Snake handling

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 23, 2013
Just watched a show on snake handling churches. Mostly in eastern Kentucky and some near lafollette. Anybody know if they is any around here?
sad

Troy, NC

#2 Oct 23, 2013
Do not care do not believe in that at all to me it is the devil work
You playing with the devil when you do that
deerhunter63

Wartburg, TN

#3 Oct 24, 2013
Been watchin that show. I was wondering if there were any snake handling churches aound here too?? Don't really believe in it but it might be interesting to go to a servce and just sit in the back row and watch.
holy hell

Knoxville, TN

#4 Oct 24, 2013
deerhunter63 wrote:
Been watchin that show. I was wondering if there were any snake handling churches aound here too?? Don't really believe in it but it might be interesting to go to a servce and just sit in the back row and watch.
The Lafollette church in the show is of the Pentecostal denomination, which there are many around Scott and Campbell County. I'm not saying that these churches in the county are handling snakes, but couldn't say 100% that any of them aren't...
politicianssuck

Huntsville, TN

#5 Oct 25, 2013
Church is for worship and fellowship. This radical garbage is just for show and self gain.
Cool breeze

Toledo, OH

#6 Oct 27, 2013
The reason is the biblical chapter Mark 16 : 18 ..Read it ..might learn something ...
Answer

Oliver Springs, TN

#7 Oct 27, 2013
Cool breeze wrote:
The reason is the biblical chapter Mark 16 : 18 ..Read it ..might learn something ...
The Lord was calling evil people snakes, not the legless type. Haven't you ever heard of someone being a "snake in the grass". These people are misguided in the way they do.

Matthew:[33] Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mark

Wartburg, TN

#8 Oct 27, 2013
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>The Lord was calling evil people snakes, not the legless type. Haven't you ever heard of someone being a "snake in the grass". These people are misguided in the way they do.
Matthew:[33] Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Doesn't the gospel of Mark say to take up the serpent?
Answer

Oliver Springs, TN

#9 Oct 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't the gospel of Mark say to take up the serpent?
Yeah but he was referring to wicked people as serpents not literal snakes.
Mark

Wartburg, TN

#10 Oct 28, 2013
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but he was referring to wicked people as serpents not literal snakes.
I was only teasing in silly say. From the 9th verse on was not in the oldest manuscripts. Mark did end abruptly at verse 9. Some Bible teachers think someone tried to round it off by adding this scripture.
Answer

Oliver Springs, TN

#11 Oct 29, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>I was only teasing in silly say. From the 9th verse on was not in the oldest manuscripts. Mark did end abruptly at verse 9. Some Bible teachers think someone tried to round it off by adding this scripture.
Even with that it's still referring to evil people as serpents. I believe it is still scripture but people are just misguided.
Adah

Toledo, OH

#12 Oct 30, 2013
Mark 16:18 ....Also drink poison ??? Will not harm us?? Jump from a bridge?? will not kill us?? Don't use your brain?? Will turn to mush...only eat the fruit from the tree??
Mark

Wartburg, TN

#13 Oct 30, 2013
Answer wrote:
<quoted text>Even with that it's still referring to evil people as serpents. I believe it is still scripture but people are just misguided.
By you not arguing with the statement I made shows you are educated. You are also a Bible teacher. That in itself rules you out of being a preacher. I know I did not capitalize preacher. Why is it that churches are run by the most ignorant, especially in the South?
LAFOLLETTE

Wartburg, TN

#14 Oct 31, 2013
i,ve been there it is a good show..you turn behind I g a SUPERMARKET in lafolette and anyone can tell you up in there where to find it,we have been there a few times, their church time is 1 p.m. on sunday
Answer

Oliver Springs, TN

#15 Nov 1, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text> By you not arguing with the statement I made shows you are educated. You are also a Bible teacher. That in itself rules you out of being a preacher. I know I did not capitalize preacher. Why is it that churches are run by the most ignorant, especially in the South?
For the most part people including so called preachers/teachers only study partial scriptures according to how they want to believe. Read Luke:4 and you'll see how the devil did the same way with Jesus but He would always finish what Satan would leave out.
Hawkeye

United States

#16 Oct 14, 2017
LAFOLLETTE wrote:
i,ve been there it is a good show..you turn behind I g a SUPERMARKET in lafolette and anyone can tell you up in there where to find it,we have been there a few times, their church time is 1 p.m. on sunday
Welp bad as I wanna try it that's right when football starts. Maybe after the season!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robbins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huntsvile subway 41 min Fed up 1
Jaime and Amanda Henry 2 hr Preacher 2
Will Barnes and Michelle Butler 2 hr Chief 8
smart style in Oneida. 2 hr King of Shaky Puddin 3
lee sexton back in oneida selling drugs meth 6 hr Local 16
Dentist Spencer Ellis in Huntsville 6 hr Local 27
Nichole Duncane (May '09) 14 hr King of Shaky Puddin 15

Robbins Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance