Posted in the Roanoke Forum

gymgirl

Blacksburg, VA

#1 Dec 17, 2008
nice site
gymgirl

Blacksburg, VA

#2 Dec 17, 2008
Nice building But they need to get coaches that care about coaching. You can get them to teach or train you better, but you will have to talk your mom or dad into paying $50.00 an hr for a private lesson. Then you have to wonder, What the regular classes are for. (If they would care about coaching and not money) It would be a gym to brag about and everyone would win.
gymobserver

Northbrook, IL

#3 Feb 20, 2009
gymgirl wrote:
Nice building But they need to get coaches that care about coaching. You can get them to teach or train you better, but you will have to talk your mom or dad into paying $50.00 an hr for a private lesson. Then you have to wonder, What the regular classes are for.(If they would care about coaching and not money) It would be a gym to brag about and everyone would win.
A coaches job is to coach not babysit-the gymnast has some respondsiblity in their developement- if a gymnast choses to socialize during class time, is that the coaches fault? Private lessons accure when the gymasts is dedicated to the sport and want the one on one which seats them apart from the others.
Anonymous

Egypt

#4 May 17, 2009
This gym's owner only cares about the money - he has and has always had his favorites, and unless your child fits into that tiny little group, then forget it - you waste a lot of money, and get nothing out of it. I would never recommend this gym to anyone based on the owner - unfortunately, there is a bicotamy because I love the coaches and the coaches love my girls. That is the only reason I continue to send my girls there - if it had anything to do with the owner (and his "promises"), my girls would never go there again. The coaches, though, again, are AWESOME!!!
Gymnast

Roanoke, VA

#5 May 13, 2010
This gym definetly has ups and downs! For one thing for one hour private lesson it is 60 dollars that is just crazy and for half an hour it is 40 dollars (hello, that is more than a dollar a minute). The gym owner is not interested at all in older girls who start gymnastics, he says it is an embrassement for the gym (my friend advised me of this when she started just last year). The coaches are great although SOME do seem to be just a little fake and in it for the money. Only one level 10 gymnast so don't expect to go far.
smile

Roanoke, VA

#6 Dec 18, 2010
I personally like the gym. i joined late and im glad they even let me take gymnastics there.:)I think the owner is nice he, he also has a good memory he remembered my name after years. The coaches are cool too.
Whatever

New Orleans, LA

#7 Nov 7, 2011
This gym has potential. Its a nice facility with a few good coaches. It appears to be at a more recreational standard of coaching than at a competitive standard. It could be one of the best gyms in the state but doesn't seem to have the drive or leadership in coaching to get there. Seems to be a whole lot about the money than anything else but it is the only gym in Roanoke.
Arie

Sterling Heights, MI

#8 Jul 29, 2012
How much money is it to train there?
Arie

Sterling Heights, MI

#9 Jul 29, 2012
Or get in there?
hibwer

Roanoke, VA

#10 Oct 5, 2012
How many dollars is it for an hour and a half or an hour??
Gymnast Mom

Danville, VA

#11 Dec 19, 2012
My daughter started late in the year but she has progressed by leaps and bounds, the coaches really have their hands full, it is difficult to keep the girls all focused all the time. This has to be coming from the coach and the gymnast. I want to say that yes, it is costly, but you know that going in. The gym is a business, if the money doesn't come in the gym cannot stay open, the coaches can't be paid, etc. I will say, because we started late in the year, a lot of the cost came at the same time, we knew this going in, the owner showed obvious stress to me about having to have me pay so much up front, he was more than willing to work with me in this regard. Please keep this in mind, the gym is a business, no one can make this happen without money coming in. Look into this before you get started - be educated.
another Mom

Derwood, MD

#12 Dec 29, 2012
seurity question - how do they keep creepy ole men outta there from watchin
Roanoke Gal

Salem, VA

#13 Oct 9, 2015
This gym has some really talented athletes and is worth the investment in the program! The head coach/ co-owner seems to have a passion for working with youth and seems to be changing the culture of the gym in a positive way. I am glad that we have such a place in the Roanoke Valley!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is there any good woman out there (Aug '16) May 23 Doug415 9
Saudi Foreign Minister May 23 Private Jones 1
Students walk out on Vice President May 22 Bartholemu R Ande... 1
Commentary----not registered to vote May 22 patriot 1
John Ketwig of Bedford May 21 More money for arms 1
Alan Ward commentary on graduates May 20 Manual Labor 1
Nancy J. Horns commentary in Roanokes Paper May 18 Bill A Williams 1

Roanoke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance