Marc Lamarre speaks

Many of you have kept him in your thoughts and prayers for the past few weeks. February 2, emergency crews were called out to a suspected drug overdose, and found former Storm Team 10 Meteorologist Marc ... Full Story
Jennifer

United States

#23 Nov 3, 2006
I've had a personal relationship with Marc Lamarre. I know the man he is and do not define him by his poor choices. His chemical dependencies are a symptom of deeper problem they are NOT who he is. He is his mother's son and his sister's brother and an uncle as well. His public personna does NOT make him public property. This situation occurred months ago. By the grace of God, Marc is alive and is receiving the help he needs. Whatever happened is what happened and it's time the matter was put to rest. If and when a trial takes place, it will be in the court of law, not the court of blog. If any of you is worthy of so harshly judging another person, I'd like to see you "walk on water." God allowed Marc to survive his tragedy in order to do great things in his life. Let him be. Besides, don't you have better things to do in Roanoke besides bash someone who's been long gone?
Sherry

Roanoke, VA

#24 Nov 3, 2006
Jennifer wrote:
I've had a personal relationship with Marc Lamarre. I know the man he is and do not define him by his poor choices. His chemical dependencies are a symptom of deeper problem they are NOT who he is. He is his mother's son and his sister's brother and an uncle as well. His public personna does NOT make him public property. This situation occurred months ago. By the grace of God, Marc is alive and is receiving the help he needs. Whatever happened is what happened and it's time the matter was put to rest. If and when a trial takes place, it will be in the court of law, not the court of blog. If any of you is worthy of so harshly judging another person, I'd like to see you "walk on water." God allowed Marc to survive his tragedy in order to do great things in his life. Let him be. Besides, don't you have better things to do in Roanoke besides bash someone who's been long gone?
Who hasn't had a personal relationship with Marc Lamarre at some point!? Over the years that he has lived in Roanoke he has had many relationships with girls and women. You may call it bashing him with our blogs, but the truth is it's not bashing, it's simply letting others know the other side of this very troubled man. It would frighten you to know how troubled he really is. There has been to many people who have put him on a pedestal and refuse to hold him accountable for anything he has done. And it's very doubtful the courts is going to hold him accountable.So I personally hope he reads these blogs so he'll then truly see the damage he has done to himself and to others. As long as people continue to praise him, he will never really see or accept what he has done was wrong.
Jennifer

United States

#25 Nov 7, 2006
If Marc were as well known as you claim, then there should be no need for the site to inform others. Let his reputation speak for itself. Unfortunately, these blogs are more about the people who write them than they are about Marc. Marc is both handsome and charismatic, which served him well personally and professionally (and will continue to do so). Sounds to me like you Roanokers need to get a life. Or did Marc take away all the excitement when he came back to Maine?
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>
Who hasn't had a personal relationship with Marc Lamarre at some point!? Over the years that he has lived in Roanoke he has had many relationships with girls and women. You may call it bashing him with our blogs, but the truth is it's not bashing, it's simply letting others know the other side of this very troubled man. It would frighten you to know how troubled he really is. There has been to many people who have put him on a pedestal and refuse to hold him accountable for anything he has done. And it's very doubtful the courts is going to hold him accountable.So I personally hope he reads these blogs so he'll then truly see the damage he has done to himself and to others. As long as people continue to praise him, he will never really see or accept what he has done was wrong.
Sherry

Roanoke, VA

#26 Nov 8, 2006
Jennifer,

His reputation now says it all doesn't it? And it has nothing to do with him being handsome and charismatic. Since you've added your contribution to these blogs what does it say about you as well? If you didn't like or agree with anything being written, then you didn't have to add your two cents by telling everyone about you having a personal relationship with him either. I'm sure if he's reading these blogs he's not too thrilled that you've announced about being with him to the world. Roanoke is a much better place now.
Debbie

United States

#27 Nov 8, 2006
Jennifer wrote:
If Marc were as well known as you claim, then there should be no need for the site to inform others. Let his reputation speak for itself. Unfortunately, these blogs are more about the people who write them than they are about Marc. Marc is both handsome and charismatic, which served him well personally and professionally (and will continue to do so). Sounds to me like you Roanokers need to get a life. Or did Marc take away all the excitement when he came back to Maine?
<quoted text>
You ask, "did Marc take away all the excitement when he came back to Maine?" The answer is YES he did! We Roanokers have one less drug user in our community and TWO drug dealers off our streets. That is very exciting to all of us Roanokers. Thank you Marc!
Jennifer

United States

#28 Nov 10, 2006
Hmmm...sounds like you're a scorned woman Sherry. For the record, personal relationship does not have to automatically qualify as sleeping with someone. But I'm guessing that you would be the "type of person" who would jump to that conclusion.
Sherry wrote:
Jennifer,
His reputation now says it all doesn't it? And it has nothing to do with him being handsome and charismatic. Since you've added your contribution to these blogs what does it say about you as well? If you didn't like or agree with anything being written, then you didn't have to add your two cents by telling everyone about you having a personal relationship with him either. I'm sure if he's reading these blogs he's not too thrilled that you've announced about being with him to the world. Roanoke is a much better place now.
Jennifer

United States

#29 Nov 10, 2006
And he should thank you and everyone else for jumping to unfounded conclusions about him.
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask, "did Marc take away all the excitement when he came back to Maine?" The answer is YES he did! We Roanokers have one less drug user in our community and TWO drug dealers off our streets. That is very exciting to all of us Roanokers. Thank you Marc!
Jennifer

United States

#30 Nov 10, 2006
Maybe the good folks of Roanoke should focus their energy on their own lives to gain excitement. There is a big world out there beyond the mountain tops! Doubt that will happen. It's true....small towns create small minds.
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#31 Nov 10, 2006
There is no jumping to conclusions just facts based on court records. Learn the facts and accept them. It will serve you well.
Sherry

Roanoke, VA

#32 Nov 10, 2006
Jennifer wrote:
Hmmm...sounds like you're a scorned woman Sherry. For the record, personal relationship does not have to automatically qualify as sleeping with someone. But I'm guessing that you would be the "type of person" who would jump to that conclusion.
<quoted text>
I never jumped to any conclusion about you. You're just being silly and ignorant. Instead of telling people in Roanoke to get a life, maybe you need to get one yourself. Have a nice day!:)
debbie

Roanoke, VA

#33 Nov 10, 2006
I am a mother of two. After my son met Marc Lamarre at his school two years ago all my child ever talked about was being a weatherman like Mr. Lamarre, as my son called him. My son loved M.L., he had to watch every weathercast he was on. And if he missed one he would cry until he became sick. So on school nights we had to tape the weathercast for him so he could watch M.L. as soon as he came home from school. M.L. was his hero and many nights my son would entertain us with his sweet imitation of Mr. Lamarre giving the weather report. When the news first broke that M.L was no longer a meteorologist at WSLS I had to be very careful how I was going to break the news to my child, because this man was his hero. I waited until all the actually facts were revealed from court before I sat my child down to explain why his hero wasn't going to be reporting the weather no more. I felt he needed to know the whole truth about the man he worship so much. You can't imagine how devastated my child was to hear it was drugs that caused him to lose his job. He understand the reason why now, because I gave him FACTS, Jennifer! You can get on your pedistal and praise M.L. all you want but it doesn't change the facts that he injected Nubain, bought and took heroine, and swallowed Lortab. This information came straight from court documentation. So Jennifer what is this so called "unfounded conclusion" you've shot your mouth off about people from Roanoke? It's all in black and white, all you have to do, if you have guts, is to read it for yourself.

I don't care if you had a personal relationship with M.L., all you've came forward with is the superficial stuff (like him being handsome and charismatic) nothing of real substance about him. If this is all you have to tell us about M.L then you need to shut the hell up! I'm sick of your criticism of Roanoke and the people who live here. This is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. I have children to raise here and as a parent I don't want drug users and dealers around my children or to think of them as heros. I don't know what rock you've crawled out from underneath but please go back there.
Jennifer wrote:
And he should thank you and everyone else for jumping to unfounded conclusions about him. <quoted text>
Jennifer

United States

#34 Nov 11, 2006
Ahhhhh, yeah you did! You said that Marc would be thrilled to know that I announced "being with him" to the world by writing on this blog.
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>I never jumped to any conclusion about you. You're just being silly and ignorant. Instead of telling people in Roanoke to get a life, maybe you need to get one yourself. Have a nice day!:)
Sherry

Roanoke, VA

#35 Nov 11, 2006
Jennifer wrote:
Ahhhhh, yeah you did! You said that Marc would be thrilled to know that I announced "being with him" to the world by writing on this blog.
<quoted text>
Being with him has several different meanings to it, so get your facts straight! I never made any reference to you sleeping with him. You did! I know several people who have been just friends with him.
Jennifer

United States

#36 Nov 11, 2006
This is to anyone who chooses to read it:

It appears that the good people of Roanoke are the ones who've put Marc on a pedestal and then were disappointed to realize he has faults and shortcomings like the rest of us. HEROS are human too. And it's good Debbie, that your child learned that early in life as opposed to expecting adults to be perfect. It teaches children to think for and honor themselves as opposed to hero worship. It teaches children to question everything instead of accepting life at face value. It teaches them to have self esteem rather than being dependent upon what others think of them.

Unfortunately for us all, drug dealers and drug users are everywhere. All we can do is raise our children the best we can and hope they'll be strong enough to make the appropriate choices in life.

I'm sorry that Marc has utterly disappointed so many of you. You know, he really didn't make a great deal of money working in Roanoke. The market just wasn't big enough. But he renewed his contract in 2005 because he loved the area and the people. The very people who turned their backs on him. It sounds as though he was everyone's hero until he fell short of the confidence placed in him by his viewers. Too bad he's never had that confidence in himself. Marc has suffered from severe depression for many years. It's a condition he's fought most of his life. However, this condition basically paralyzed him emotionally when he lost his father to cancer a few years ago. He too had a hero....his Dad. Marc has fought a battle within himself for years now. Trying to live up to expectations that his father and the world had of him when he could never see the possibilites within himself.

Debbie, it sounds as though Marc impressed your son immensely. You should be thanking him for the positive influence he brought to your child rather than contributing to a blog that continues to berate and tear him apart. I'm sorry that your child was disappointed when Marc left WSLS. But children do have to learn that nothing is forever. It's a painful lesson for everyone - even adults. But it's life.

My remaining message to any of you is leave Marc alone. He left Roanoke, so give him peace to get the help he needs and start new. He has a long road ahead of him. These type messages aren't serving anyone anything of value. Everyone wants to be loved and accepted, even Marc. Some people just don't know how to go about finding and receiving it as well as others. And even when they find happiness (or the life that other's interpret should MAKE them happy), they don't know what to do with it. So maybe just pray for him and hope he finds health and happiness.
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#37 Nov 11, 2006
Now that you've got this off your chest, will you now shut up!?
Jennifer wrote:
This is to anyone who chooses to read it:
It appears that the good people of Roanoke are the ones who've put Marc on a pedestal and then were disappointed to realize he has faults and shortcomings like the rest of us. HEROS are human too. And it's good Debbie, that your child learned that early in life as opposed to expecting adults to be perfect. It teaches children to think for and honor themselves as opposed to hero worship. It teaches children to question everything instead of accepting life at face value. It teaches them to have self esteem rather than being dependent upon what others think of them.
Unfortunately for us all, drug dealers and drug users are everywhere. All we can do is raise our children the best we can and hope they'll be strong enough to make the appropriate choices in life.
I'm sorry that Marc has utterly disappointed so many of you. You know, he really didn't make a great deal of money working in Roanoke. The market just wasn't big enough. But he renewed his contract in 2005 because he loved the area and the people. The very people who turned their backs on him. It sounds as though he was everyone's hero until he fell short of the confidence placed in him by his viewers. Too bad he's never had that confidence in himself. Marc has suffered from severe depression for many years. It's a condition he's fought most of his life. However, this condition basically paralyzed him emotionally when he lost his father to cancer a few years ago. He too had a hero....his Dad. Marc has fought a battle within himself for years now. Trying to live up to expectations that his father and the world had of him when he could never see the possibilites within himself.
Debbie, it sounds as though Marc impressed your son immensely. You should be thanking him for the positive influence he brought to your child rather than contributing to a blog that continues to berate and tear him apart. I'm sorry that your child was disappointed when Marc left WSLS. But children do have to learn that nothing is forever. It's a painful lesson for everyone - even adults. But it's life.
My remaining message to any of you is leave Marc alone. He left Roanoke, so give him peace to get the help he needs and start new. He has a long road ahead of him. These type messages aren't serving anyone anything of value. Everyone wants to be loved and accepted, even Marc. Some people just don't know how to go about finding and receiving it as well as others. And even when they find happiness (or the life that other's interpret should MAKE them happy), they don't know what to do with it. So maybe just pray for him and hope he finds health and happiness.
Jennifer

United States

#38 Nov 11, 2006
What a fine example you set for your son by addressing me in such a manner. God Bless you Debbie.

Debbie wrote:
Now that you've got this off your chest, will you now shut up!?
<quoted text>
Jennifer

United States

#39 Nov 11, 2006
No, I did not. You're just trying to back track and turn this around to be about me to make yourself look better. All I ever said was that I've had a personal relationship with him. I know him personally. That's it. YOU are the one who ran with the phrase "personal relationship." Thank you very much! Apology accepted!:-)

Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>
Being with him has several different meanings to it, so get your facts straight! I never made any reference to you sleeping with him. You did! I know several people who have been just friends with him.
Debbie

Roanoke, VA

#40 Nov 11, 2006
Well, thank you Jennifer. My children are very proud of me. They appreciate to have a mother like me who isn't afraid to stand up to an ignorant individual who critizes the place they were born and raised. Who doesn't want drug users and dealers in the neighborhood where they play.
Sherry

Roanoke, VA

#41 Nov 11, 2006
Jennifer wrote:
Read the first line you wrote. I didn't write it, you did. HELLO!
Emily

Roanoke, VA

#42 Nov 11, 2006
I have been reading these blogs all along with interest and amusement, because I knew Marc fairly well. I can understand both Debbie and Jennifer's point of view of Marc Lamarre. They both make good arguments for and against Marc Lamarre. As I have been following along with all the comments that has been wriiten a couple of things grab my attention, particularly things Jennifer had written. She was doing fine with me until she writes, "I'm sorry that Marc has utterly disappointed so many of you. You know, he really didn't make a great deal of money working in Roanoke. The market just wasn't big enough. But he renewed his contract in 2005 because he loved the area and the people." I'm sorry to tell you this Jennifer, but Marc's own written words contradicts everything you stated. He writes, WSLS was ranked 65th on the 100 list of the top tv stations in the United States. So that part is correct, Channel 10 isn't consider one of the top 3 news station according to the rankings. But they rank #1 with me. Anyway, he wrote how much he was being payed by WSLS at the time and spoke about how many people would have loved to have earned what he did in 2004. Did he want even more money, yes he did. He writes the reason he renewed his contract with WSLS in 2005 for three more years was because his attempts to go to another market didn't pan out. And if he wanted to keep a job and earn the big bucks (his written words), and not go back home to Maine to live with his mother he had to renew his contract with WSLS. In spike of the fact he didn't particularly like working for WSLS .His renewal of his contract had absolutely nothing to do with him loving the area and the people. His bottom line was the big bucks WSLS was paying him and the big raise they were going to give him for the next three years, and the other part was that another news station didn't have an opening for a meteorologist at that time. Sorry Jennifer but this is how he explained it to me.

The other thing I disagree with Jennifer is about her criticism of Roanoke and the people who live here. Come on now, because Roanokers have strong opinions that doesn't mean they are small minded people. You use to live in Roanoke didn't you? Roanoke is where you met Marc isn't it? I had to dig deep in my emails but I was able to find things that he wrote about you, there were even pictures that were attached to the emails.

Yes I knew Marc thought the world of his father and tried to live up to his father expectations all the time. It was a major blow to Marc when his father died. It is for anyone who has lost a parent that you idolized. I also knew as a result of his lost he suffer from severe depression. For many years he wrote extensively about the medication he was taking for it. Even went so far as mentioning the mg dosage he was taking. When the news broke about him nearly dying and the word heroin was mention I, like so many other people, was shocked. So when he did his interviews with two of our local tv stations I was very attentative to everything he said. What got my attention the most was the part he talked about his depression and how he had waited too long to seek help. I went immediately back to rechecked my emails he had wriiten to me to make sure what I heard come out his mouth was correct. As far back as five years ago he wrote about the medication he was taking. Which version of his story is true is something I'll never know for sure. Does this make me hate him? No! I still feel sorry for him and hope he makes a full recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ashley long 11 hr Anonymous 5
Roanoke orthopaedic doctor and cyclist badly hu... (Apr '09) Oct 24 Marianne Todd 56
Info about Lee Palmer Oct 24 Just sayin 5
labor ready worker Oct 18 curious girl 1
looking for Cheryl W Oct 15 LonelyGuy 5
Hollins bar fly and crazy ho Oct 14 HoggWinder 1
Gay meet ups roanoke Oct 14 Bi guy 3
Roanoke Dating
Find my Match

Roanoke People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Roanoke News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Roanoke

Personal Finance