Popeyes chicken to open Roanoke location

Popeyes chicken to open Roanoke location

There are 16 comments on the Roanoke Times story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Popeyes chicken to open Roanoke location. In it, Roanoke Times reports that:

Fried chicken fans, it's true: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is coming to Roanoke. The popular fried chicken fast-food restaurant is going into the former Paradise Grill location at 3938 Melrose Ave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roanoke Times.

Kody

United States

#1 Jun 19, 2011
sweeeeeeeeet popeyes chicken is the shiznit, definitely the best fast food chain of chicken huts I've ever had
dmx

Tomball, TX

#2 Jun 27, 2011
bad part of town to open a popeyes restaurant
WorkSlave32

Christiansburg, VA

#3 Jun 27, 2011
I agree with you!
BoKnows

Potomac, MD

#4 Jun 27, 2011
dmx wrote:
bad part of town to open a popeyes restaurant
Why is dat? It inna white 'hood or wat? Bojangles be betta newayz
mzunderstood

Roanoke, VA

#5 Jun 27, 2011
The same things that goes on on that side of town goes on everywhere else in this weak city.
mzunderstood

Roanoke, VA

#6 Jun 27, 2011
& what does it matter whether it's located in a white hood or not? "White hoods" are not any better than anywhere else....
BoKnows

Potomac, MD

#7 Jul 1, 2011
mzunderstood wrote:
& what does it matter whether it's located in a white hood or not? "White hoods" are not any better than anywhere else....
Well who be eatin da mos chiken, da peeps in da white hood? think not
Friendlyneigbor

Roanoke, VA

#8 Jul 15, 2011
Im just glad that your finally here and open! Welcome to the neighborhood. I know where im having lunch today.
PM SMITH

Huntington, IN

#9 Jul 16, 2011
I had my first and last visit to Popeyes; one cashier with the manager standing behind the counter and the chicken was not fit to feed my dog as u could tell it had been sitting a while. Customers could not find a place to sit for the workers...or not...taking up the space in the dining room. I should have stopped at Crown Chicken!
PAI

Roanoke, VA

#10 Aug 6, 2011
PM SMITH wrote:
I had my first and last visit to Popeyes; one cashier with the manager standing behind the counter and the chicken was not fit to feed my dog as u could tell it had been sitting a while. Customers could not find a place to sit for the workers...or not...taking up the space in the dining room. I should have stopped at Crown Chicken!
I have been to several Popeye's and the one in Roanoke, Va has the worst customer service. The prices are higher than the Popeye's in larger cities. When I said something to the Co-owner The so called Pastor...who was saying that he liked to make money. That is just the beginning. It would be nice if he runs the Popeyes better than he runs his ministry. You will be hearing from me.
Dave

Roanoke, VA

#11 Aug 16, 2011
WorkSlave32 wrote:
I agree with you!
There is nothing wrong with this area. The problems are in SE where drugs and prostitution is rampant but I understand SE IS MOSTLY WHITE!
ooh

Bristol, VA

#12 Aug 18, 2011
PM SMITH wrote:

You aint kidding, its nasty!! It leaves a funky taste in your mouth, the only thing they have worth anything is their biscuits. Zaxby's chicken is way better.
Mandy7

United States

#13 Aug 22, 2011
Its in a terrible part of town which is probly y it has such terrible service and nasty food.. they should have put it on vinton or somewhere appropriate where ppl can actually go and have decent managment.. hopefully they will wise up and put in another one bc popeyes normally has good food..
Johanne

Roanoke, VA

#14 Sep 20, 2011
How is it a white hood? It's a black hood...
Jimbob

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Jul 21, 2012
it's run by a bunch of punks and t h u g s
Pimp stick

North Port, FL

#16 Jul 21, 2012
AHH, ebonics at it's finest!!!! English home cheese learn how to spell it talk and read it. Unbelievable...
BoKnows wrote:
<quoted text>
Well who be eatin da mos chiken, da peeps in da white hood? think not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welfare 14 hr Earl 1
what has happened? No black problems/no police... 15 hr Limmuel Longstroke 6
Students walk out on Vice President May 26 Simply put 2
Is there any good woman out there (Aug '16) May 23 Doug415 9
Saudi Foreign Minister May 23 Private Jones 1
Commentary----not registered to vote May 22 patriot 1
John Ketwig of Bedford May 21 More money for arms 1

Roanoke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance