Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 1,203)

Showing posts 24,041 - 24,060 of29,905
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Green energy is like living in the shade of a solar panel, with a wind turbine spinning on your hat. If climate change mitigation wasn't a hoax, there'd be experimental examples of it, or any man made global climate change.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Green energy is like living in the shade of a solar panel, with a wind turbine spinning on your hat. If climate change mitigation wasn't a hoax, there'd be experimental examples of it, or any man made global climate change.
Apparently, you're now just posting meaningless bafflegab because you have to post something to get your paycheck.

I'll ask again - so that you can be seen to dishonestly dodge again - how do you square these two facts:

1) You oppose - rabidly - all attempts to mitigate climate change.

2) You're only argument, repeated like an autistic parrot, is that we need to mitigate climate change to show that it's feasible.

Make it good, you effin' retard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
Apparently, you're now just posting meaningless bafflegab because you have to post something to get your paycheck.
I post what I see; wind turbines spinning beyond the road going nowhere. That's progress?

I like generators kept indoors; I'm old fashioned.

Kyle wrote:
I'll ask again - so that you can be seen to dishonestly dodge again - how do you square these two facts:
Let's see if these 'facts' bear any resemblance to reality...

Kyle wrote:
1) You oppose - rabidly - all attempts to mitigate climate change.
Not even close, I support rabidly, any experiment to mitigate climate change, to see if the concept is feasible. You may mitigate climate to your heart's desire; please write up the results.

I don't consent to participate in Kyle's experiment. I hope he doesn't want 100% compliance, otherwise he's already failed.

Kyle wrote:
2) You're only argument, repeated like an autistic parrot, is that we need to mitigate climate change to show that it's feasible.
We need an experimental test to show if it's even possible for an experimental extraction or addition of CO2 or any other greenhouse gas, will cause a climate change. We don't necessarily need to mitigate climate change, it would suffice to change global climate in any in any measurable and reproducible way. Like a test.

Kyle wrote:
Make it good, you effin' retard.
I don't use profanity, and I don't insult my political opponents; this is where we differ. I don't believe Kyle's climate change mitigation ideas are good, but I wouldn't announce my opinion of his intellectual capacity. I'm against conservation as public and government policy; I want a society that encourages the production and use of energy and goods such as fuel. Again, this is where we differ.

I like prosperity, that means energy, fuel and productivity. I get a paycheck for doing my job; I post here for fun.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Definition =Bush "Library"=

10K copies of My Little Goat & lots of empty chairs/heads...
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I post what I see; wind turbines spinning beyond the road going nowhere. That's progress?
I like generators kept indoors; I'm old fashioned.
Lying again. If you like your generator inside, even you would succumb to the carbon monoxide. That's that lovely carbon byproduct you cherish so much.

Hey, brainless, swallow this:

General Motors called on Barack Obama and Congress to work together on climate change, saying the effort would be good for business.

GM, which makes the plug-in Chevy Volt, was the first of the big three car makers to sign on to a new push from the business world for greater action on global warming from Washington, the Climate Declaration.

Aside from GM, the effort was endorsed by household names such as Starbucks, Intel, and eBay, as well as a number of outdoor clothing manufacturers.

Before signing on to the Climate Declaration, GM had been pressing the Obama administration to adopt a national energy policy, promoting natural gas and renewables.

GM has also been working for energy-savings on its manufacturing line,. The company said it now operated two of the world's biggest solar power arrays.

-The Guardian

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Government Motors is playing crony politics to get more taxpayer bailouts.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Brain Gone has fewer facts in his "reality", than he demands from actual reality... GO FIGURE ! LMAOROFU~!!

Poor little hippo-crite.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Callendar couldn't foresee just how much fossil fuels we would be burning over the next 75 years and what kind of negative effects we could produce with this gigantic chemical experiment with our planet's atmosphere by pumping billions of tons of carbon into it.

Carbob bubble? Money wasted?

"Two-thirds of a trillion" dollars were spent last year alone in fossil-fuels exploration when only a quarter of the known reserves can be burned in any conceivable future.

Plus nature's destruction and exploration accidents.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

'Today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a very good editorial on oil reserves and climate change. With new recovery techniques, "recoverable" reserves are up. Back when the planet seemed infinite that woulda, shoulda coulda been very good news. But on the planet we actually have--finite and getting hotter--it's definitely bad news. We are going to have to learn to say "no" to fossil fuels. And humans, particularly Americans, have never been very good at cutting themselves off from doing something they really, really want to do.' in the last 150 years or so, as man started burning fossil fuels in earnest, atmospheric CO2 has risen by a third. If it hits 450 parts per million, the earth’s mean average temperature could rise by 2 degrees Celsius. At that point, climate catastrophe will be well under way. The polar ice caps will be all but gone, so will many coastal areas. Deserts will spread.

“I wish it weren’t true, but it looks like the world is going to blow through the 400-ppm level without losing a beat,” geochemist Ralph Keeling of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography said in a statement Monday.“At this pace we’ll hit 450-ppm within a few decades.” Check this out: http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/columns/...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Carbon bubble?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

I'm rooting on reaching 500ppm by 2050! CO2 is vital for life.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian G, "I'm rooting on reaching 500ppm by 2050! CO2 is vital for life. " Brian _G must be Michelle Bachmann in drag. "(6) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT CARBON DIOXIDE IS ‘HARMLESS’: In 2008, a Stanford scientist revealed “direct links” between increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and “increases in human mortality”— globally, he found that as many as “20,000 air-pollution-related deaths per year per degree Celsius may be due to this greenhouse gas.” The next year, Bachmann, who is not a scientist, said that “carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.”Check this out: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/16/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Many more die from cold.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Brain Gone has fewer facts in his "reality", than he demands from actual reality... GO FIGURE ! LMAOROFU~!!
Poor little hippo-crite.
litesong

Monroe, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Many more die from cold.[/QUOTE]

As continuously as we don't take care of the Earth, we don't take care of the poor, either.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

'The online comments on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's editorial, and the comments posted in response to this Andrew Freedman article, make me wonder: why are so many American so cocksure in their stupidity and ignorance? And that reminded me of another, older question: Why do the heathen rage?

Let's have a deist paraphrase of Psalm 2 from the Christian Bible, KJV:

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the great work of God, which is the planet, and against its ways, saying,

3 Let us break its bands asunder, and cast away its limits from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall He speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

The deal with climate change is that it doesn't care if you believe in it or not. It's real and it's here, and pathetic denial won't change that one bit.' "The last time there was this much carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Earth's atmosphere, modern humans didn't exist." http://www.climatecentral.org/news/the-last-t...

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

what will co2 reductions do for climate change? has their been a test for that?
litesong

Monroe, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

middleofthedownwronggully wrote:
..... has their been a test for that?
"middleofthedownwronggull y", alias 'lyin' brian'........
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Many more die from cold.
You're sounding more and more like the rearguard. You're even calling in reinforcements.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"middleofthedownwronggull y", alias 'lyin' brian'........
you could've just answered the question.....but i suppose your blind faith doesn't have a response.
at least an honest one, son.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 24,041 - 24,060 of29,905
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Robbinsdale Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Robbinsdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance