Boycott Papa John's
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DSM Local

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 10, 2012
In the wake of President Obama's reelection, one CEO is doubling down on his criticisms of Obamacare.

Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter said he plans on passing the costs of health care reform to his business onto his workers. Schnatter said he will likely reduce workers’ hours, as a result of President Obama's reelection, the Naples News reports. Schnatter made headlines over the summer when he told shareholders that the cost of a Papa John’s pizza will increase by between 11 and 14 cents due to Obamacare.

"I got in a bunch of trouble for this," he said, referring to the comments he made in August, according to Naples News. "That's what you do, is you pass on costs. Unfortunately, I don't think people know what they're going to pay for this."

Schnatter went on to say he's neither in support of, nor against the Affordable Care Act, even admitting that "the good news is 100 percent of the population is going to have health insurance.” But he’s not the only one in the chain restaurant industry to admit that workers hours may be reduced, since Obamacare mandates that only employees that work more than 30 hours per week are covered under their employers health insurance plan. For example, Darden restaurants, the parent company of Olive Garden and Red Lobster, has already experimented with reducing workers hours in anticipation of the legislation.

Others have responded to the added costs of Obamacare more harshly, including Applebee's which has said it won’t hire new workers because of the law. Just this week, a Georgia business owner also claimed he cut employees due to Obamacare and in fact had specifically laid off those who he thought had voted for President Obama.
Seattle Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 10, 2012
Cause and effect!

Rough road ahead for US workers.
comrade slew

Ankeny, IA

#3 Nov 10, 2012
the truth, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

obamacare is good wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
guest

Jackson, TN

#4 Feb 13, 2013
comrade slew wrote:
the truth, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
obamacare is good wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Stuip ts Stuip you!
Bridgework

Olathe, KS

#5 Feb 13, 2013
DSM Local wrote:
In the wake of President Obama's reelection, one CEO is doubling down on his criticisms of Obamacare.
Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter said he plans on passing the costs of health care reform to his business onto his workers. Schnatter said he will likely reduce workers’ hours, as a result of President Obama's reelection, the Naples News reports. Schnatter made headlines over the summer when he told shareholders that the cost of a Papa John’s pizza will increase by between 11 and 14 cents due to Obamacare.
"I got in a bunch of trouble for this," he said, referring to the comments he made in August, according to Naples News. "That's what you do, is you pass on costs. Unfortunately, I don't think people know what they're going to pay for this."
Schnatter went on to say he's neither in support of, nor against the Affordable Care Act, even admitting that "the good news is 100 percent of the population is going to have health insurance.” But he’s not the only one in the chain restaurant industry to admit that workers hours may be reduced, since Obamacare mandates that only employees that work more than 30 hours per week are covered under their employers health insurance plan. For example, Darden restaurants, the parent company of Olive Garden and Red Lobster, has already experimented with reducing workers hours in anticipation of the legislation.
Others have responded to the added costs of Obamacare more harshly, including Applebee's which has said it won’t hire new workers because of the law. Just this week, a Georgia business owner also claimed he cut employees due to Obamacare and in fact had specifically laid off those who he thought had voted for President Obama.
So if you boycott Papa John's won't the loss of revenue also be passed on to the workers?

Why don't you disprove that his costs will increase due to the ACA instead of attacking him over him being upfront about the effect of the ACA? Do you think any company is going to eat the increase instead of passing the cost on to consumers/employees?

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#6 Feb 13, 2013
DSM Local wrote:
In the wake of President Obama's reelection, one CEO is doubling down on his criticisms of Obamacare.
Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter said he plans on passing the costs of health care reform to his business onto his workers. Schnatter said he will likely reduce workers’ hours, as a result of President Obama's reelection, the Naples News reports. Schnatter made headlines over the summer when he told shareholders that the cost of a Papa John’s pizza will increase by between 11 and 14 cents due to Obamacare.
"I got in a bunch of trouble for this," he said, referring to the comments he made in August, according to Naples News. "That's what you do, is you pass on costs. Unfortunately, I don't think people know what they're going to pay for this."
Schnatter went on to say he's neither in support of, nor against the Affordable Care Act, even admitting that "the good news is 100 percent of the population is going to have health insurance.” But he’s not the only one in the chain restaurant industry to admit that workers hours may be reduced, since Obamacare mandates that only employees that work more than 30 hours per week are covered under their employers health insurance plan. For example, Darden restaurants, the parent company of Olive Garden and Red Lobster, has already experimented with reducing workers hours in anticipation of the legislation.
Others have responded to the added costs of Obamacare more harshly, including Applebee's which has said it won’t hire new workers because of the law. Just this week, a Georgia business owner also claimed he cut employees due to Obamacare and in fact had specifically laid off those who he thought had voted for President Obama.
First, good for Mr. Schnatter. I am going to go buy one of his pizzas and have it for dinner this weekend.

If Obamacare is going to cost the business more money, everyone within the business needs to understand why, and share the pain.

Next, the final paragraph reads: "Others have responded to the added costs of Obamacare more harshly, including Applebee's which has said it won’t hire new workers because of the law. Just this week, a Georgia business owner also claimed he cut employees due to Obamacare and in fact had specifically laid off those who he thought had voted for President Obama."

If my advisors and what I have read are correct, the impact of Obamacare upon businesses will be minimized if you have 49 or fewer employees.

Why would a business with less than 50 employees expand and subject themselves to the intrusions of the Federal Government simply because they have a couple of extra employees?

Simply stated:

1. You do not expand.

2. You outsource various portions of your business so that you do not meet the threshold for Obamacare.

3. Or, you sell the business, live off the proceeds of that sale leaving the problems for others while you enjoy the sun drenched beaches of a remote Caribbean Island.

None of those three options will do anything to solve the very real budgetary and economic problems of this formerly great nation.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#7 Feb 13, 2013
I like your "plan", where business profits are more important, than the American workers who give their lives to THAT BUSINESS...

Guess, the GOP loves little children, because they die so quietly ???

Pretty funny, nobody in Atlas Shrugged ever got sick, must be you GOP cyborgs, right ???

Nowhere in any of your posts do I see any American pride, just greed.... Must be really hard to hate humans, when did you quit being one ?

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#8 Feb 13, 2013
I make it a habit of ignoring the Sludge, however I am going to make an exception here.

The Sludge said:

"I like your "plan", where business profits are more important, than the American workers who give their lives to THAT BUSINESS..."

I built that business. I did it with my own efforts, intelligence, and guts. The workers came along after the business was built.

Next, there are 126 families that directly owe their comfortable lifestyles to my efforts. I take great pride in that fact.

The profits of the business are what allows those employees to get a paycheck. If there are no profits, they would not have jobs.

If any one of my employees feels they are treated unfairly, or that they can make more money working for someone else, they are welcome to leave. I wish them well.

Yet somehow, we have almost zero turnover. Imagine that, a non-union company that pays its employees far better than they could make in a union company - and those employees have laughed the union organizers out the door every single year.

One last thing, F-U loser.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Sure you built a business and you found the Hertz at Sea-tac, too... You have pictures, right ??

You spent 2 1/4 hours at a job before running away, that's all I need to say. LMAOROTFu~!
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#10 Feb 13, 2013
Funny, you build the company, without the workers ???

Why do they owe you anything ??


"Man", a loser guy who didn't last 1/2 day didn't build SH*T ~!

Funny, earlier you said you got a pay cut, because the place you "WORKED" had a rough patch...

You understood the boss had a tough decision.....

Pay cuts, you're NOW the boss, and what BS is next...

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#11 Feb 13, 2013
Because this is the same thread, I am going to enlighten the fake Seattle resident and offer to pay for a course in reading comprehension for him.

A few years back, the auto industry took a nose dive. That resulted in every company connected to the auto industry suffering in like fashion. A significant portion of our business is based upon the automobile manufacturing.

As a result of that downturn, my partners and I all took a dramatic cut in what we paid ourselves from the business. In fact, the CEO decided to go without any compensation for an entire year.

This decision was made so that we would not have to lay off any of our employees.

The auto industry continued to decline and impact our business. We reached a point where we needed to lay off some people in order to maintain profitability.

We then held a company meeting where the options were laid out and we informed everyone that cuts were going to be made.

The employees came back to us with a voluntary plan that everyone agreed to where they would all accept a pay cut in order to keep everyone on board.

That was a very unexpected and magnanimous move on the part of the employees. Their efforts helped us weather the storm and get back on our feet so that we could continue to prosper.

And for the ignorant fake Seattle resident, simply because someone has the title of CEO does not mean they are a majority stockholder in the company. A CEO is often nothing more than another employee who has a particular talent that is needed by the firm.

Now, let me know what school you are going to take that reading comprehension course at and I will see to it that a check is sent to cover the cost of the class.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#12 Feb 13, 2013
Blah, blah, blah ....

Let's see, now you're backpedaling and not the guy who wrote- "I built that business."

Sorry pal, you're a POS liar..... LMAOROFU~!

Collect more Corvairs, that's a "smart move"...for you.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#13 Feb 13, 2013
I built that business. I did it with my own efforts, intelligence, and guts. The workers came along after the business was built.

OR

In fact, the CEO decided to go without any compensation for an entire year.

Next, there are 126 families that directly owe their comfortable lifestyles to my efforts. I take great pride in that fact.

OR

The employees came back to us with a voluntary plan that everyone agreed to where they would all accept a pay cut in order to keep everyone on board.


WOW !!! Guess reading your OWN TRIPE IS TOO TEDIOUS, huh ???

Sounds like you need to get your "stories straight, LIAR !!!

One last thing, F-U loser.
jerry

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Feb 13, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
Because this is the same thread, I am going to enlighten the fake Seattle resident and offer to pay for a course in reading comprehension for him.
A few years back, the auto industry took a nose dive. That resulted in every company connected to the auto industry suffering in like fashion. A significant portion of our business is based upon the automobile manufacturing.
As a result of that downturn, my partners and I all took a dramatic cut in what we paid ourselves from the business. In fact, the CEO decided to go without any compensation for an entire year.
This decision was made so that we would not have to lay off any of our employees.
The auto industry continued to decline and impact our business. We reached a point where we needed to lay off some people in order to maintain profitability.
We then held a company meeting where the options were laid out and we informed everyone that cuts were going to be made.
The employees came back to us with a voluntary plan that everyone agreed to where they would all accept a pay cut in order to keep everyone on board.
That was a very unexpected and magnanimous move on the part of the employees. Their efforts helped us weather the storm and get back on our feet so that we could continue to prosper.
And for the ignorant fake Seattle resident, simply because someone has the title of CEO does not mean they are a majority stockholder in the company. A CEO is often nothing more than another employee who has a particular talent that is needed by the firm.
Now, let me know what school you are going to take that reading comprehension course at and I will see to it that a check is sent to cover the cost of the class.
You should have stuck to your original plan. You can what happens - nothing has changed.
jerry

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Feb 13, 2013
- can SEE what happens -
AntiMelting

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Feb 13, 2013
Extra garlic dipping butter here I come!

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#17 Feb 13, 2013
Reading comprehension. I will pay for the class. Just tell me where you are taking it and I will b happy to send the check.

I started the company. I hired a CEO a number of years back. One of the marks of a smart person is that he surrounds himself with people more talented than he is. I am delighted to say that I have some of the best people on board in the industry.

Our CEO is looking at retirement in less than 2 years. Perhaps you would like to apply for the job.

Let's see...a GED, a fake dojo, fired from the Post Office. Yeah, that will get you a long way in this world, won't it?

Have a nice life Sludge. We are done for now.

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#18 Feb 13, 2013
jerry wrote:
<quoted text>You should have stuck to your original plan. You can what happens - nothing has changed.
You are right, and I just said good-bye to the fake Seattle resident.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#19 Feb 13, 2013
I love the fact, John gives to charity for the tax write off, but doesn't want to pay the people who works for him a... red cent more than he has to...

What a sweetheart, loves dolphins... hates American employees, who fill the register...

Guy's "hurting" he's ONLY worth $600 million....
"He" must have made a lot of pizzas...

Oh, you say the employees made the pizzas ??

Too bad, they can't afford to buy one, huh ?
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#20 Feb 13, 2013
Ps- You see cheap tinkers neither, who do you "think" you're fooling !?? LMAOROTFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fridley Man Charged With Attempted Murder After... 7 hr Zom Associate 20
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 12 hr Talkin To IBdaNight 35,559
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 19 hr LIbEralS 517
BERNIE sells out! 20 hr LIbEralS 10
Obama's America Jul 24 TAAM 85
News Wisconsin girl who drowned in Crystal identified (Aug '08) Oct '15 Anonymous 8
News Rail expansion plans anger and surprise in nort... (Sep '15) Sep '15 cowboy chris 2

Robbinsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages