Dogs attack Mpls mail carrier

Dogs attack Mpls mail carrier

There are 22 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Dogs attack Mpls mail carrier. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A mail carrier is recovering after being mauled by two dogs in Minneapolis. Thirty-one-year-old Bryan Bloomquist was delivering mail in north Minneapolis Tuesday afternoon when two pit bulls ran out of a house and attacked him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patriot

AOL

#1 Jul 29, 2010
I am glad Mr. Bloomquist survived, thanks to the action of the neighbors and police. I am going to go out on a limb here and bet the dog owner sues the police for killing his dogs.
Peter

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 29, 2010
Apparently, even dogs now want a stop to Post Office inefficiency and financial losses.
Whatever

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 29, 2010
Pits were never a problem until the hood rats started to keep them. Same as their kids. Trouble. Root cause: hood rats. Round them up!
little sister

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 29, 2010
Bryan is my big brother and i'm sooo glad he's alive and those dogs are dead.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#5 Jul 29, 2010
little sister wrote:
Bryan is my big brother and i'm sooo glad he's alive and those dogs are dead.
We're glad, too! My prayers go out for your brother's full and speedy recovery.

Twin Cities

#6 Jul 29, 2010
Isn't there a leash law or some kind of ordinance in Minneapolis where dogs must be fenced or chained? Good Lord, this was a vicious attack and so utterly preventable.
peter pumpkin eater

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 29, 2010
how cliche!

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#8 Jul 29, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
Isn't there a leash law or some kind of ordinance in Minneapolis where dogs must be fenced or chained? Good Lord, this was a vicious attack and so utterly preventable.
did you see the story on the news last night? They interviewed the poor man, an Iraqi war vet and he said he was going to quit his job. Then they interviewed the "fellow" who owned the dogs and his response?..."my dogs are dead"....enough said....The dogs turned their attack on the police so they were shot. I am thinking this "person" will probably sue the city for killing his dogs...and WIN.......
Seriously

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jul 29, 2010
Whatever wrote:
Pits were never a problem until the hood rats started to keep them. Same as their kids. Trouble. Root cause: hood rats. Round them up!
I've never known anyone OTHER than gangbangers who have had these dogs. Were these the dogs of choices for the suburbs back in the 60's?
Dan Wesson Guy

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jul 29, 2010
Put the owner in a cage with some hungry wolves. Let him see how it feels. Seriously though, I hope the mail carrier sues the crap out of the guy, well beyond his insurance coverage so it really hurts.
John Carifidy

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jul 29, 2010
Dan Wesson Guy wrote:
Put the owner in a cage with some hungry wolves. Let him see how it feels. Seriously though, I hope the mail carrier sues the crap out of the guy, well beyond his insurance coverage so it really hurts.
Lawyers wont participate in a suit if the offending party has no assets or insurance. Homes in MN can't be taken if they are homesteaded, rental or section 8. My guess is the dog owner doesn't have a pot to wizz in.
Bus Driver

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jul 30, 2010
Gets rid off all that dog kind! They no goods for everbodys! Mean dogs!

Twin Cities

#14 Jul 30, 2010
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
did you see the story on the news last night? They interviewed the poor man, an Iraqi war vet and he said he was going to quit his job. Then they interviewed the "fellow" who owned the dogs and his response?..."my dogs are dead"....enough said....The dogs turned their attack on the police so they were shot. I am thinking this "person" will probably sue the city for killing his dogs...and WIN.......
No, I didn't catch the interview. I read that the owner himself was not home at the time but his sister and cousin were. I'd like to know that the police thoroughly questioned the two women to determine what preceded the dogs getting out of the house in full aggressive pack mode. If the dogs were turning their attack on the police then they are likely to win any suit that could be brought by the owner. I love dogs but if I was armed and more than one vicious dog was coming at me with the blood of the last attack still on their mouths, I would shoot to kill them in order to protect myself and others. It might be a different outcome if it was a rogue dog but more than one is a pack.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#15 Jul 30, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>No, I didn't catch the interview. I read that the owner himself was not home at the time but his sister and cousin were. I'd like to know that the police thoroughly questioned the two women to determine what preceded the dogs getting out of the house in full aggressive pack mode. If the dogs were turning their attack on the police then they are likely to win any suit that could be brought by the owner. I love dogs but if I was armed and more than one vicious dog was coming at me with the blood of the last attack still on their mouths, I would shoot to kill them in order to protect myself and others. It might be a different outcome if it was a rogue dog but more than one is a pack.
the only response I have to what you wrote is that on the news, it was claimed that the dogs pretty much pushed themselves out the front door and attacked this poor man. Apparantly the the screen door was locked but the dogs simply broke it down to get at the mail carrier....what purpsoe does it serve to have dogs like these in a reseidence?..only bad can result. It is remindful to me of the incident last year where a MPLS man had his Pit Bull chained in his basement and it got lose somehow and killed his 7 year old son...again, what are these people thinking? I know, stupid question but it had to be asked...I'll take my lil' Beagle TinkerBelle anyday..peace Zen........
Bus Driver

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jul 30, 2010
STUPIDS questions! GO AWAY! Nobodys caring about what you thinkings!
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jul 30, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>No, I didn't catch the interview. I read that the owner himself was not home at the time but his sister and cousin were. I'd like to know that the police thoroughly questioned the two women to determine what preceded the dogs getting out of the house in full aggressive pack mode. If the dogs were turning their attack on the police then they are likely to win any suit that could be brought by the owner. I love dogs but if I was armed and more than one vicious dog was coming at me with the blood of the last attack still on their mouths, I would shoot to kill them in order to protect myself and others. It might be a different outcome if it was a rogue dog but more than one is a pack.
My speculation (for what it's worth) is that these dogs were not sufficiently socialized to humans outside of their "family". I have posted before that if someone is getting a pit bull they should make sure that they are always under control and supervised NOT because it's an evil breed but because the breed's capability of causing great damage to a person is far greater due to its physical make-up.

A screen door is not enough to stop any powerful dog that goes on the attack. And if a large and/or powerful dog is not socialized to humans at an early age, it could very well charge a human who is a stranger to the dog.
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jul 30, 2010
Bus Driver wrote:
STUPIDS questions! GO AWAY! Nobodys caring about what you thinkings!
May I suggest that you look up what the word "forum" means?
Bus Driver

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jul 30, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
May I suggest that you look up what the word "forum" means?
OK. Still not applies to this!
Total wrong!

Twin Cities

#22 Jul 30, 2010
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
the only response I have to what you wrote is that on the news, it was claimed that the dogs pretty much pushed themselves out the front door and attacked this poor man. Apparantly the the screen door was locked but the dogs simply broke it down to get at the mail carrier....what purpsoe does it serve to have dogs like these in a reseidence?..only bad can result. It is remindful to me of the incident last year where a MPLS man had his Pit Bull chained in his basement and it got lose somehow and killed his 7 year old son...again, what are these people thinking? I know, stupid question but it had to be asked...I'll take my lil' Beagle TinkerBelle anyday..peace Zen........
Had his dog chained in the basement, that right there tells me that was a very unsocialized, unhappy animal. Tink sounds like an awesome little companion for you and the grandkids.

Twin Cities

#23 Jul 30, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
My speculation (for what it's worth) is that these dogs were not sufficiently socialized to humans outside of their "family". I have posted before that if someone is getting a pit bull they should make sure that they are always under control and supervised NOT because it's an evil breed but because the breed's capability of causing great damage to a person is far greater due to its physical make-up.
A screen door is not enough to stop any powerful dog that goes on the attack. And if a large and/or powerful dog is not socialized to humans at an early age, it could very well charge a human who is a stranger to the dog.
Most excellent point! Years ago a neighbor of ours adopted a German shepard that for some unknown reason wanted to kill me. It would see me working in my yard, push out the window screen, and head straight for me with teeth bared and hackles raised. No animal had ever behaved like that around me before or since; it was frightening. I was concerned for the safety of their small child, but the neighbors assured me that the dog was nothing but love toward the immediate family. After a year or so, the family had that dog euthanized because she had eventually grown too unpredictable toward people and aggressive toward the cat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral held for US soldier at center of Trump ... 1 hr Cat Fan 3
Davycrockett Trash 1 hr Random Forum Crit... 10
Five former US presidents unite for hurricane r... 4 hr LVPD is Incompetent 4
Congresswoman Frederica Wilson 4 hr TAAM 5
Shepard Smith 6 hr Davycrockett 5
WhiteTrash NFL Fans 7 hr CutSplitStacked 19
Man-turned-woman convicted of restroom sex assa... 9 hr Space ace 6

Robbinsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance