Alcohol detected in driver whose car ...

Alcohol detected in driver whose car collided with SUV in fatal Bur...

There are 111 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 19, 2010, titled Alcohol detected in driver whose car collided with SUV in fatal Bur.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Alcohol was detected in the system of a Savage woman whose car crossed the median and struck an SUV carrying a Burnsville family Sunday night, the Minnesota State Patrol said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Hank from St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 19, 2010
"Accident?" When will the media stop using this term? This was no accident. This woman didn't accidently drive drunk.
YOUR MOM

Plymouth, MN

#3 Jul 19, 2010
They will probably let her off easily unlike Koua Fong Lee serving 8 years! Oh how the justice system works!
Mary Allen

United States

#4 Jul 19, 2010
this was no accident, sure have to agree on that.
Looking at the court records she shouldn't be on the road. I will guarantee one thing here, no license, no insurance, unregistered vehicle, driving a piece of crap car, everyone loses. And she will be back on the roads soon. There are no answers to these situations. Only more sadness.
Prayers to the people that were the victims.
Annie

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 19, 2010
Was she over .08?
Concerned Citizen

Plymouth, MN

#6 Jul 19, 2010
Its been at least the second deadly accident in as many weeks that involved alcohol. It is so sad and frustrating to see the impact of alcohol and how it is marketed in our society.

Very sad !

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 19, 2010
YOUR MOM wrote:
They will probably let her off easily unlike Koua Fong Lee serving 8 years! Oh how the justice system works!
koua killed 3 people
Magic

Long Lake, MN

#8 Jul 19, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
koua killed 3 people
Lee was stone sober and claimed the brakes failed.

So if a driver is drunk and kills "only" ONE person how many years should they get?

IMHO, a drunk killing one should get at least 5 years IN PRISON, no parole!
Commonsense

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jul 19, 2010
The general population has none - they drive drunk - they yak on cell phones or text while driving - everything accept pay attention to the task at hand and the result is people die. If in fact she is found to be drunk then she should get some serious jail time. My condolences to the family that lost there child - this was a tragic and very avoidable accident.

[email protected] mail.com”

Since: Feb 10

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 19, 2010
This is so sad. This woman will have to live with what she did for the rest of her life. Blessing for the family
Magic

Delano, MN

#12 Jul 19, 2010
GroovyGirlisback wrote:
This is so sad. This woman will have to live with what she did for the rest of her life. Blessing for the family
No this woman will just drown her sorrow in booze.

If it bugs her she will escape reality with alcohol.

That is what's sad.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jul 19, 2010
Magic wrote:
<quoted text>
Lee was stone sober and claimed the brakes failed.
So if a driver is drunk and kills "only" ONE person how many years should they get?
IMHO, a drunk killing one should get at least 5 years IN PRISON, no parole!
i agree whole heartedly with yuor opnion on drunk driving, that however does bot make fong lee innocent of his charges
yepper

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jul 19, 2010
Annie wrote:
Was she over .08?
Exactly. Seems we have trial by media in this nation more and more.
I don't condone impaired driving, but this wreaks of guilt before innocence.
If the facts about possible impairment are not out yet, they may as well not even report on the incident. Its just another traffic accident until the facts are in, except that public perception is warped in the meantime. The assault on alcohol is really ramping up. Have people noticed this in the media of late? They can't "report" on it enough. Again, I do NOT condone impaired driving, but an all-out media onslaught to steer public perception is most definitely in effect. I suspect bars are too large a cash-only business that the state can't get their mitts on and too many people are able to make a living outside of the corporate behemoths that control everything more and more. The only thing I can think of is that they have a campaign against bar business going on now. They won't outlaw alcohol, but I think we are seeing the prohibition of bars really ramping up.(I don't drink in case anyone is going to accuse me of such, by the way.)
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jul 19, 2010
Hank from St Paul wrote:
"Accident?" When will the media stop using this term? This was no accident. This woman didn't accidently drive drunk.
I'm not trying to underestimate the seroiusness of drinking and driving but so far, all we know from this report is that alcohol was detected in her system. Than's a far cry from your assertion that she was drunk. If you're going to be sanctimonious shouldn't you wait until the facts are on your side? Otherwise, you may appear as foolishly as the woman in today's Strib Letter to the Editor, who thinks it's a gun's fault that a thuggish punk murdered a young man at a car wash.
Geniussquared

Hudson, WI

#16 Jul 19, 2010
oxboro wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree whole heartedly with yuor opnion on drunk driving, that however does bot make fong lee innocent of his charges
If Fong Lee's accident is a result of a faulty automobile, then yes it does.

Since: Jul 10

Delano, MN

#17 Jul 19, 2010
Calm down everybody the article in all its glory said "alcohol in her system". It did not give the specifics. The article was written without complete information. She could have had a reading of .01 or .25. No one knows. She may have not been impaired at all. So go take a valium and maybe, just maybe some brighter than normal journalist will write a complete article. If everyone screamed this loud about tailgaters that kill everyday, maybe something would be done about that. Oh I forgot, they don't have a lobby. MAT. Mad About Tailgating.

[email protected] mail.com”

Since: Feb 10

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jul 19, 2010
I meant it was sad that that little boy had to die at the woman's hand.
Magic wrote:
<quoted text>
No this woman will just drown her sorrow in booze.
If it bugs her she will escape reality with alcohol.
That is what's sad.
Hank from St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jul 19, 2010
Annie wrote:
Was she over .08?
Would it make you happy if she was. She crossed a grass median into oncoming traffic and killed somebody.
Either she was drunk or asleep or distracted, all of which are unacceptable and not accidental.
Magic

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jul 19, 2010
citylights wrote:
Calm down everybody the article in all its glory said "alcohol in her system". It did not give the specifics. The article was written without complete information. She could have had a reading of .01 or .25. No one knows. She may have not been impaired at all. So go take a valium and maybe, just maybe some brighter than normal journalist will write a complete article. If everyone screamed this loud about tailgaters that kill everyday, maybe something would be done about that. Oh I forgot, they don't have a lobby. MAT. Mad About Tailgating.
Need for a lobby called: MALLS (Mad About Left Lane Sandbaggers).
Bob

Hastings, MN

#22 Jul 19, 2010
We have no clue if she was over .08 or not yet so pipe down all you alcohol haters out there. It's still sad for the loss of life either way though.
Seriously

La Crosse, WI

#23 Jul 19, 2010
Has everyone forgotten that a family is suffering because they lost a child and are suffering with injuries because of someone else's stupid actions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 Injured In North Minneapolis Shooting 2 hr Clinton 0 Trump 1 6
News Hennepin County Medical Center is a leader in '... 5 hr rusra02 1
Sued in small claims court in different state 20 hr LIbEralS 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Sep 27 FaIth Breeds Stup... 35,579
Statewide protective agency (Oct '15) Sep 26 Troy 34
News Wisconsin girl who drowned in Crystal identified (Aug '08) Oct '15 Anonymous 8
News Rail expansion plans anger and surprise in nort... (Sep '15) Sep '15 cowboy chris 2

Robbinsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbinsdale Mortgages