Fri Squirtzzz3971 35,607
News Hennepin County Medical Center is a leader in '... Nov '16 WildLifeLover 5

Robbinsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages