Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31282 Jan 27, 2014
Ostrich wrote:
No no no!!
Yes, yes, yes... yes!

Any others like you?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#31283 Jan 27, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
Yes, Thomas Friedman, in his 2009 book, "Hot, Flat, and Crowded", fantasized about how quickly we could solve the problem if the US were to become "China for a day".
Ain't gonna happen.
Democracy and freedom will always do better than communism in the long run, but it takes cooperation and bipartisanship, working together, like this country is supposed to do. That's why I say you, and you Republicunt cohorts in Congress, are traitors to our country and to the world.
History will judge yall as mass murderers, who held up action for a few dollars more.
Thomas Friedman is understands every policy has costs and benefits; why not hold climate change mitigation to similar standard? Instead of death or taxes, why not compromise? I feel your hate and frustration but we can't fix the climate even if we work together.

We've always adapted to climate change, prepared and moved when we must. Climate isn't a summer picnic. Don't panic; man has been emitting CO2 since our beginning; we are carbon, life and conscious observer. Don't buy a pig in a poke.

Carbon sinks or carbon taxes? How many more billions must we spend to mitigate climate change when we could adapt and thrive?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31284 Jan 27, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]I didn't call you a mass murderer, liar or villain. You called me those things; remember?[/QUOTE]

& I only called "lyin' brian" a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#31286 Jan 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't call you a mass murderer, liar or villain. You called me those things; remember? What's the most compelling experiment you've found for climate change mitigation?
You said, "This is why I write gcaveman1 is mistaken; not a mass murderer, liar or villain. "

And I said you don't have a case for calling me any of those. So thanks for not doing something you couldn't do anyway.

I'm so sorry you can't follow the conversation.

Maybe you should do an experiment. You could try poking a pig.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31287 Jan 27, 2014
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
Global warming by definition means the ENTIRE GLOBE is getting WARMER!
When IN FACT the largest emitter of manmade gasses is getting COLDER!!
Al Gore is MAKING BILLIONS and you sheepie are suckers.
And it is.

It's winter, silly goose.

Billions of what?
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#31288 Jan 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> Thomas Friedman is understands every policy has costs and benefits; why not hold climate change mitigation to similar standard? Instead of death or taxes, why not compromise? I feel your hate and frustration but we can't fix the climate even if we work together.
We've always adapted to climate change, prepared and moved when we must. Climate isn't a summer picnic. Don't panic; man has been emitting CO2 since our beginning; we are carbon, life and conscious observer. Don't buy a pig in a poke.
Carbon sinks or carbon taxes? How many more billions must we spend to mitigate climate change when we could adapt and thrive?
How much do you think it will cost to move New York City?

Miami?

New Orleans?

Norfolk?

How will you adapt to not having Kansas corn? How about Vermont apples?

You are right, we've always adapted or moved due to climate change.

WHEN WE WORE SKINS AND KILLED WITH SPEARS!
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#31289 Jan 27, 2014
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore is MAKING BILLIONS and you sheepie are suckers.
GLOBAL WARMING, DEFINITION: Increase in the global AVERAGE surface temperature resulting from enhancement of the greenhouse effect, primarily by air pollution.

Alaska and California are experiencing higher than AVERAGE temperatures now.

By the way, you've been GORED!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31290 Jan 27, 2014
Gee.. Mr Caveman,

It's a brilliant post.

hahahaha

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31291 Jan 27, 2014
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The entire global surface (air, water and land) is getting ON AVERAGE over each decade is getting warmer. That is why they call it global warming.
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what specific region you are cherry picking, China? the US? In any regard, you are in error for two reasons. Each decade has gotten warmer pretty much everywhere, and you cannot compare apples (global) with oranges(some selected region)
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore is MAKING BILLIONS
Al Gores net worth is only 200 million, so that is obviously false
Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
and you sheepie are suckers.
Again false. There may be some suckers here that swallow your crap without thought but they are few and far between.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#31292 Jan 28, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
How much do you think it will cost to move New York City? Miami? New Orleans? Norfolk? How will you adapt to not having Kansas corn? How about Vermont apples? You are right, we've always adapted or moved due to climate change. WHEN WE WORE SKINS AND KILLED WITH SPEARS!
I don't live in those cities, it wont cost me a cent. Farmers will find other crops to grow; there's more crops each year; evidence against a catastrophic man made climate disaster. Synthetic textiles and guns don't mean we can mitigate climate change; we must still adapt or die. That's life.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#31293 Jan 28, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no information, just a longing for the good old days and a deep fear of the new.
I not only have all kinds of "information" but I have HISTORY of our Earth and it's climate changes over time on my side. You have the word of scientist that have admitted to removing information from a report that disagreed with the story they wanted told and the word of a guy that is just one of several getting filthy rich of you believing them. I will continue to accept the side of history and facts rather than the word of profiteers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31294 Jan 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't live in those cities, it wont cost me a cent.
You don't care for urban dwellers. Fine. But you are really stupid if you think it won't cost you.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Farmers will find other crops to grow.
You don't care for rural farmers. Fine. But the ability to adapt new crops is finite. There is no evidence that the 4C warmer AGW world will be able to support anywhere near our current population. You may not care for the farmers that go bankrupt but you WILL care when the price of food skyrockets.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>there's more crops each year.
Somewhat. But we have a very limited area to farm and not much room to expand it further. Unless we crop bio-fuels in the desert. But while increasing the nominal farmland, that wouldn't increase our actual food output. And many crops are already showing the stress of too much heat (rice for example loses about 5% yield per degree of warming). Denialists whine about using food for fuel (corn) then say there is unlimited production? You don't mind being hypocrites, do you?
Brian_G wrote:
evidence against a catastrophic man made climate disaster.
Food *prices* go up every year. Evidence against a catastrophic man made climate disaster.

Actually both statements are non-sequiturs. I just wanted to show you how absurd you are..
Brian_G wrote:
Synthetic textiles and guns don't mean we can mitigate climate change; we must still adapt or die. That's life.
And the current estimate is that by 2100 (with 4C or more of warming) about 85% of the worlds population will die off, leaving a billion or so 'survivors'. You won't be one of them but your attitude of 'I don't care about.. <anyone> leaves me cold. And those guns WILL count. When the fighting over resources heats up. Most wars are fought over resources and access to them. How can the future be different? Not by ignorance and indifference like yours.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31295 Jan 28, 2014
Correction to my post..

<non-sequitur>Food *prices* go up every year. Evidence *for* a catastrophic man made climate disaster. </non-sequitur>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31296 Jan 28, 2014
independent common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I will continue to accept the side of history and facts rather than the word of profiteers.
The 'profiteers' are the oil and coal companies, with the public 'over a barrel' and able to charge five prices for their product (except where AGW driven alternatives cut the demand).

As to history (paleoclimatology) it is on the side of the scientists who provide the facts you disdain.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#31297 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
I not only have all kinds of "information" but I have HISTORY of our Earth and it's climate changes over time on my side. You have the word of scientist that have admitted to removing information from a report that disagreed with the story they wanted told and the word of a guy that is just one of several getting filthy rich of you believing them. I will continue to accept the side of history and facts rather than the word of profiteers.
You only have the word of Limballs and Inhofe. I'll stick with the scientists. They know what they are talking about.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#31298 Jan 28, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You only have the word of Limballs and Inhofe. I'll stick with the scientists. They know what they are talking about.
Your typical reply and excuses and accusations ONLY WORK when the person you are talking to is a Republican that actually listens to "Limballs and Inhofe". I am neither one! And there are just as many scientist that disagree with the profiteer Gore, they just don't tend to cover their side and their evidence on your LSM and progressive liberal sites. When you only listen to and read that which backs up what you believe anyway.....you are not exactly being educated....you are being led. Don't worry, there really are a lot of people out there just like you that prefer to not do the work to educate themselves or actually think for themselves....after all, it is work and some people prefer the easy way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31299 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>To another poster:

Your typical reply and excuses and accusations ONLY WORK when the person you are talking to is a Republican that actually listens to "Limballs and Inhofe". I am neither one! And there are just as many scientist that disagree with the profiteer Gore, they just don't tend to cover their side and their evidence on your LSM and progressive liberal sites. When you only listen to and read that which backs up what you believe anyway.....you are not exactly being educated....you are being led. Don't worry, there really are a lot of people out there just like you that prefer to not do the work to educate themselves or actually think for themselves....after all, it is work and some people prefer the easy way.
If you are independent, why then do you express denier language? Because you are racist.

You tarnish common sense because you have none. LOL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#31300 Jan 28, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>If you are independent, why then do you express denier language? Because you are racist.
You tarnish common sense because you have none. LOL.
What are you talking about? Racist? What the hell has race got to do with global warming? I can't wait to hear this one!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#31303 Jan 28, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
... Denialists whine about using food for fuel (corn) then say there is unlimited production? You don't mind being hypocrites, do you?....
I never said anything about "unlimited production" or anything so absurd. I noted food production trends toward increase and that increase is evidence we aren't facing a man made climate catastrophe. In a climate catastrophe, I anticipate less food production, starvation and death; that's not what we're seeing now.

That doesn't mean burning corn for fuel is good; its not!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#31304 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Racist? What the hell has race got to do with global warming? I can't wait to hear this one!
It's really pretty basic. These alarmists are, as you say, led by a leftist media and liberal democrats who have an agenda which has nothing at all to do with climate. If you question or dispute their lunacy...they immediately label you as a racist or republican or whatever since youre not in lock step with their ideology. Their religion is global warming. Their bible is the Alinsky handbook.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 1 hr American_Sons 18
Mall of America Protest 7 hr Go Blue Forever 34
Close, but no cigars -- or: A funny thing happe... 9 hr Medewiwin 8
Merry Christmas to all... 18 hr cantmakeitup 1
The New York City Mayor Wed Bobert Ne Nero 7
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! Wed CNN Reporter 21
Important Study on Women Wed Sunshine 1
Robbinsdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web