Great Basketball Players at Robbins High

Great Basketball Players at Robbins High

Posted in the Robbins Forum

Dan the Man

Grimsley, TN

#1 Sep 5, 2010
I remember some great ones in the fifty and sixtys.
this is to be a clean topic do not trash anyone please thank you.

Wartburg, TN

#2 Sep 8, 2010
Wasn't Kares Stonecipher a basketball star for Robbins High?
Dan the Man

Grimsley, TN

#3 Sep 8, 2010
I think he holds the alltime one game scoring record, Don't know how many points I think in the 70's

United States

#4 Oct 16, 2010
Kares Stonecipher played basketball at Robbins High from 1966-69. Other notable players during the 60's were Sam Stringfield, Bobby Welch, Gary Welch, Gary Young, Jackie Sexton. Well my mind just went blank. Good coaches back then also, Gene Lewallen, Mr. Satterfield. Robbins always had a good boys & girls basketball team!
RMS girl

Oneida, TN

#5 Feb 7, 2011
Yes, we have some very talented players on girl's and boy's teams.But Robbins, isn't a high school any longer, and Mr.Stonecipher retired about..i think...about 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken.But yes we have alot of very good players and our coach of the boy's team now, is Dusty Griffith, and our coach for the girls is Joni Byrd-Stonecipher, she is Kares Stonecipher's daughter and she does very well with our girls.Thanks for complimenting on our school by the way!
Slam Dunk

Oneida, TN

#6 Feb 13, 2011
They never could compete with Huntsville.

Grimsley, TN

#7 Apr 4, 2011
Huntsville never had a High School Team, did they?

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Apr 15, 2011
At one time Scott County had 4 high schools. Robbins High School (Hawks), Huntsville High School (Bears), Norma High School (Tigers) & Oneida High School (Indians). R.H.S., H.H.S. & N.H.S. were consolidated to form Scott County High School. I think the new school was built in the early 70's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know anything bout Don Allen Mitche... 46 min Levi Owens 6
eddie goodman 1 hr Just someone 7
Elle Chapman and Seth Carson (Jan '15) 1 hr Just someone 8
ladies at sai 1 hr mathew 1
Cody Ross (May '11) 3 hr Brandt 6
winfield trailer park drug sellers 11 hr watchin you 2
jamie hull 11 hr wondering 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Robbins Mortgages