Marc Lamarre speaks

Marc Lamarre speaks

There are 271 comments on the WSLS-TV Roanoke story from Mar 6, 2006, titled Marc Lamarre speaks. In it, WSLS-TV Roanoke reports that:

Many of you have kept him in your thoughts and prayers for the past few weeks. February 2, emergency crews were called out to a suspected drug overdose, and found former Storm Team 10 Meteorologist Marc ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSLS-TV Roanoke.

Jennifer

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#43 Nov 11, 2006
Guess that's another example of your Southwestern Virginia charm. Your children are SO proud of you they have to look to total strangers, albeit local celebrities to find a hero. Before you start cleaning up the streets of Roanoke, it would serve you well to begin by cleaning up your sewer mouth.

Debbie wrote:
Well, thank you Jennifer. My children are very proud of me. They appreciate to have a mother like me who isn't afraid to stand up to an ignorant individual who critizes the place they were born and raised. Who doesn't want drug users and dealers in the neighborhood where they play.
Jennifer

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#44 Nov 11, 2006
Thank you Emily! Finally someone who speaks with an open mind and heart.

I knew the 3 year contract he signed in 2005 was for more money. And he deserved whatever they could afford because he did a great job and was popular among the viewers. Still it fell short of what he hoped to earn. His excuse to me was that he didn't get his tapes out in time. He didn't look upon it as a setback. He was willing to stay the course and hope there would be bigger opportunites open to him in the coming years. But he did tell me that he loved the people and was satisfied to stay in Roanoke for another couple years.

I'm willing to admit that I made some fairly harsh statements about the people of Roanoke. For that I apologize. However, it is very hurtful to read these blogs written about Marc. It seems that no one is open to even considering another point of view. It's like, if you're not writing to bash him, don't write at all. The title of the blog is "Marc Lamarre Speaks." Well, not really.(And yes, I know the title comes from a news article.) It appears to me that he doesn't get a voice. And no matter what you say, they find a way to twist it around to suit their own purposes.

All I'm saying to these people is have a heart. Say a prayer and wish him well. Most of the blogs are from women. Well, what if your son or daughter (God forbid) were to be in similar circumstances 20 years or so from now? Wouldn't you want someone to reach out to them with a kindness and a little compassion?

To clear up any confusion, the ONLY reason I made mention of having known Marc personally was because of Ronnie's blog. He asked if anyone knew him or Jamie personally and had stories to share. I was hoping to lend some credibility to the kind of man I know Marc to be. I was only hoping to make a difference.
Emily

Roanoke, VA

#45 Nov 11, 2006
I think it's funny you're saying I have a sewer mouth because I told you to shut up. But at the same time you're preaching to others to not to judge when you, Miss Holier-Than-thou, have been passing judgement all over this site about people from Roanoke. BTW, why don't you answer Emily's questions about YOU living here in Roanoke and where you met ML? Is there a reason why you won't? Yes my son looked to ML as his hero in the same way children look up to police officers and fireman. I guess these people shouldn't be looked upon as heros either? My child wants to be a weatherman someday and it just so happen it was ML who did a presentation at his school and he became impressed with him. If you weren't so dumb you might could understand that.
Jennifer wrote:
Guess that's another example of your Southwestern Virginia charm. Your children are SO proud of you they have to look to total strangers, albeit local celebrities to find a hero. Before you start cleaning up the streets of Roanoke, it would serve you well to begin by cleaning up your sewer mouth.
<quoted text>
Emily

Roanoke, VA

#46 Nov 11, 2006
First let me make clear I did not write the other blog to you Jennifer.
You are welcome Jennifer. You're right he did hope to earn more money, but lets be honest what he was earning was pretty darn good. Don't blame him for wanting more, but what he was getting was more than two members of the same family would earn in two years. However, he must have gotten some tapes out because "after" he renewed his contract with WSLS he told me he got an offer from a station in California. He was a very good meteorologist and he should be proud of the job he did, and even prouder that he's inspired younger ones to go into the profession. I hope you can understand why so many people are fired up over Marc taking drugs. He ment a lot to the viewers and they trusted him, so please don't be so harsh with people in Roanoke. I can see the point you're trying to make and respect that, but I'll be honest with you all you're accomplishing is making more people angier at you and toward Marc. You know him so you know that's not what he wants or needs right now for more people to be angry. Let them have their opinions, just like you and I have ours. When the time is right Marc will address all this stuff in his own way and own time. In the meantime, keep him in your prayers.
Jennifer wrote:
Thank you Emily! Finally someone who speaks with an open mind and heart.
I knew the 3 year contract he signed in 2005 was for more money. And he deserved whatever they could afford because he did a great job and was popular among the viewers. Still it fell short of what he hoped to earn. His excuse to me was that he didn't get his tapes out in time. He didn't look upon it as a setback. He was willing to stay the course and hope there would be bigger opportunites open to him in the coming years. But he did tell me that he loved the people and was satisfied to stay in Roanoke for another couple years.
I'm willing to admit that I made some fairly harsh statements about the people of Roanoke. For that I apologize. However, it is very hurtful to read these blogs written about Marc. It seems that no one is open to even considering another point of view. It's like, if you're not writing to bash him, don't write at all. The title of the blog is "Marc Lamarre Speaks." Well, not really.(And yes, I know the title comes from a news article.) It appears to me that he doesn't get a voice. And no matter what you say, they find a way to twist it around to suit their own purposes.
All I'm saying to these people is have a heart. Say a prayer and wish him well. Most of the blogs are from women. Well, what if your son or daughter (God forbid) were to be in similar circumstances 20 years or so from now? Wouldn't you want someone to reach out to them with a kindness and a little compassion?
To clear up any confusion, the ONLY reason I made mention of having known Marc personally was because of Ronnie's blog. He asked if anyone knew him or Jamie personally and had stories to share. I was hoping to lend some credibility to the kind of man I know Marc to be. I was only hoping to make a difference.
Jennifer

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#47 Nov 12, 2006
(Laughing) Looks like "Debbie" and "Emily" are one in the same! OMG, how psychotic! "Debbie" is the one who wrote for me to shut up, not "Emily." BUSTED!!!!!!! When you figure out who you are and can be real, maybe then I'll answer your questions.
Emily wrote:
I think it's funny you're saying I have a sewer mouth because I told you to shut up. But at the same time you're preaching to others to not to judge when you, Miss Holier-Than-thou, have been passing judgement all over this site about people from Roanoke. BTW, why don't you answer Emily's questions about YOU living here in Roanoke and where you met ML? Is there a reason why you won't? Yes my son looked to ML as his hero in the same way children look up to police officers and fireman. I guess these people shouldn't be looked upon as heros either? My child wants to be a weatherman someday and it just so happen it was ML who did a presentation at his school and he became impressed with him. If you weren't so dumb you might could understand that.
<quoted text>
Jennifer

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#48 Nov 12, 2006
The more I read over these blogs, I'm thinking that Debbie, Sherry AND Emily are all the same person. I'm betting you don't even know Marc. If you did, you would know where and how he met me. You said you had emails and pics, so why the need to ask me questions? If you want answers, ask him.
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#49 Nov 12, 2006
I owe Emily an apology. I typed her name where I should have put mine. I was reading her blog and had her on my mind as I was typing. SORRY EMILY! But wouldn't you know this jerk Jennifer who accuses others of running with stuff is doing the same. What a hyprocite. I don't think you have the guts to answer any questions honestly.
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#50 Nov 12, 2006
Jennifer wrote:
The more I read over these blogs, I'm thinking that Debbie, Sherry AND Emily are all the same person. I'm betting you don't even know Marc. If you did, you would know where and how he met me. You said you had emails and pics, so why the need to ask me questions? If you want answers, ask him.
Lady you're paranoid!! My guess you're afraid to answer any questions because it will reveal the truth about you! Someone is scared!
Jennifer

United States

#51 Nov 12, 2006
You don't have to type in your name unless you're changing identities. Your name is there automatically. Sticks and stones.... Such haters!
Debbie wrote:
I owe Emily an apology. I typed her name where I should have put mine. I was reading her blog and had her on my mind as I was typing. SORRY EMILY! But wouldn't you know this jerk Jennifer who accuses others of running with stuff is doing the same. What a hyprocite. I don't think you have the guts to answer any questions honestly.
Jennifer

United States

#52 Nov 12, 2006
Ha! Reveal the truth about me? Since you seem to have preconceptions, what do you think that might be? Why would I be scared? That doesn't make any sense? The entire focus of this blog has changed from being about Marc to being an attack on me. You've clearly lost your mind.
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady you're paranoid!! My guess you're afraid to answer any questions because it will reveal the truth about you! Someone is scared!
Jennifer

United States

#53 Nov 12, 2006
You ARE the same!!! I read over all the blogs and they all have the same type of spelling and punctuation errors. Highly unlikely that all three women would make so many of the same mistakes. What a sad joke you are! I'm thinking that YOU'RE the one who idolized Marc, NOT your son. I'm not buying into this b.s. any longer. Buh-bye Stalker Chick!
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#54 Nov 12, 2006
Jennifer wrote:
You don't have to type in your name unless you're changing identities. Your name is there automatically. Sticks and stones.... Such haters!
<quoted text>
You don't seem to understand anything do you? So let me explain it to you in a simple way that MAYBE you might could understand. I was in the process of typing something and decided to delete it I moved my mouse up too far and I deleted my name from the box also. When I typed it back in I was still thinking about what Emily wrote and mistakenly wrote her name in the box. You fool you accuse someone of something that didn't do. Apparently Emily notice what I did and told you it wasn't from her, but unlike you she didn't go off the deep end and started making ignorant accusations. Again I'm sorry Emily. She has class, you don't.
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#55 Nov 12, 2006
Jennifer wrote:
You ARE the same!!! I read over all the blogs and they all have the same type of spelling and punctuation errors. Highly unlikely that all three women would make so many of the same mistakes. What a sad joke you are! I'm thinking that YOU'RE the one who idolized Marc, NOT your son. I'm not buying into this b.s. any longer. Buh-bye Stalker Chick!
Yea, does this mean you are finally shutting up? THANK GOD! I knew you would try to find some stupid reason to get away from answering any questions. You had to come up with some desperate excuse to get out of it. The only one who's been spreading the b.s. has been you all along. I always thought your reactions to our comments were of someone who has a sick obsession of ML. Poor guy. He needs to stay far away from you.
Debbie

United States

#56 Nov 12, 2006
Golly gee Jennifer, I'm so sorry for all the mean and spiteful things I wrote to you. My "other" personalities offer their apologies as well. I should understand that you were only concerned about the welfare of your friend, Marc. I promise that tomorrow, first thing, I will commit myself for a 72 hour watch in a psychiatric ward. Big hugs to my new BFF!
Jennifer

United States

#57 Nov 12, 2006
LMAO! Is that how it works?!?
Emily

Roanoke, VA

#58 Nov 12, 2006
OH MY GOD, I'm first being accused of being two other women and now I'm being accuse of being a stalker chick! Honey, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?? Who am I stalking, Marc?? He's not even here and I don''t know where he's at now!! Oh god, you have gone way to far this time. At first you had some credibility with me but not any longer. How dare you make such wild and false accusations against me!! You seem to have a split personality. One blog you're saying you are trying to spread kindness and then in other ones lies and hatred. YOU NEED TO STOP IT NOW!! I don't even know these other women that you say I am.You get on here and accuse others of jumping to conclusions, twisting your words, hate and now being stalkers.
What's next? You start off with that you and Marc had a personal relationship and got upset become someone used the words "being with", SO WHAT? Why was those two little words so upsetting to you that you had to verbally attack and accuse this lady of something she obviously didn't say? I didn't read were she said you and Marc had sex together.That on;y came up in your blog. It didn't make no sense and it still doesn't it. Then you begin accusing Roanokers of jumping to conclusions about Marc. That's when someone else laid out the facts from court and showed you there was no jumping to conclusions that the facts were there for you to read. But your lowest is telling a mother if her child had looked within her own family that this boy wouldn't need to look at Marc as a hero. But even that wasn't enough for you, you had to start attacking Roanoke and people who live here, calling us "small minded." I knew you were deceiving people by not revealing you had lived here. So I ask you the questions thinking maybe you will come clean and be honest. And I knew you wouldn't reveal it because it would create to much of a firestorm for you and you would lose all credibilty, which you already have. But it's a shame that you chose to throw a temper tantrum and make all kinds of absurb accusations to just to cover it up. How sad.
You write that the only reason you wrote to begin with is because you were responding to a blog Ronnie had written wanting to know personal stories on Marc and Jamey. Well, it's not Ronnie, it's Robbie. And he didn't ask that question on this website but on a different website. So why did you choose this particular website to write a response? He wrote it several months ago.

And now, you're writing blogs to yourself pretending to be someone else. Please calm down! I don't know why you got yourself all stirred up for because it's really over nothing. You have yourself to blame for the reactions you are getting and if you don't like them then don't respond to them. But it does make me wonder why you keep wanting to drag this on and on.

Go spend time with your hubby and enjoy life and chill out!!

Thanks Debbie for at least trying to explain what happen. It shocked me to see my name attached to a blog I hadn't wriiten. I understand how it can happen. Thanks anyway.
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#59 Nov 12, 2006
Miss Holier-Than-Thou is a married woman? Are you serious? So she's been using this forum and us to feed her obsession over another man this whole time? That's sick! I bet she's hoping and praying that ML reads these blogs so she can come off as the good little girl who has defended his honor and to let him know she still loves him and wants him! You know, I kept asking myself what's the deal with this woman why is she going so overboard about this guy. It's finally making sense now. It's also making sense why she hates Roanoke and us here so much because this is the place where her belove was discover to be a drug addict. It was easier for her to say we were jumping to conclusions about him than to accept that he was taking heroine, nubain and lortabs. Of course she's not going to blame him and hold him responsible for his actions. That's not what someone would do if they are obsess with them. To her he's only an innocent victim. I guess all those drugs just jumped out of nowhere and forced themselves into his arm, throat and stomach. It was puzzling to me how she couldn't understand why as a mother I wouldn't want a drug user or a dealer in my neighborhood. Or have my child to think of one as a hero. I bet if it was anyone other than him she wouldn't have a problem with it. Wow, what a nutty and manipulative individual.
Jennifer

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#60 Nov 13, 2006
Point made. You just responded to something that I wrote to DEBBIE, NOT YOU! You're so confused about this charade, you've lost your edge.
If you're such a good friend of Marc's, why wouldn't you know where he is now? If you have emails from him about me and pictures of me, then there should be no need to ask me "test" questions. You should already have that information. You're hoping that I will provide you with more ammunition to use against myself and Marc.
I don't need to impress Marc by taking up for him on this blog. We're friends and we always will be. That's what friends do. It's called loyalty.
I've never denied that Marc did drugs at some point or other. My position has been that the past is past. Leave him alone and allow him to do the work necessary to get healthy. This occurred eight months ago, but you people act like it was yesterday. Focus on yourselves rather than attempting to crucify someone who obviously meant something to you at one time.
Sorry but I did read Robbie Irby's blog on this site. It's message #7.
Furthermore, this is the only response you will receive to your contentious bloggs and defammatory remarks about me.
Emily

Roanoke, VA

#61 Nov 13, 2006
Best wishes to you. I hope you have a very happy and healthy life.
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#62 Nov 13, 2006
Thanks Emily for exposing this person for who she really is. I would have never thought she was a married woman by the way she was reacting to everything. I feel sorry for her husband. I am also sorry that my mistake got you in the middle of her craziness. As I read the things you wrote I notice you never made any negative remarks back to her despite the fact she had lumped you in with me and accused you also of terrible things. Since you and I are SUPPOSE to be the same person. It was very nice of you to hold back. I'm sorry, but I couldn't do that. She got me very angry with her stupid comments. Now she's trying to justify herself by saying it was all about loyalty and try to make herself look like she's a victim. Yeah right! The bright side to all of this is she's going away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Ratliff 2 hr Adrian 1
News Rubio calls Trump a con artist, mocks a small h... 4 hr inbred Genius 118
If stopped by police 13 hr George 2
Hillary is on tv lying again. 13 hr George 4
Virginias Governor Sat Wesley 1
In defense of Donald Trump Sat Trump supporter 3
Here Jul 22 Lonme 6

Roanoke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance