Victim's brother jailed after fatal s...

Victim's brother jailed after fatal shooting at Roanoke pool

There are 3 comments on the Star-telegram.com story from May 19, 2008, titled Victim's brother jailed after fatal shooting at Roanoke pool. In it, Star-telegram.com reports that:

“We don't know exactly what happened.”

By MELISSA VARGAS ROANOKE -- A weekend trip for a Sweetwater family turned deadly early Sunday when a shooting at a hotel pool left a woman fatally wounded and landed her younger brother in jail.Keli Atkins, ... via Star-telegram.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-telegram.com.

amber hollowell

United States

#1 May 22, 2008
some of you that are writing and leaving comments about this situation don't even know this family. I have known aric for years. He is a kind person and loved keli very much. He was very protective of her. He never would have done this intentionally. Everyone wants to sit here and say he is grown he should have known the gun was real. Well put yourself in his shoes, would you have questioned that the gun was real if your brother in law would actually leave a real one on the table out where anyone could have picked it up? No one can put blame on either one of these two. It was a bad choice in judgement on both parts. I hope you people know that the family can see and read these sites. They are dealing with enough having to bury their daughter and loved one tomarrow. Why don't for once Sweetwater stop the rumors and Judgement and pointing fingers. If you have something to say keep it to yourself. you don't think Aric is suffering with having to live with this the rest of his life. Seriously leave the rumors alone. Let Keli rest in peace. My heart is with you Mcgowen family and ARIC!!
Amy Frye Olsen

Ludlow, MA

#2 May 24, 2008
Keli and I were the best of friends back in high school. My heart is truly broken over this. There wasn't a day that didn't go by that I didn't think of some of the crazy things Keli and I did. Rest in peace Keli. I love you and god bless your wonderful family
Rodney Ernhart

United States

#3 Apr 20, 2009
Keli and I were the best of friends back in high school. My heart is truly broken over this. There wasn't a day that didn't go by that I didn't think of some of the crazy things Keli and I did. Rest in peace Keli. I love you and god bless your wonderful family

Shocked! I had no idea! Keli will be missed! I will NEVER forget her smile!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should Fort Worth rename Jefferson Davis Park? ... 10 hr Chris Buis 2
News Gold medal pianist to play at Walk Hall 21 hr taylance 3
Review: Clinic For Special Surgery - Linden Dil... (Aug '09) Aug 20 Lookingthru 2
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Aug 19 Deb G 311
lance coporal garrett caudill adulterer Aug 15 xboxnygga 1
Paschal HS LGBT Bathrooms And Showers Aug 15 Rusty Fralia 3
Why so many homes for sale on Bristol Street? (Jul '15) Jul '15 Anonymous 1

Roanoke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roanoke Mortgages