For a good, cheaper cigar, head to Wi...

For a good, cheaper cigar, head to Wisconsin; Minnesota tobacco merchants suffer

There are 73 comments on the TwinCities story from Mar 28, 2014, titled For a good, cheaper cigar, head to Wisconsin; Minnesota tobacco merchants suffer. In it, TwinCities reports that:

A few times a week, John Schumacher gets in his car and drives across the border to Hudson, Wis., where he stops by St. Croix Cigar Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
gen is dumb

Naperville, IL

#72 Apr 19, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Something we can agree on. Also, common sense means that non-smokers will not hang around smokers and then whine about the smoke.
You are right. Common sense means non smokers will forcefully extinguish the cigarette by whatever means possible.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#73 Apr 19, 2014
gen is dumb wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. Common sense means non smokers will forcefully extinguish the cigarette by whatever means possible.
No, common sense means you will stay away from places where smoking is allowed and not attempt to assault them simply because you wish to start a self righteous confrontation.
To say the least, it would be bad form. And very probably more hazardous to your health than sticking with your own pretentious kind.
gen is dumb

Naperville, IL

#74 Apr 19, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
No, common sense means you will stay away from places where smoking is allowed and not attempt to assault them simply because you wish to start a self righteous confrontation.
To say the least, it would be bad form. And very probably more hazardous to your health than sticking with your own pretentious kind.
Some stupid smoker will chase me. Let them. I will run just fast enough that they will keep trying until they have a heart attack and die. Then I will laugh my derriere off. One less smoker. What is not to like.

Rogers, MN

#75 Apr 19, 2014
gen is dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Some stupid smoker will chase me. Let them. I will run just fast enough that they will keep trying until they have a heart attack and die. Then I will laugh my derriere off. One less smoker. What is not to like.
Unless they just shoot you first. One less childish twit who couldn't mind their own business. It's natures way of weeding out the stupid. What's not to like?

Tell us, if you live long enough, do you plan on graduating to the knockout game oh brave one?

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#76 Apr 20, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
No, common sense means you will stay away from places where smoking is allowed.
Liberals don't think they way. If somebody is doing an activity that they don't partake in or agree with, they demand it become illegal. Libs are too stupid and too agenda driven to just avoid smoking areas which are nearly nonexistent nowadays.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#78 Apr 23, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Something we can agree on. Also, common sense means that non-smokers will not hang around smokers and then whine about the smoke.

We don;t whine about the smoke....We do something about it. Unlike the whinyassed smokers, we get up off our ass and get the laws changed so we can enjoy a venue. We are doing a great job of it, too. So unless you see a Cheshire cat grin as whining (We grin while we win, and we are winning) we are not whiners.
Capt Crunch

Sedona, AZ

#79 Apr 23, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
We don;t whine about the smoke....We do something about it. Unlike the whinyassed smokers, we get up off our ass and get the laws changed so we can enjoy a venue. We are doing a great job of it, too. So unless you see a Cheshire cat grin as whining (We grin while we win, and we are winning) we are not whiners.
I see that you have a new moniker Are you getting deleted a little to quickly under your vast array of aliases?

Location hidden

#80 Apr 23, 2014
Capt Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you have a new moniker Are you getting deleted a little to quickly under your vast array of aliases?
Unlike you, I have a registered account and have been using it for almost a year. I use my real name and do not choose a cereal box character as my tag. I also do not recall seeing Capt Crunch before. Of course, you could have posted something that I considered to be completely idiotic and truly unworthy of my attention. The post I am replying to did not quite fit that description, but it did come pretty close.

OK, now that you are done reading this you can go back into the corner and pick your nose while you unsuccessfully try to think of a witty reply.

TaTa

Rogers, MN

#82 Apr 24, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
As with most, if not all, things, the pendulum will eventually swing back the other way and there will again be choices for every one. Business owners will be allowed to choose whether they will or will not allow smoking, consumers will be allowed to choose whether they do or do not want to patronize those businesses. Instead of letting the government make those choices for them.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#83 Apr 24, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
As with most, if not all, things, the pendulum will eventually swing back the other way and there will again be choices for every one. Business owners will be allowed to choose whether they will or will not allow smoking, consumers will be allowed to choose whether they do or do not want to patronize those businesses. Instead of letting the government make those choices for them.
Don't count on it. If anything, the liberals will work to making smoking totally illegal.

Rogers, MN

#84 Apr 24, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't count on it. If anything, the liberals will work to making smoking totally illegal.
And give up tens, if not hunderds of billions in tax revenue? Not bloody likely.
Capt Crunch

Sedona, AZ

#85 Apr 24, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I have a registered account and have been using it for almost a year. I use my real name and do not choose a cereal box character as my tag. I also do not recall seeing Capt Crunch before. Of course, you could have posted something that I considered to be completely idiotic and truly unworthy of my attention. The post I am replying to did not quite fit that description, but it did come pretty close.
OK, now that you are done reading this you can go back into the corner and pick your nose while you unsuccessfully try to think of a witty reply.
TaTa
You have a number of registered accounts. In fact, you also registered the Capt Crunch name with a picture of the Capt in your moniker space. You can't hide your stench that easily

Location hidden

#86 Apr 24, 2014
Capt Crunch wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a number of registered accounts. In fact, you also registered the Capt Crunch name with a picture of the Capt in your moniker space. You can't hide your stench that easily
Whatever you say, dude. Whatever you say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Fair gate closes as Black Lives Matter pr... 4 hr LIbEralS 3
Amazing 4 blacks IDed on race 14 hr Gerry 9
Gayism the mental illness 15 hr Wrong 2
Black Lies Matter to Disrupt State Fair! 15 hr Wrong 63
Team Obama behind IRS Scandal (May '13) Fri LIbErals 115
News St. Paul man convicted of stabbing wife 64 time... (Apr '11) Fri dGo mdDaen lyHo i... 21
Hillary should pay for Benghazi (Apr '14) Fri Normal is OK 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages