Marc Lamarre speaks

Full story: WSLS-TV Roanoke

Many of you have kept him in your thoughts and prayers for the past few weeks. February 2, emergency crews were called out to a suspected drug overdose, and found former Storm Team 10 Meteorologist Marc ...

Comments (Page 14)

Showing posts 261 - 270 of270
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sharon pratt

York, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Lacy Jackson wrote:
As a not so close friend of Marc's, I am very happy to see that he has been released from rehab. But it saddens me to know that he has lost his job and is moving home to Maine. Marc is a wonderful person that is very good with the local kids that he has worked with. It saddens me to know that there are things in the world now days such as all these bad drugs that can bring down wonderful people like Marc. I only wish him the best and i still consider him a great person and wonderful friend!
This is just an update for all of you who supported and prayed for my friend Marc. I am Marc's neighbor in brunswick maine and I am so blessed to know a man of such incredible character and integrity. Marc has truly turned his life around. He has gotten professional help and he is no longer the man who found solice in substances. I myself am an addict who has been in recovery for four years. It has been and continues to be a joy to be his close friend. In many ways we keep each other sober. to all you "haters" I have read all your responses and I am angered and saddened by your ignorance and arrogance. You obviously know NOTHING about addiction and depression. Did you ever stop to consider that Marc, like all of us, had issues that you will never know about or understand. I refuse to beleive that my friend deliberately deceived anyone. No one will ever know his pain. Until you walk in his shoes I suggest you shut up! Marc has become a very beloved friend and he has helped me through some of the darkest times in my life and he has helped me to heal the pain I felt after facing breast cancer. Marc is thriving and living a life that requires honesty. He is happy. Most importantly he has faced his deamons and he is sober. sharon
I luv thunderstorms

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Annie and Sharon I want you to know that most of the people in the roanoke area are not haters and truly only wish the best for Marc and Jamey. You are right that these people don't understand addiction and only feel better about themselves by reveling in the downfall of others. There day will come. I truly hope Marc is doing well. It sounds like home is good for him. I wish him all the best
Vicky

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

It's nice to hear Marcel is doing well. It is nice of you Sharon to give us an update on how he is doing,but there is two things that I take issue about what you wrote.(1) Your belief that he couldn't have deliberately deceived anyone. Are you aware there are numerous emails, pics, and phone calls from Marcel that proves differently? And (2) "Marcel is thriving and living a life that requires honesty." Well, hum, if he's really living that life of honesty then he would have openly addmitted to you that he had in fact deliberately deceived others in order to get everything he wanted. Just ask Marcel. He KNOWS!
sharon pratt wrote:
<quoted text>This is just an update for all of you who supported and prayed for my friend Marc. I am Marc's neighbor in brunswick maine and I am so blessed to know a man of such incredible character and integrity. Marc has truly turned his life around. He has gotten professional help and he is no longer the man who found solice in substances. I myself am an addict who has been in recovery for four years. It has been and continues to be a joy to be his close friend. In many ways we keep each other sober. to all you "haters" I have read all your responses and I am angered and saddened by your ignorance and arrogance. You obviously know NOTHING about addiction and depression. Did you ever stop to consider that Marc, like all of us, had issues that you will never know about or understand. I refuse to beleive that my friend deliberately deceived anyone. No one will ever know his pain. Until you walk in his shoes I suggest you shut up! Marc has become a very beloved friend and he has helped me through some of the darkest times in my life and he has helped me to heal the pain I felt after facing breast cancer. Marc is thriving and living a life that requires honesty. He is happy. Most importantly he has faced his deamons and he is sober. sharon
justice

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

The marc and jamie situation. Was it an inuendo that there is a situation involving drug usage among the local news station employees? I wouldn't be surprised if the local news station employees were involved with each other when having orgies....sex,drugs,booze! Look at how some of them look hung over when they are on T.V.
just a reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Today we focus and thrive on negative and drama....if we don't have I we create it...forgive, help, truly want the best for people...why drag out the pain and judge a person for so many years? Doesn't Marcel deserve to ne forgiven? We as a society, shouldn't we be kinder and want a person to get well?
Ms Donna

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

My Mother and I were just talking about our favorite weather people and we both agreed that Marc is our favorite of all time! I remember him staying up all night to do his job, so well. He would have the five o clock shadow. HA!

We miss you Marc and wish we could see you again.
Whenever those storms roll around here, we think of you with fond memories.
THANK YOU!!!
Much love sent your way from me and my mama.
Rho

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Love it when I get the email alerts that this thread got bumped! So anyone have any news on our hero?
Jennifer

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

I loved Marc as an meteorologist!! He was the best and when he was faced with his difficulties I was very concerned for him. I prayed for him and thought about him over the years. To read this wonderful update regarding him these many years later is awesome!! Yes everyone has a past, has history, has demons but thankfully and with great support and love we get through it. Congratulations Marc, if anyone deserves a second chance it's you!! Keep your head up and "Stay the course"
Always wishing you the best....Jennifer....
MartyG

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Jennifer wrote:
I loved Marc as an meteorologist!! He was the best and when he was faced with his difficulties I was very concerned for him. I prayed for him and thought about him over the years. To read this wonderful update regarding him these many years later is awesome!! Yes everyone has a past, has history, has demons but thankfully and with great support and love we get through it. Congratulations Marc, if anyone deserves a second chance it's you!! Keep your head up and "Stay the course"
Always wishing you the best....Jennifer....
Marc is a fine Man i wish he was still on the air here in south west va
tennwife

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Who is Marcel?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 270 of270
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Roanoke Forum right now

Search the Roanoke Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
noisy 22 min overwhelmed 1
Right of Way on bicycle ltr to editor Mon Lunch bucket 1
Battle Flag Sun Empty Chair 1
Sunday Ltr to Editor Sun Lunch Bucket 1
Battle flag removal W&L college Sun Lunch Bucket 4
W & L University Jul 17 Times 3
White Women Black Men Jul 17 Chris Rock 13
•••
•••