NFL player speaks truth and attacked ...

NFL player speaks truth and attacked by leftism

Posted in the Robbinsdale Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#1 Jan 31, 2013
NEW ORLEANS (Reuters)- Super Bowl-bound San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver faced intense media scrutiny on Thursday for saying he would not accept a gay teammate in the team's locker-room.

Culliver came under fire for the comments he made this week on comedian Artie Lange's radio show but apologies from the player and National Football League team in statements late on Wednesday did little to diffuse the situation.

The issue, particularly sensitive for a 49ers team that is based in a community with a large gay population, dominated Thursday's pre-Super Bowl media activities.

The 24-year-old second-year cornerback, largely ignored by the media in previous sessions, faced a huge scrum of television cameras on Thursday and repeated the apologetic stance he had taken earlier in a written statement.

"I apologize. I'm sorry. It's not what I feel in my heart. I know I will learn from this," said Culliver, who started in six games for the NFC champion Niners this season. "I was really not thinking. It was not something that I feel in my heart."

Asked about creating a distraction just days away from the Super Bowl showdown with the Baltimore Ravens in New Orleans, Culliver said: "I'm not trying to bring any distraction to the team. We're trying to win a Super Bowl."

49ers chief executive Jed York told reporters that the team would take Culliver at his word and help him learn from the gay community.

"I think Chris made some dumb, insensitive remarks. You have to understand, in context that you have a young kid who spoke to the media for an hour, he sort of got too comfortable and let something get out that wasn't truly how he felt," said York.

During the interview with Lange, Culliver said he would not want a gay teammate, that the 49ers did not have any gay players and that if they did those players should leave.

San Francisco head coach Jim Harbaugh said he had spoken to Culliver about the issue.

"We reject what he said. That's not something that reflects the way the organization feels, the way most of the players feel," he said. "I hope and pray that it affects him in a positive way going forward."

Harbaugh said he was sure the comments did not reflect the player's personality.

"I do believe that there wasn't malice in his heart; he's not that kind of person. He's not an ugly person; he's not a discriminating person."

http://news.yahoo.com/49ers-culliver-under-fi...
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#2 Jan 31, 2013
Culliver told the radio host Artie Lange on Tuesday that "I don't do the gay guys, man," adding that "we don't need no gay people on the team" and that gay players "can't be... in the locker room" and that gay players should "come out 10 years later after that." All of which obviously led to an uproar across the web, the world of sports, and the gay-rights community, and eventually to Culliver issuing the following statement on Wednesday night:
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#3 Jan 31, 2013
Anyone, who cared about another person's bedroom, is the REAL PERVERT....
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Anyone, who cared about another person's bedroom, is the REAL PERVERT....
most people don't want the hand washing soap to have aids, except you
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Most people know more about aids transmission.... Seems unlikely, a healthy NFL player would have it, compared to you.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#7 Jan 31, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Most people know more about aids transmission.... Seems unlikely, a healthy NFL player would have it, compared to you.
Washing your hands with soap shouldn't be a way to get aids, this is how straight people get it. It is the way your community tries to put it's punishment on those of us that are innocent of your godless sins

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#8 Jan 31, 2013
A force fed apology, guaranteed.
Try voicing an opinion that doesn't align with Barry''evolution' on the subject, and all hell breaks loose.
What's right is wrong, all around.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#9 Jan 31, 2013
Sure, the "coach" Jim Harbaugh, goes by Barry, especially after a few dozen 40 oz cold ones !! LMAOROTFU~! Say hello to your transsexual mommy...

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Coach has his marching orders too, don't you dare disrupt the parade.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Feb 1, 2013
40for60 wrote:
A force fed apology, guaranteed.
Try voicing an opinion that doesn't align with Barry''evolution' on the subject, and all hell breaks loose.
What's right is wrong, all around.
You are entitled to your opinions, but the bottom line is that bigotry is wrong, all around.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#12 Feb 1, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your opinions, but the bottom line is that bigotry is wrong, all around.
One could come to the conclusion that you are bigoted toward conservatives, what's right is wrong, all around.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Feb 1, 2013
Following your logic, I am also bigoted towards murderers??/ And rapists??

This is America, and you are certainly most welcome to have your own opinions, I respect that.

My opinion is that anyone who discriminates against a group of Americans on any characteristic, be it race, religion, color, sexual orientation, shoe size and other attribute is wrong.

Now - your trivia question for the day. What famous TV show festured a picture from Craigsville at the start of its show every week?
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#14 Feb 1, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
One could come to the conclusion that you are bigoted toward conservatives, what's right is wrong, all around.
You'd have a point, if our opinions DIRECTLY prevented your happiness in your own home... Like your behavior does to others.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#15 Feb 1, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>You'd have a point, if our opinions DIRECTLY prevented your happiness in your own home... Like your behavior does to others.
Happiness and marriage are not indelibly linked, but mine is, silly Wabbit

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16 Feb 1, 2013
This seems to be a lot about nothing. The guy doens't like gays, and gays, now, don't like him. Where is the story? Lange could and should have buried this until after Sunday, it detracts from game and quite frankly gives the gays another platform from which they can spread their victimization campaign.
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#17 Feb 1, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happiness and marriage are not indelibly linked, but mine is, silly Wabbit
I do not know why 40for60 has such a great interest in the homosexual threads. Before the Mexicans took his job at Hormel, he spent 10 hrs a day removing the lower digestive system from the cattle on the assembly line. That could be the link.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#18 Feb 1, 2013
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>I do not know why 40for60 has such a great interest in the homosexual threads. Before the Mexicans took his job at Hormel, he spent 10 hrs a day removing the lower digestive system from the cattle on the assembly line. That could be the link.
From someone who can't decide whether to cruise the gay sites or search the internet for black crime, you sure aren't the one to be talking.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#19 Feb 1, 2013
I disagree with crass, but with your transsexual mommy, you aren't much better...or talking.
real space ace

Maple Grove, MN

#20 Feb 1, 2013
Homophobes..........

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#21 Feb 1, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
Following your logic, I am also bigoted towards murderers??/ And rapists??
This is America, and you are certainly most welcome to have your own opinions, I respect that.
My opinion is that anyone who discriminates against a group of Americans on any characteristic, be it race, religion, color, sexual orientation, shoe size and other attribute is wrong.
Now - your trivia question for the day. What famous TV show festured a picture from Craigsville at the start of its show every week?
It's Craigville to you, lol
Cheers, good one.
Here's one, which beer brand featured a picture of a lake about 20 miles South of Effie on its commercial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 1 hr Terra Firma 104
Trump Agrees With CRASSUS on the NFL 1 hr Space ace 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr Talkin About Science 37,426
Who hates Trump more DavyCrockett or Charlie Ga... 9 hr Davycrockett 2
Rocket man the New Democrat leader Fri Cat Fan 9
Confirmed: trump was wiretapped Thu Hillary Blames ot... 4
Maggies Move to Minnesota Sep 21 Irish 6

Robbinsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages