Bill Maher: If Pope Benedict can quit, you can too

Posted in the Robbinsdale Forum

redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 17, 2013
He be Wright.

Bill Maher: If Pope Benedict can quit, you can quit the Catholic Church, too

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/16/bill-maher-...

In his closing monologue on Friday night’s “Real Time,” Bill Maher marked the occasion of Pope Benedict’s resignation to do what he does best: rail against organized religion, particularly the Catholic Church.

“And finally — new rule: Hey Catholics, newsflash — if the Pope can quit, it’s OK for you to quit, too,” Maher said.“As you all know, this week Pope Benedict told Vatican radio — you know Vatican radio, playing the hits from the 8th century, the 9th century and today — Benedict told them he was going to resign because the church needs a fresh young face somewhere other than a priest’s lap.”

According Maher, Catholics that adhere to actual Catholic Church doctrine are declining in number.

“[I]f you’re Catholic and you don’t follow anything the Church says, what are you staying for, the stained glass windows?” he said.“It’s OK to let go. No one can fault you for losing faith in an organization that won’t even allow women as priests, because, the reasoning goes, Jesus didn’t have any female apostles. Yeah, you remember The Last Supper, a total sausage party. The fact is that any enterprise that excludes women almost always descends into sexual deviancy, at least at my bathhouse. Whether it’s the Boy Scouts, the Penn State locker room, or on Wall Street, sooner or later a bunch of innocent folks get fucked.”

“This church needs a woman pope,” Maher continued.“Hillary Clinton just finished up her stint as secretary of state. Oh yeah, maybe Pope Hillary could clean up the church. If there’s anyone who knows how to handle a guy who can’t keep his hands to himself, it’s her.… Plus, she’s practiced at hearing confessions, and, of course, she’s celibate.”
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 17, 2013
redeemer wrote:
He be Wright.
Bill Maher: If Pope Benedict can quit, you can quit the Catholic Church, too
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/16/bill-maher-...
In his closing monologue on Friday night’s “Real Time,” Bill Maher marked the occasion of Pope Benedict’s resignation to do what he does best: rail against organized religion, particularly the Catholic Church.
“And finally — new rule: Hey Catholics, newsflash — if the Pope can quit, it’s OK for you to quit, too,” Maher said.“As you all know, this week Pope Benedict told Vatican radio — you know Vatican radio, playing the hits from the 8th century, the 9th century and today — Benedict told them he was going to resign because the church needs a fresh young face somewhere other than a priest’s lap.”
According Maher, Catholics that adhere to actual Catholic Church doctrine are declining in number.
“[I]f you’re Catholic and you don’t follow anything the Church says, what are you staying for, the stained glass windows?” he said.“It’s OK to let go. No one can fault you for losing faith in an organization that won’t even allow women as priests, because, the reasoning goes, Jesus didn’t have any female apostles. Yeah, you remember The Last Supper, a total sausage party. The fact is that any enterprise that excludes women almost always descends into sexual deviancy, at least at my bathhouse. Whether it’s the Boy Scouts, the Penn State locker room, or on Wall Street, sooner or later a bunch of innocent folks get fucked.”
“This church needs a woman pope,” Maher continued.“Hillary Clinton just finished up her stint as secretary of state. Oh yeah, maybe Pope Hillary could clean up the church. If there’s anyone who knows how to handle a guy who can’t keep his hands to himself, it’s her.… Plus, she’s practiced at hearing confessions, and, of course, she’s celibate.”
Phony redeemer if you care so much for the Pope and the Church then how come you're Church? also Bill Mahner can say what he want too he's rich,smart,funny and white,unlike a ignorant low life foot dragging scum of the earth,secondly you're a sloppy miserable coward who to much of a beetch to be a man and stand on your own writing,why robb me of my work and name,you could never ever be me,you have no soul or charactor of any value,you live like a rat in darkness and fear,what do you fear my son I am with you us walk down the path in the vast wilderness,fear no evil it's a deception Beetch and you are a prime example.
redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 17, 2013
redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>Phony redeemer if you care so much for the Pope and the Church then how come you're Church? also Bill Mahner can say what he want too he's rich,smart,funny and white,unlike a ignorant low life foot dragging scum of the earth,secondly you're a sloppy miserable coward who to much of a beetch to be a man and stand on your own writing,why robb me of my work and name,you could never ever be me,you have no soul or charactor of any value,you live like a rat in darkness and fear,what do you fear my son I am with you us walk down the path in the vast wilderness,fear no evil it's a deception Beetch and you are a prime example.
I like wrighting to myself.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Fortunately, Mr. Maher, it's none of your business.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#5 Feb 17, 2013
It's news, heard of it, twit ???

All you need is old lies, right troll "guy" ?

Forgive my clinging toilet paper boi, he's a loser.... who's willing to go to any lengths, to prevent reality from intruding on his drunken rudeness... LMAOROTFU~!

Guy turns politics into a pissing match, to end up pissing on your own party !!

I LOVE IT !!!!

I LOVE IT !!!!

I LOVE IT !!!!

I LOVE IT !!!!

I LOVE IT !!!!

Drink more, you'll have more pee, peon...con.... LMAOROTFU~!!!
Bushwhacked

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Feb 17, 2013
Bushwhacked wrote:
It's news, heard of it, twit ???
All you need is old lies, right troll "guy" ?
Forgive my clinging toilet paper boi, he's a loser.... who's willing to go to any lengths, to prevent reality from intruding on his drunken rudeness... LMAOROTFU~!
Guy turns politics into a pissing match, to end up pissing on your own party !!
I LOVE IT !!!!
I LOVE IT !!!!
I LOVE IT !!!!
I LOVE IT !!!!
I LOVE IT !!!!
Drink more, you'll have more pee, peon...con.... LMAOROTFU~!!!
Love is in the air. My gay hubby is the sweetest guy on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 59 min WelbyMD 32,984
Canada at war with islam 8 hr Space ace 1
Obama Owns Ebola 9 hr Obama the best 42
Stop Buying Pharmaceutical Stock Folks 10 hr Obama the best 2
Ebola false flag 11 hr Gladius Machete 14
Denver Somali Girls Try to Join ISIS 13 hr cowboy chris 2
Where do you most obtain your news, particularl... 13 hr Zoey Jaja 1
Robbinsdale Dating
Find my Match

Robbinsdale Jobs