Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35850 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#31298 Jan 28, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You only have the word of Limballs and Inhofe. I'll stick with the scientists. They know what they are talking about.
Your typical reply and excuses and accusations ONLY WORK when the person you are talking to is a Republican that actually listens to "Limballs and Inhofe". I am neither one! And there are just as many scientist that disagree with the profiteer Gore, they just don't tend to cover their side and their evidence on your LSM and progressive liberal sites. When you only listen to and read that which backs up what you believe anyway.....you are not exactly being educated....you are being led. Don't worry, there really are a lot of people out there just like you that prefer to not do the work to educate themselves or actually think for themselves....after all, it is work and some people prefer the easy way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

United States

#31299 Jan 28, 2014
independent common sense wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

Your typical reply and excuses and accusations ONLY WORK when the person you are talking to is a Republican that actually listens to "Limballs and Inhofe". I am neither one! And there are just as many scientist that disagree with the profiteer Gore, they just don't tend to cover their side and their evidence on your LSM and progressive liberal sites. When you only listen to and read that which backs up what you believe anyway.....you are not exactly being educated....you are being led. Don't worry, there really are a lot of people out there just like you that prefer to not do the work to educate themselves or actually think for themselves....after all, it is work and some people prefer the easy way.
If you are independent, why then do you express denier language? Because you are racist.

You tarnish common sense because you have none. LOL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#31300 Jan 28, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>If you are independent, why then do you express denier language? Because you are racist.
You tarnish common sense because you have none. LOL.
What are you talking about? Racist? What the hell has race got to do with global warming? I can't wait to hear this one!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31303 Jan 28, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
... Denialists whine about using food for fuel (corn) then say there is unlimited production? You don't mind being hypocrites, do you?....
I never said anything about "unlimited production" or anything so absurd. I noted food production trends toward increase and that increase is evidence we aren't facing a man made climate catastrophe. In a climate catastrophe, I anticipate less food production, starvation and death; that's not what we're seeing now.

That doesn't mean burning corn for fuel is good; its not!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#31304 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Racist? What the hell has race got to do with global warming? I can't wait to hear this one!
It's really pretty basic. These alarmists are, as you say, led by a leftist media and liberal democrats who have an agenda which has nothing at all to do with climate. If you question or dispute their lunacy...they immediately label you as a racist or republican or whatever since youre not in lock step with their ideology. Their religion is global warming. Their bible is the Alinsky handbook.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#31306 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
If I understand you, you believe that the great science academies throughout the world are liberal. Well, I suppose they are, according to many who have such limited horizons. BTW, my sources are not Al Gore, although he has presented opinions of many of the respected climate scientists.

You need to break away from the medieval philosophy of the radeical conservatives and join in the modern world of pragmatic progressiveness.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31310 Jan 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't live in those cities, it wont cost me a cent. Farmers will find other crops to grow; there's more crops each year; evidence against a catastrophic man made climate disaster. Synthetic textiles and guns don't mean we can mitigate climate change; we must still adapt or die. That's life.
We already knew that you didn't give a damn about anybody but yourself; no need to brag about your inhumanity.

So you can live without apples and corn and all their byproducts? Your fellow deniers here always berate us for "wanting to return to the Stone Age". Seems you don't have a problem with that. Present-day apples and corn are inventions of present-day Man, based on a design by Nature. Say goodbye to half your Thanksgiving dinner.

How will you do if cocoa, coffee, hops, barley, tomatoes, cabbage, or almonds get too expensive or disappear altogether? You have substitutes? What other crops?

Synthetic textiles? What, made with petroleum? Guns? Have you completed your bunker yet? Is that how you will adapt?

Let me be nice and do you a favor. Tell us where you live so I can give you some tips on adaptation. You still in the mountains of Germany? Near Hitler's vacation home? How's the skiing? Or are you back in the States, the land that you hate?

We already knew that you didn't give a damn about anybody but yourself; so there's no need to flaunt your assholiness.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

United States

#31312 Jan 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>It's really pretty basic. These alarmists are, as you say, led by a leftist media and liberal democrats who have an agenda which has nothing at all to do with climate. If you question or dispute their lunacy...they immediately label you as a racist or republican or whatever since youre not in lock step with their ideology. Their religion is global warming. Their bible is the Alinsky handbook.
BWAAAAAAAHAHAHA

Basic like replying to your own sock puppet? How special of you!!!!

LOL.

P.S. Tell your people you are all WRONG!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31313 Jan 28, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Gee.. Mr Caveman,
It's a brilliant post.
hahahaha
Which one? I write so many..........;)
SpaceBlues

United States

#31314 Jan 28, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? I write so many..........;)
#31286..:)

True. You had posted two more by the time mine showed up. Topix did some rearranging..

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#31315 Jan 28, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The entire global surface (air, water and land) is getting ON AVERAGE over each decade is getting warmer. That is why they call it global warming.
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what specific region you are cherry picking, China? the US? In any regard, you are in error for two reasons. Each decade has gotten warmer pretty much everywhere, and you cannot compare apples (global) with oranges(some selected region)
<quoted text>
Al Gores net worth is only 200 million, so that is obviously false
<quoted text>
Again false. There may be some suckers here that swallow your crap without thought but they are few and far between.
Boy, that globull warming is taking a toll on the south:

The Big Icy: Deep freeze stretches down to Gulf Coast - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2014/01/27/us/winter-weather/& ;... ;
CNN
22 hours ago -(CNN)-- The Deep South will be plunged into a deep freeze again this week, this time with ice and snow expected to fall all the way to the Gulf .

“you know i know”

denver

#31316 Jan 28, 2014
Deep Freeze Recap: Coldest Temperatures of the Century for Some ...

www.weather.com/.../coldest-arctic-ou...&... ;
The Weather Channel
by Nick Wiltgen - in 66 Google+ circles
Jan 10, 2014 - Now that the January 2014 deep freeze is abating, it's time to take stock ... York and as far south as northern Oklahoma and northern Alabama.

Warming? I think not.

“you know i know”

denver

#31317 Jan 28, 2014
BBC Notices No Warming Since 1998 | National Review Online
www.nationalreview.com/planet.../bbc-notices-... ;
National Review
May 20, 2013 - BBC Notices No Warming Since 1998 -... Planet Gore ... Scientists say the recent downturn in the rate of global warming will lead to lower ...

Global warming: Met Office releases revised global temperature ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Global-warming-Met-Of... ;
Daily Mail
Jan 8, 2013 - Global warming has STALLED since 1998: Met Office admits Earth's ... that no further significant increases to the planet's temperature are ...

Libs get fooled agian, go have a nice glass of coconut oil, it's now good for you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31320 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, that globull warming is taking a toll on the south:
The Big Icy: Deep freeze stretches down to Gulf Coast - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2014/01/27/us/winter-weather/& ;... ;
CNN
22 hours ago -(CNN)-- The Deep South will be plunged into a deep freeze again this week, this time with ice and snow expected to fall all the way to the Gulf .
Exactly. While winter is going to continue under AGW, the warming of the north compared to the south has weakened the jet stream and allowed polar chill to move south more often and farther than in the past. This 'climate change' is about the likelihood of such cold waves, not the weather itself which is driven by well known phenomenon (arctic polar vortex breakup). Better get used to it. Climate change is here and without a reduction in AGW, there will be other problems occurring. Some may be surprising....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31321 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Deep Freeze Recap: Coldest Temperatures of the Century for Some ...
Warming? I think not.
Global warming, not universally warm. Or rather, climate change DRIVEN by global warming.

Winter and weather variability is going to continue including heat waves and cold snaps. Just more extreme.
harmonious wrote:
Deep Freeze Recap: Warming? I think not.
What you mean is that you don't think. But don't worry. The scientist do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#31322 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
BBC Notices No Warming Since 1998 | National Review Online
www.nationalreview.com/planet.../bbc-notices-... ;
Unlike the journalists, the scientists did notice the warming. It is mostly in the polar regions and the deep oceans. AGW is about the warming of the GLOBAL AVERAGE SURFACE. That includes air, water and land. And all the area, not part of it. The journalists have it wrong.
harmonious wrote:
Global warming: Met Office releases revised global temperature ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Global-warming-Met-Of... ;
Daily Mail
Jan 8, 2013 - Global warming has STALLED since 1998: Met Office admits Earth's ... that no further significant increases to the planet's temperature are ...
Libs get fooled agian, go have a nice glass of coconut oil, it's now good for you.
AIr temperature has not risen as fast as the rest, true. But the global surface is NOT air temperature. And the CRU analysis is being improved by inclusion of more polar stations, a DEFECT that they know in their analysis during strong ENSO cycles. ENSO pushes more or less coolness to the polar regions. Right now, ALASKA's winter ski season is on hold because they are melting!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#31323 Jan 28, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. While winter is going to continue under AGW, the warming of the north compared to the south has weakened the jet stream and allowed polar chill to move south more often and farther than in the past. This 'climate change' is about the likelihood of such cold waves, not the weather itself which is driven by well known phenomenon (arctic polar vortex breakup). Better get used to it. Climate change is here and without a reduction in AGW, there will be other problems occurring. Some may be surprising....
I am used to it, I've seen it all of my life, of course before there were no hysterical lunatics making a buck off of it and trying to force behavior on others.

The only thing predictable about the weather/climate is that it's unpredictable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#31324 Jan 28, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the journalists, the scientists did notice the warming. It is mostly in the polar regions and the deep oceans. AGW is about the warming of the GLOBAL AVERAGE SURFACE. That includes air, water and land. And all the area, not part of it. The journalists have it wrong.
<quoted text>
AIr temperature has not risen as fast as the rest, true. But the global surface is NOT air temperature. And the CRU analysis is being improved by inclusion of more polar stations, a DEFECT that they know in their analysis during strong ENSO cycles. ENSO pushes more or less coolness to the polar regions. Right now, ALASKA's winter ski season is on hold because they are melting!!
The convenient thing about the AGW theory is that it can be used to explain anything and everything. I find that a little too convenient. Don't you?

Excessive heat, AGW, excessive cold,AGW.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#31325 Jan 28, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Global warming, not universally warm. Or rather, climate change DRIVEN by global warming.
Winter and weather variability is going to continue including heat waves and cold snaps. Just more extreme.
<quoted text>
I observe, the AGW hysterics theorize and change positions to suit their needs. Has the planet been warming since the last ice age? Was AGW around during the little ice age of the 17th century? Was it around during the dark ages? Those were climate anomalies as well as what we're seeing now, weren't they?

Our pitifully short observations in millions of years of weather situations is meaningless IMO.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#31326 Jan 28, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Most of the dire predictions of the hysterics like Fat Al have not materialized, have they? The oceans haven't risen even noticeably, have they?

Most of the northern hemisphere could use some warming, couldn't it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CNN = Fake News 2 hr Trump worst presi... 27
Holiday Jan 16 3 hr Jan20 9
Moonman 20 hr Davycrockett 2
Wikileaks: dossier "bogus" 22 hr tree hugging hippie 26
Deleted posts Sat Merry Moosmas 3
John Lewis is NOT a civil rights hero! He's a c... Sat Space ace 4
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Jan 20 Mutant-cucumber 692

Robbinsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance