State Patrol: Wrong-way driver kills ...

State Patrol: Wrong-way driver kills unborn fetus, injures seven

There are 73 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 6, 2009, titled State Patrol: Wrong-way driver kills unborn fetus, injures seven. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A woman driving the wrong way on an Interstate 94 exit ramp in Minneapolis Saturday slammed into a min-van carrying a family of seven - critically injuring a 10-year-old boy and his mother, who also lost her nearly full-term fetus, the State Patrol said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
citizen joe

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Dec 6, 2009
not only has connie destroyed her life but others are well....connie stroud, you are screwed!
Anoka00453

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 6, 2009
What a sad story! Alcohol and driving don't mix. Why did this woman drink and drive?
DoveGirl

United States

#3 Dec 6, 2009
I bet if you asked the injured mom, she'd say she lost her BABY.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 6, 2009
DoveGirl wrote:
I bet if you asked the injured mom, she'd say she lost her BABY.
I'm sure it would make her feel so much better that you want to argue semantics.
Tammy

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 6, 2009
At 32 weeks gestation a fetus is fully capable of living outside the womb. This was a child according to what the law states.
we see and hear you

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Dec 6, 2009
i saw this accident last night and i use to get off at that stop i'm very sorry for the unborn child as i went passed a said a prayer for whomever was in the crash i pray everyday on this expressway people are going too fast and bartender are not putting the limits on people when they know they are way pass their limit.
Jim

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#9 Dec 6, 2009
Main Entry: fe·tus
Pronunciation:\ˈf ē-təs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin, act of bearing young, offspring; akin to Latin fetus newly delivered, fruitful — more at feminine
Date: 14th century

: an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind; specifically : a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth

Since: Nov 09

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 6, 2009
citizen joe wrote:
not only has connie destroyed her life but others are well....connie stroud, you are screwed!
I wish that were true! Actually, in Minnesota, vehicular homicide is not a serious offense. In the mid-80's, I knew a woman in Annandale that killed 5 girls because she was driving drunk. They never charged her and she continued to drink and drive. In fact, she used to sit in the bar and make jokes about it. It's the easiest way to get away with murder, just have a few drinks....
Hope and Change

Clearwater, MN

#11 Dec 6, 2009
Though we are saddened by this accident, a greater tragedy is the inappropriate preoccupation with the fetus. Imagine the outrage of Sen Al Franken upon hearing that KSTP 5 and FOX 9 newscaster had called a fetus an unborn child.
pill box

Faison, NC

#13 Dec 6, 2009
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it would make her feel so much better that you want to argue semantics.
This was the death of a child, an unborn baby, a human life. The liberal heartless fool that wrote this politically correct--liberal--pro abortion title and article should suffer a loss, maybe then and only then would the cold hearted fool refer to this type of loss as a "child".
Somebody should appologize to this family for such a terrible article!
Hope and Change

Clearwater, MN

#15 Dec 6, 2009
Though we are saddened by this accident, a greater tragedy is the inappropriate preoccupation with the fetus. Imagine the outrage of Sen Al Franken upon hearing that KSTP 5 and FOX 9 newscaster had called a fetus an unborn child. Theterm "unborn child" is highly offensive to the moral authority of the Democratic party and needs to be outlawed.
Rick

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Dec 6, 2009
Mike, please tell me you are joking.
born yet

Brentwood, CA

#18 Dec 6, 2009
the lady was going to "have a fetus"? What kind of stupid talk is that?
Most pregnant women are GOING TO HAVE A BABY!
Every 4 year old knows that.....idiot ignorant Poopineer Press people.....
TC Florida

Apopka, FL

#19 Dec 6, 2009
The use of the term fetus reveals the humanity of the unborn. All of us recognize the tragedy of this loss, why do we act so callously in regards to the humanity of the unborn otherwise? Seems inconsistent.
myob

Brentwood, CA

#20 Dec 6, 2009
Family Planning wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sad that your parents had as many children as they did.
heh......glad you're contracepting yourself out of existence......fill the world with good people, more often from loving LARGE families!! Let the perverts sterilize themselves to death if that's what they choose.....bye bye!

read the onion newspaper for a hilarious story about how Obama is such an inept and moronic bungler that his teleprompter actually controls HIM......

what an idiot that guy is.....who are the microcephalics voting for him? fools.....
Simple observation

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Dec 6, 2009
It is time the irresponsible law makers in this state take driving drunk serious, by putting some teeth in the law and prosecute anyone driving under the influence that causes an accident resulting in the death of an innocent party, then it should be considered a homicide and deemed premeditated murder for which that person should be sentenced to life in prison, no plea bargaining, and if a lawyer insists on a plea bargain, then give that lawyer a cell in the same prison.
Nota Sheep

Lafayette, CA

#23 Dec 6, 2009
I'd still like to know what an unborn fetus is... as opposed to a born fetus?
Logical thinking

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Dec 6, 2009
I do not believe semantics was the fore thought DoveGirl had in mind, what I garner from the statement is the fact the pioneer press is hung up on the word fetus when in reality most all pregnant women would say they are having a baby not a fetus. And if you can not understand that, then you are beyond hope for being able to us any common sense and logical thinking.
Also

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Dec 6, 2009
An equally important issue (besides the drunk driving) is that only the male driver had on his seatbelt. Isn't there a seatbelt law in this state? And a law that states children under a certain age/weight must be strapped in child safety seats?

While the greater burden goes to the wrong way driver, some liability has to go to the other driver and the pregnant passenger--seat belts actually do save lives and might have created a better outcome for the young child and the fetus.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Dec 6, 2009
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>

Liberals are so passive agressive. The newspaper engaged in semantics; its appropriate to comment on the article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pride Weekend Kick-Off Parties 2 hr Joe Balls 5
Typical Minnesota Voter 8 hr Phineas 6
News Fourth of July Fireworks in Minnesota 12 hr Phineas 14
britain leaves EU, new world order stunned 16 hr OK Barry 10
harrassed on purpose my whole life Fri space ace 3
Obama's America Fri OK Barry 75
News Wisconsin girl who drowned in Crystal identified (Aug '08) Oct '15 Anonymous 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages