Marc Lamarre speaks

Many of you have kept him in your thoughts and prayers for the past few weeks. February 2, emergency crews were called out to a suspected drug overdose, and found former Storm Team 10 Meteorologist Marc ... Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Lacy Jackson

Vinton, VA

#1 Mar 7, 2006
As a not so close friend of Marc's, I am very happy to see that he has been released from rehab. But it saddens me to know that he has lost his job and is moving home to Maine. Marc is a wonderful person that is very good with the local kids that he has worked with. It saddens me to know that there are things in the world now days such as all these bad drugs that can bring down wonderful people like Marc. I only wish him the best and i still consider him a great person and wonderful friend!
S Dondelinger

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2006
It made me sick reading this interview. If Lamarre can't, won't or is to strung out to answer to what caused his "problem" how is a drug dealer in trouble? Is the accused "drug dealer" even guilty of being a drug dealer?
Lamarre is clearly not taking any responsibility and seems guilty of abusing some drugs. It was clear to me after reading the article he(Lamarre)uses poor judgement. Why was the interviewer not informed of the test results before the interview? Now that would have been good gossip TV. Are you protecting your own?
Linda McMinis

Roanoke, VA

#3 Jun 15, 2006
I truely miss Marc on doing the weather. Sure he made a mistake, but haven't we all. I think WSLS should give him another chance.
Ricky Davis

Roanoke, VA

#4 Jun 25, 2006
There hasn't been a correct weather forcast since he left either.
From a fomer Virginian

Greensboro, NC

#6 Jul 7, 2006
Quote: "As a not so close friend of Marc's, I am very happy to see that he has been released from rehab. But it saddens me to know that he has lost his job and is moving home to Maine. Marc is a wonderful person that is very good with the local kids that he has worked with. It saddens me to know that there are things in the world now days such as all these bad drugs that can bring down wonderful people like Marc. I only wish him the best and i still consider him a great person and wonderful friend!"

Hello....it saddens me to think that you would think that this "bad" drug did this to Marc. Marc did this to Marc. Every person has a responsibility to take care of themselves and yes, that includes not injecting yourself with some poison that could potentially kill you. As far as good drugs and bad drugs....what???? So now there's good heroin and bad heroin....darn, if only Marc had gotten hold of some "good" heroin he'd still have his job and he'd still have his habit. One word: ACCOUNTABILITY!
Robbie Irby

United States

#7 Jul 31, 2006
I am a BIG fan of Marc Lamarre and Jamey Singleton truly is one of my heroes. I pray for them both daily -- life is hard and some people find drugs as a coping skill. We have to all encourage them and pray for them -- show them that we care instead of beating them while they are down. I have never met Jamey Singleton, but hope to one day! Please share personal stories if you are friends of either man at robbieirby@earthlink.net
Win the bet

Greensboro, NC

#8 Jul 31, 2006
And, part of supporting someone is to speak the cold hard truth. Speaking the truth to someone is not "beating them when they're down". Yes, definitely pray for Marc Lamarre...he will certainly need help from above to conquer this 'demon'.
Megan

Roanoke, VA

#9 Aug 5, 2006
Does Marc Lamarre need to face the hard cold truth? You bet he does! After watching the two tv interviews he did he's clearly still in denial and won't take reponsibility for what he had done. I'm not a fan of Jamey Singleton, but I will give him a little credit for coming out and openly admitting he was an addict. However, I don't believe he would have done so if Lamarre hadn't overdose. Pray for them? YES! But don't treat either one with kit gloves, they need to know the disappointment they caused to everyone who thought they were so great. Whatever their problems were they didn't solve them by injecting heroin into their selves. Think about the hundreds or millions of other people in this world who had or are suffering greater situations in their lives than these two did and they didn't turn to heroin for the solution. Singleton admitted he sought help, good for him. Lamarre stated he tried to cut back on his own. What? Common sense should have kicked in for him and made him realize he has to get professional help because he wouldn't be able to beat drug addiction on his own. What rubs me the wrong way is knowing he (unlike so many other people)had every available resource at his fingertips to get help before this nearly killed him. And he didn't do it!
elicia

United States

#10 Aug 7, 2006
Well, I've read all the posts and am disappointed. Who here hasn't made bad decisions? Hmm? If you are perfect, fine, but I don't think anyone should be throwing stones, especially since you didn't know the whole story. Tonight it was made public Marc had NO heroine in his system. He'd taken some Lortab, which was wrong since it wasn't his prescription, but then he fell and hit his head. I've had head injuries and I know they can cause memory loss and other brain damage. I blame the woman who gave him the Lortab, and him for taking it. He should have gotten help, but many times people in the public eye are afraid to because of who might find out and turn on them. Many of you have turned on him before you even knew the whole story. I'm sorry for his brain damage, and consequences, but also for the friends who've proved they weren't his friends. I've prayed for Marc and Jamie. Everyone makes mistakes and has to deal with the consequences. We all hurt when we do, but for the sake of decency, can't you hold your ugly remarks till the whole story comes out, and even then stop to look in the mirror before you speak.
Lacy Jackson

United States

#11 Aug 8, 2006
Thanks Elicia... Nice to see that there is one other person in this damn town with some sense. I have known Marc for several years and told everyone that knew that i knew him that I did not believe that he had taken Heroine. NOW, that i am proven right.. I laugh at all you non-believers. The mix of the 2 drugs he did take was wrong and too much.. BUT.. it was not heroine. As far as the reports that Marc did do heroine and it just was not in his system that night.. I don't believe them either. I spent to much time with him to know that is not true either.
I am now curious as to why Jamie still has his job. Marc was fired on his death bed for now we know FALSE rumors. Marc has never admitted doing heroine, Jamie HAS.. So why does Jamie still have his job. I say fire him and VERY publicly apolgize to Marc and hire him back. I wish that I was an attorney. I would gladly sue Channel10 for Marc for free..........
Megan

Roanoke, VA

#12 Aug 8, 2006
It was also made public BEFORE he overdose on Xanax and Lortab that he was injecting Nubain into his stomach and between Singleton and himself they were taking 25 packets of heroin every two days.

I do wish and hope for the best for Marc for a full recovery.
Robbie Irby

Lynchburg, VA

#14 Aug 11, 2006
I was also on a report from WDBJ-7 that Marc Lamarre abused anabolic steriod, anti-depressants and Lortab. I counted him as one of my heroes, but never had the opportunity to meet him. I am not sure that Jamey Singleton was abusing heroin -- it may be steriods...just remember what he looked like when he first came on the air and he had now bulked up! Jamey has only come forward with "addictive substances" nothing specific. Please e-mail me at robbieirby@earthlink.net
Megan

Roanoke, VA

#15 Aug 13, 2006
Robbie,
Read Singleton answer in the interview he did with Denise Eck when she ask the question about heroin!
Susan

Roanoke, VA

#16 Aug 15, 2006
Lacy Jackson wrote:
Thanks Elicia... Nice to see that there is one other person in this damn town with some sense. I have known Marc for several years and told everyone that knew that i knew him that I did not believe that he had taken Heroine. NOW, that i am proven right.. I laugh at all you non-believers. The mix of the 2 drugs he did take was wrong and too much.. BUT.. it was not heroine. As far as the reports that Marc did do heroine and it just was not in his system that night.. I don't believe them either. I spent to much time with him to know that is not true either.
I am now curious as to why Jamie still has his job. Marc was fired on his death bed for now we know FALSE rumors. Marc has never admitted doing heroine, Jamie HAS.. So why does Jamie still have his job. I say fire him and VERY publicly apolgize to Marc and hire him back. I wish that I was an attorney. I would gladly sue Channel10 for Marc for free..........
Lacy,

The more you write the more convincing you are you don't have a clue who Marc Lamarre really is. To start with, in your first posting you claim to be a "not so close friend" and now you're telling the world you know he didn't take any heroin because you've spent alot of time with him over the years. Are we really suppose to take you seriously? Face these three facts: 1) The prosecutor in this case laid out the facts in court through statements and evidence from individuals (including from Marc himself) that Marc and Jamey Singleton bought and took heroin. 2) Two men are now going to "PRISON" because they plead "GUILTY" to distributing heroin to "MARC LAMARRE! " So your theory he didn't take any heroin has been proven wrong! 3) He kept the truth from MANY people that could have helped him if he had only been honest to them. Some people might jump to the conclusion that he couldn't tell the truth to these people because he was afraid the truth would get out and ruin his reputation because he's a public figure. That is a load of crap! The only thing he was afraid of was that his real friends might have actually stepped up and tried to stop him before it got to this point. He wasn't going to allow that to happen, so he lied and deceive each person with a different BS story to throw them off his trail with what he was really doing. The friend you think you have/had was doing ALOT of things behind your back and you didn't know it.
Kristen

Roanoke, VA

#17 Aug 19, 2006
Way to go Susan!!

You are so right on all three of your facts!! I had to learn the hard way that the person I thought was my friend for a long time was no friend afterall!! He fooled me and many other people and that is his real shame!!

K
NewsMan

Roanoke, VA

#18 Sep 2, 2006
Lacy Jackson wrote:
Because Marc had more than one chance from management. He chose not to abide by his agreements for his previous abuse issues.
Sherry

Roanoke, VA

#19 Sep 2, 2006
Wsls management doesn't owe Marc Lamarre a public apology because they fired him. It was revealed in court Lamarre had to be taken off the air during a weathercast because he was so high. And as Shane Moreland stated, they gave him two chances (there may have been even more chances they gave him behind the scene that we aren't aware of)but he blew his second chance.I ask you Lacy what was management suppose to do with him? If Lamarre had shown them (management) that he was serious able staying clean don't you think they would have kept him! They were aware of his popularity and knew it was going to hurt them with veiwership if they got rid of him. They just didn't have any other choice except to fire him because Lamarre didn't give them any other choice.It's Lamarre who owes a public apology to WSLS and to all the veiwers.
Lacy Jackson wrote:
Not Just Human

Lynchburg, VA

#20 Oct 4, 2006
It really bothers me that people got so indignant when the drug problems of Marc LaMarre and Jamey Singleton were made public. I think it's pretty evident that WSLS bent over backwards to keep mum on the situation until they absolutely had to say something, and then only to reassure viewers that Marc hadn't died.
I understand the importance of keeping medical information private, but if Marc and Jamey's medical details were really made public, I don't think there'd be so much speculation about what really happened and why. Any time the police are called to investigate ANYTHING, whether it's a dog killed on the highway or a heroin overdose, it becomes part of public record. The information that was released was part of the police report on Marc's overdose, not privileged medical information.
What bothers me more than anything is the repeated use of the words "human", "mistake", and "disease". I'm human, meaning I am not an android or anything; I've made mistakes, like taking the wrong exit off the highway; and I've had diseases, like the common cold. I don't recall anything that says the very definition of humankind is that we're a screwed-up bunch of creatures who can't control our impulses and don't know right from wrong. You don't "fall into" drug use, especially the level of heroin use that Marc and Jamey were reportedly into.
People laughed at Nancy Reagan's "Just Say NO!" campaign, but really, is it any more complicated than that??? People have commented that they've been offered all kinds of things at parties, but if that's the case, why keep going to those parties and still hang around with those people??? Even if nobody seems to mind when you first say no, the opportunity, temptation, pressure, or whatever you want to call it is still there. You have to REMOVE yourself from that situation, and if that means you aren't hanging around with the popular and supposedly "beautiful" people, so be it. Marc and Jamey are both a hell of a long way out of high school, so you would think they wouldn't get mixed up in that kind of crap. They had nothing to prove, and it seems they actually sought out their suppliers instead of casually bumping into them at a party. Guys like Marc and Jamey don't travel in the same circles as scum like Honaker and Hadden -- drugs would be the only thing that would bring that foursome together.
It also disturbs me greatly to read comments like "Hey, what's the big deal? What they did in private is their business." Well I'm sorry, but drug use is NEVER just the addict's business. You can keep yourself locked in a room all by yourself when you get high and you're STILL harming others by creating a market for that stuff. Sadly, people don't keep themselves locked up when they use, and apparently many of them actually go on TV when they're high. People have to stop looking at drugs as just something people do for fun, and start realizing that it's a major problem. When you start trivializing it because you can't admit to yourself how much harm you're really doing to yourself, your friends and family, and society in general, you already have a problem. That even describes people who've never even touched drugs, because the attitude that it doesn't really matter that your wife, husband, mom or dad does drugs because you love them and they're just trying to cope with life enables them to carry on destroying their lives and yours, as well as helping to downplay just how serious drug abuse is.
There's no such thing as a "recreational" drug, not even alcohol. Until people start realizing that the purpose of any drug, legal or otherwise, is to alter your brain chemistry (and until people start realizing that messing up your brain is a BAD thing), we're never gonna drag ourselves out of this mess. Sure, you're only human, but when you turn off those switches in your brain by toxifying your body, you become sub-human. Humans make mistakes, drug users cause tragedy.
Sherry

Roanoke, VA

#21 Oct 14, 2006
Thank you. What you wrote is how many people feel about the situation. But I want to add one thing, lets not forget all the wonderful men and women in law enforcement who are risking their lives everyday to try to put a stop to drugs and drug dealers from getting into our communities and schools. For every dealer they take off our streets and send to jail there are just as many buyers/users who aren't being held equally accountable and can go back into our communties and find another idiot to supply them their drugs. Drug dealers and their buyers/users go hand and hand, without one there is no need for the other. The law needs to change that ALL (dealers and users) go to jail TOGETHER! And it should never matter if the user/s are considered as "local celebrities". The law should apply to them also.
Robbie Irby

Lynchburg, VA

#22 Oct 21, 2006
Does anybody personally know Jamey Singleton and what effects this had on his personal life? Is it true that Jamey Singleton is gay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Info about Lee Palmer 22 hr ScrpioGrl 9
Best bar Sat Curious 1
dragon style mc (Feb '12) Nov 19 Dragonluver 37
allie? underwood? Nov 17 marinesniper 1
Debate: Marijuana - Roanoke, VA (Aug '10) Nov 17 Rich 99
ashley long Nov 15 Britt 13
Murder at the zmart (Apr '09) Nov 11 Chris Patterson 4
Roanoke Dating
Find my Match

Roanoke People Search