Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 34468 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Sunny

Longview, WA

#30048 Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30049 Oct 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no comparison there. Obama is not intimidating his moderates or leading the extremists. You flunk..
<quoted text>
I was a little young at the time, being born after the war.
And my reading doesn't support your claim.
I suppose you are talking about the 'night of the long knives'??
http://tinyurl.com/cn8c5
But that came a year AFTER Hitler had total power. It is a truism that totalitarians with fixed ideologies have to kill off all opposition to their rule. They cannot abide any objections to their plans and have to keep suppressing any dissent, by any means.They mean so well and do so badly. Expect it if Boehner succeeds in gaining power by this coup.
http://tinyurl.com/7n2axmq
<quoted text>
Yes. LEGITIMATE comparisons or use of history does not invoke Godwins Law.
He's confused the St. Valentine's day massacre with the Munich putsch, in which I think a few were killed but Hitler was thrown in jail, where he proceeded to write "Mein Kampf.

He didn't pay attention in History class either.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30050 Oct 11, 2013
He (Sunny) didn't pay attention in Science or History class either.

Sunny, in spite of his name, may not be too bright.

You're right, though. It's more likely he heard of the Night of the Long Knives than the Munich rebellion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30051 Oct 11, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's confused the St. Valentine's day massacre with the Munich putsch, in which I think a few were killed but Hitler was thrown in jail, where he proceeded to write "Mein Kampf.
His statement was "After all Hitler did close the doors on the German congress an had them all gunned down remember" which doesn't match up with ANY real event that I am aware of.
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't pay attention in History class either.
I'm sure he didn't pay attention in any class. To remain that ignorant takes either native talent or an early end to education. Or maybe both.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#30052 Oct 11, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're thinking of the St. Valentine's Day massacre.
Try again. Use facts next time.
That's what non disciples of AGW are waiting for, son. Facts!!!

What do you have?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#30053 Oct 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
The second characteristic of denialists is that they keep parroting the same stupid and invalid claims even after being debunked.
such as????

how about you religious freaks debunking observations?

oh, right, facts are what you say you claim, right?

EPA is shitting on renewabales, btw......just in case you missed it.

D6 RIN down from 1.46 to 29 cents in three months.

I know....you don't even know what the hell is going on....let alone know what I'm talking about.

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#30054 Oct 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything. You have a VERY short attention span.
http://tinyurl.com/mz64rsf
"The results of this analysis indicate that observed temperature after 1998 is consistent with the current understanding of the relationship among global surface temperature, internal variability, and radiative forcing, which includes anthropogenic factors that have well known warming and cooling effects."
i'd like for you to quant that claim, son.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#30055 Oct 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a very good illustration of how Hitler was able to gain power in Germany. The public thought that the 'democratic process' would restrain him, but he was able to get radicals into too many positions of power and the moderates were too afraid of them to speak up. So the radicals became the FACE of Germany. The public was NOT so radicalized but had nobody to give them a voice.
And there are other similarities between John Boehner and Hitler.. Both had no scruples, a fixed belief in an ideology and a 'wedge issue' to exploit. In the US it is the working poor while in Germany it was the Jews.
Note: Godwins Law is not applicable because there are serious comparisons.
LOL....it's no wonder why you people come up with the conclusions you do!! Do political parties drive your gray matter that much???? really??

LOL

tell us more.....we really want to be entertained by your illogical idiocy, son!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#30056 Oct 11, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dinosaurs were cold-blooded."
Never became a myth with any scientist I am aware of. The size of some dinosaurs precluded such a low metabolic rate. However, they weren't warm blooded (homeostatic temperature) either. Kind of midway, generating some heat internally.
"Vast increases in the money supply produce inflation."
If unaccompanied by vast increases in the GDP, sure.
"Increased K-12 spending and lower pupil/teacher ratios boosts public school student outcomes. "
Limited validity. Generally it is a weak correlation often cited to boost budgets. But mostly it is the quality of the teachers and the design of the curriculum.
"Most of the DNA in the human genome is junk."
"One mans junk is another mans treasure.". This was a former 'meme' but never a 'myth' at least to anyone I know. Even 'active' DNA is moderated by methylization to turn it on and off. How can you be sure what can be turned ON?
"Saccharin causes cancer and a high fiber diet prevents it."
High fiber is definitely good for you and reduces risk of colon cancer. It was never claimed it prevented any cancer.
On Saccharin in 2000, scientists learned that rodents, unlike humans, have a unique combination of high pH, high calcium phosphate, and high protein levels in their urine. One or more of the proteins that are more prevalent in male rats combine with calcium phosphate and saccharin to produce microcrystals that damage the lining of the bladder. Over time, the rat's bladder responds to this damage by over-producing cells to repair the damage, which leads to tumor formation. Since this does not occur in humans, there is (probably) no elevated risk of bladder cancer.
"Stars cannot be bigger than 150 solar masses."
What it really said was that stars above 150 solar masses 'cannot form' from the dust and gasses. "A study have determined that stars larger than 150 solar masses in R136 were created through the collision and merger of massive stars in close binary systems, providing a way to sidestep the 150 solar mass limit."
The misreading skills of diwmits is what leads to these errors of fact within the PUBLIC community.
ok...ok....you love pot, right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#30058 Oct 12, 2013
Sunny wrote:
http://www.omg-facts.com/top
The only reason I see for you posting this is an insanely lame attempt to justify your BS claims. Are we supposed to read a list of ideas that were replaced by better ones when better evidence was found and conclude that any dumbass mistake you've made is destined to become "fact"?

Holy crap, you are the poster boy for anti-science, anti-reality RW jittery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#30059 Oct 12, 2013
Sunny wrote:
http://www.omg-facts.com/top
Now you're just shouting "look over there!" to distract from errors to which you're incapable of admitting - which is universal denier behavior.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30060 Oct 12, 2013
When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.

Chinese proverb

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cut n Paste

Minneapolis, MN

#30061 Oct 12, 2013
"Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say
Full story: TwinCities.com
Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30062 Oct 12, 2013
Thomas Friedman understands petro-politics:

For the last 50 years, America (and Europe and Asia) have treated the Middle East as if it were just a collection of big gas stations: Saudi station, Iran station, Kuwait station, Bahrain station, Egypt station, Libya station, Iraq station, United Arab Emirates station, etc. Our message to the region has been very consistent:“Guys (it was only guys we spoke with), here’s the deal. Keep your pumps open, your oil prices low, don’t bother the Israelis too much and, as far as we’re concerned, you can do whatever you want out back. You can deprive your people of whatever civil rights you like. You can engage in however much corruption you like. You can preach whatever intolerance from your mosques that you like. You can print whatever conspiracy theories about us in your newspapers that you like. You can keep your women as illiterate as you like. You can create whatever vast welfare-state economies, without any innovative capacity, that you like. You can undereducate your youth as much as you like. Just keep your pumps open, your oil prices low, don’t hassle the Jews too much — and you can do whatever you want out back.”

Freedom and democracy are strong when oil is down; repression and totalitarianism are up whenever the price of oil is up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Brad

Marlborough, CT

#30063 Oct 12, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Thomas Friedman understands petro-politics:
For the last 50 years, America (and Europe and Asia) have treated the Middle East as if it were just a collection of big gas stations: Saudi station, Iran station, Kuwait station, Bahrain station, Egypt station, Libya station, Iraq station, United Arab Emirates station, etc. Our message to the region has been very consistent:“Guys (it was only guys we spoke with), here’s the deal. Keep your pumps open, your oil prices low, don’t bother the Israelis too much and, as far as we’re concerned, you can do whatever you want out back. You can deprive your people of whatever civil rights you like. You can engage in however much corruption you like. You can preach whatever intolerance from your mosques that you like. You can print whatever conspiracy theories about us in your newspapers that you like. You can keep your women as illiterate as you like. You can create whatever vast welfare-state economies, without any innovative capacity, that you like. You can undereducate your youth as much as you like. Just keep your pumps open, your oil prices low, don’t hassle the Jews too much — and you can do whatever you want out back.”
Freedom and democracy are strong when oil is down; repression and totalitarianism are up whenever the price of oil is up.
Would the middle east be more civil if nobody bought their oil?
They act exactly the way they did a thousand years ago.
Typical moonbat,blame,blame blame.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30064 Oct 12, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Would the middle east be more civil if nobody bought their oil?
They act exactly the way they did a thousand years ago.
Typical moonbat,blame,blame blame.
Your thinking Friedman is a moonbat only supports the idea that you must be one.

The subject is the present, not 10 centuries back.

You should try reading him before letting your dogma do the thinking for you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30065 Oct 12, 2013
Regardless.. only about sixty years ago Israel was set up on stolen Arab lands.

Regardless.. only about a hundred years ago the first world war was started to divide up the land in the near east and eastern Europe and northern Africa and central Asia.. and south and eastern Asia, etc..

Regardless.. the first peace treaty in human history was signed in the near east..

And the ignorant claim war lies the peace loving people .. welp

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30066 Oct 12, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Regardless.. only about sixty years ago Israel was set up on stolen Arab lands.
That is a bit one sided. The land (47% of Palestine) was granted to them as a homeland for reparations of the Holocaust. Maybe a bit 'post facto' but still legal. The Palestinians backed the wrong horse.

But of course, I cannot defend the naked land grab that has gone on since. They 'took' 78%, exceeding the land grant by a wide margin. They currently 'control' 100% and they continue to expand settlements on 'occupied' territories that violates the Geneva Convention and is totally ILLEGAL in international law. And they continue to violate Palestinian rights with impugnity and some disdain. I value the Jewish friends I have, but the current STATE of Israel is nothing I can approve of.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30067 Oct 12, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bit one sided. The land (47% of Palestine) was granted to them as a homeland for reparations of the Holocaust. Maybe a bit 'post facto' but still legal. The Palestinians backed the wrong horse.
But of course, I cannot defend the naked land grab that has gone on since. They 'took' 78%, exceeding the land grant by a wide margin. They currently 'control' 100% and they continue to expand settlements on 'occupied' territories that violates the Geneva Convention and is totally ILLEGAL in international law. And they continue to violate Palestinian rights with impugnity and some disdain. I value the Jewish friends I have, but the current STATE of Israel is nothing I can approve of.
Yep.. there are 1000+ shades of grey in this case.

Canada et al had plenty of empty land to give up to the survivors. It is a very shockig situation ..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30068 Oct 12, 2013
shocking..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fast food-style Middle Eastern lands in downtow... 16 min Sangelia 1
Amazing 4 blacks IDed on race 2 hr Tellitlikeitis 31
Ben Carson: #BlackLivesMatter misfire 3 hr Sanders for POTUS 25
Trump Mobile, AL Rally Outstanding 4 hr Tellitlikeitis Sux 5
clinton probe extends to key aides 4 hr Tellitlikeitis Sux 42
Allina Hospitals Cancel French Fries 8 hr Greasey 24
Dr. Walter James Palmer 12 hr Planned Parenthoo... 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages