When seconds count - the police are only minutes away

Posted in the Robbinsdale Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#1 Jan 29, 2013
When seconds count - the police are only minutes away

----------

Milwaukee County sheriff: Don't wait for the police; arm yourselves

By Matt Pearce
January 28, 2013, 12:40 p.m.

Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. has a message for residents in his jurisdiction: You can't rely on him anymore. You need to arm yourself.

On Friday, the nominally Democratic sheriff issued a recorded public safety announcement on the radio and on the Web that encouraged residents to take their lives into their own hands.

Here's the full transcript:

"I'm Sheriff David Clarke and I want to talk to you about something personal: your safety. It's no longer a spectator sport; I need you in the game. But are you ready? With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option. You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#2 Jan 29, 2013
I like this sheriff. It's refreshing to have one admit that they are not always able to be where they need to be at the right time.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#3 Jan 29, 2013
With officers laid off and furloughed,...

THE ROMNEY "plan" , right ???

Funny, YOU create the problem, then pretend poorly trained amateurs are better, than highly trained professionals ???

That's ignoring your typical "one case", proves your "reality" BS ~! LMAOROTFU~!

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#4 Jan 29, 2013
From the man who should know:

"You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family."

Cops do NOT ave a duty to protect you. Did you know that?

It is upon you to protect yourself and your family.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#5 Jan 29, 2013
Cops do NOT ave ..?

I like folks who deflect poorly, right dumb*ss ! LMAOROTFU~!

Repeat it again and spin it FASTERRRRRRR ~!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!

With officers laid off and furloughed,...

THE ROMNEY "plan" , right ???

Funny, YOU create the problem, then pretend poorly trained amateurs are better, than highly trained professionals ???

That's ignoring your typical "one case", proves your "reality" BS ~! LMAOROTFU~!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#6 Jan 29, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
From the man who should know:
"You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family."
Cops do NOT ave a duty to protect you. Did you know that?
It is upon you to protect yourself and your family.
A duty, an obligation, and an inalienable right to protect your self and especially, your family.

I can't help but wonder if Slewpid has turned his ill-gotten guns in to the buy back programs in Seattle yet?

http://www.infowars.com/backfire-seattle-gun-...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#7 Jan 29, 2013
You've implied, I have illegal guns and did something wrong, who broke the law, again ?? Me or the gun dealer ?? TAKE A SENILE MOMENT, moron .... LMAOROTU~!

Poor cantgetitup, making lesbians, on every "date night"...
Philo Beddoe

Mesa, AZ

#8 Jan 29, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
From the man who should know:
"You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family."
Cops do NOT ave a duty to protect you. Did you know that?
It is upon you to protect yourself and your family.
You are correct. The only time it is the duty of an LEO to protect someone is when that person is in custody.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#9 Jan 29, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
With officers laid off and furloughed,...
THE ROMNEY "plan" , right ???
Funny, YOU create the problem, then pretend poorly trained amateurs are better, than highly trained professionals ???
That's ignoring your typical "one case", proves your "reality" BS ~! LMAOROTFU~!
So what did Romney have to do with Milwaukee budgets? Maybe ask the Democrats in charge of Milwaukee what they are spending the tax payer money on?

You think that criminals care that the police are understaffed and may take longer to respond?

P.S. Slew seems to thinks that defending yourself and your family is wrong.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Sure, cops don't answer calls of citizens in distress and teabaggers... ALWAYS tell the truth ??? LMAOROTFU~! Really like you hiring illegal workers, the "American hypocrite" !!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
So what did Romney have to do with Milwaukee budgets? Maybe ask the Democrats in charge of Milwaukee what they are spending the tax payer money on?
You think that criminals care that the police are understaffed and may take longer to respond?
P.S. Slew seems to thinks that defending yourself and your family is wrong.
Ps- Nut-so seems to "think" a gun is a perfect tool, that never kills the wrong person.... Oops !?

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#12 Jan 29, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
A duty, an obligation, and an inalienable right to protect your self and especially, your family.
I can't help but wonder if Slewpid has turned his ill-gotten guns in to the buy back programs in Seattle yet?
http://www.infowars.com/backfire-seattle-gun-...
That is sheer genius! It was not illegal, and a win-win for everyone.

Thanks for sharing that one cant.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#13 Jan 29, 2013
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
So what did Romney have to do with Milwaukee budgets? Maybe ask the Democrats in charge of Milwaukee what they are spending the tax payer money on?
You think that criminals care that the police are understaffed and may take longer to respond?
P.S. Slew seems to thinks that defending yourself and your family is wrong.
Slewche thinks that it's OK to be a gun owner but at the same time be against gun ownership and in favor of repealing the second amendment. Slewpid also thinks that killers are not responsible for their actions and that the guns are to blame.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
When seconds count - the police are only minutes away
----------
Milwaukee County sheriff: Don't wait for the police; arm yourselves
By Matt Pearce
January 28, 2013, 12:40 p.m.
Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. has a message for residents in his jurisdiction: You can't rely on him anymore. You need to arm yourself.
On Friday, the nominally Democratic sheriff issued a recorded public safety announcement on the radio and on the Web that encouraged residents to take their lives into their own hands.
Here's the full transcript:
"I'm Sheriff David Clarke and I want to talk to you about something personal: your safety. It's no longer a spectator sport; I need you in the game. But are you ready? With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option. You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. But are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family."
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...
In Minneapolis when budgets get tight the Democratic mayor tries to make sure the people feel it by cutting police and fire (but not dog parks or bike paths). They are hot button, very public issues and he wants to make the people scared for their safety to accept tax increases. It sounds like Milwaukee took a page from MN and decided to cut the police budget. I wonder if he is doing this because he believes more people should arm themselves or to shock the Democrats in charge of Milwaukee into restoring the police budget.
Bridgework

Lincoln, NE

#15 Jan 29, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Ps- Nut-so seems to "think" a gun is a perfect tool, that never kills the wrong person.... Oops !?
So your suggestion is to place yourself at the mercy of the criminal? Let us know how that works for you.

P.S. how many items can you name that has never been used to accidently kill someone?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#16 Jan 29, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Slewche thinks that it's OK to be a gun owner but at the same time be against gun ownership and in favor of repealing the second amendment. Slewpid also thinks that killers are not responsible for their actions and that the guns are to blame.
Cantgetitup, "thinks" writing nonsense, make the "relationship" she has with TrashyLiar, "special", like her old school bus.... LMAOROTFU~! Come on senile guy, who broke the waiting/ID rule, me or the SELLER ~!!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#17 Jan 29, 2013
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
So your suggestion is to place yourself at the mercy of the criminal? Let us know how that works for you.
P.S. how many items can you name that has never been used to accidently kill someone?
SO, spelling accidentally is too tough, after writing FOR ME ???"
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
So your suggestion is to place yourself at the mercy of the criminal? Let us know how that works for you.
P.S. how many items can you name that has never been used to accidently kill someone?
Love you blew "accidentally", since it's the wrong word...

GUNS USED PROPERLY, KILL BY DESIGN, NO ACCIDENT INVOLVED !!!

Since, you don't understand that, you're the problem, putz.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#19 Jan 29, 2013
They are the 2nd Responders, We the People are the first. Amazing how we've all been brainwashed by the term and the media.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#20 Jan 29, 2013
Bridgework wrote:
<quoted text>
In Minneapolis when budgets get tight the Democratic mayor tries to make sure the people feel it by cutting police and fire (but not dog parks or bike paths). They are hot button, very public issues and he wants to make the people scared for their safety to accept tax increases. It sounds like Milwaukee took a page from MN and decided to cut the police budget. I wonder if he is doing this because he believes more people should arm themselves or to shock the Democrats in charge of Milwaukee into restoring the police budget.
Poorly written, punctuated, and showing all your biases... Good "work", for you. Now raise taxes to fund the police and give up your guns...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 10 min kal 33,475
St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... 1 hr Sunshine 2
Mall of America Protest 2 hr cowboy chris 17
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 5 hr American_Sons 14
Black executes 2 COPs 17 hr Sunshine 1
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) Fri LIbEralS 29
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) Fri Martin Scott treptow 84
Robbinsdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Robbinsdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Robbinsdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Robbinsdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:45 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:45AM
Minnesota Vikings vs. Miami Dolphins: Live Miami Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 8:54 AM
Minnesota Vikings vs. Miami Dolphins: Live Score and Analysis for Minnesota
Bleacher Report 9:44 AM
Packers vs. Buccaneers: Live Score and Analysis for Green Bay
NBC Sports11:08 AM
Packers starting to assert themselves vs. Tampa Bay
NBC Sports12:07 PM
Buccaneers make goal-line stand, but Packers later add to lead