Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8245 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

ALIEN BABY

Woodbine, NJ

#7643 Apr 9, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
When was it implanted? Check your lot# again. File a adverse event report. Alien Baby i just got back and the great loss of All Meshed Up will be felt by all on this site.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cf...
Blair, good to hear from you. I was off the site for a few weeks, we are buying a house 1000+miles away and it was our wedding anniversary so we were in Florida but now back in Jersey and I am just sad that All Meshed isn't on anymore. I hope that he is just fed up with the site as opposed to being actually sick/ill even though the mesh has made everyone sick or ill in one way or another. I haven't gone back through so many pages to see why he chose to go off. Hopefully he will pop on once in awhile because he is often thought about, his health and wellbeing.....
I am beyond frustrated with Pops situation. His stomach is worse, he is so stubborn he wont go to the hospital,just his pain doc once a month who just writes a scrip, doesn't treat the issue....I want him to get an updated CT scan to see whats changed but I think he is afraid of what they will find? I get that, but my opinion is knowing whats wrong might be helpful to relieve some of his pain but its easy for me to suggest something when its not my body suffering.....how are you feeling? I haven't heard back from that damn news lady, time to put the pressure on again...Davol Bard are so full of s**t it never ceases to amaze me that they just skate through this whole mess of victims without realizing the extensive damage done to so many. Wish I could figure out a way to put pic of Pops abdomen on here....everyone try to have a decent day.
ALIEN BABY

Woodbine, NJ

#7644 Apr 9, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You......I have went to three hospital times now, that sticker is NOWHERE to be found, they do not have an answer to WHY? So frustrating, I've just had it, and do not know where to turn next..
That plain stinks. Im sure you have done this too but if not, the doctors office or doctor/surgeon who did the actual operations> Call or visit in person your local senator of congressman, assemblyman, someone with a little political power who might be willing to put some pressure on the team of medical *professionals* who worked on you. I don't know what the laws are in your state regarding how long the records have to be kept. DONT GIVE UP we all understand your frustration and having doors slammed in our faces so you are not alone.

Since: Jan 13

Lake Villa, IL

#7645 Apr 10, 2013
WOW!!! Are you f-ing kidding me? I just -thought- I posted a very long story on how I feel about all of this after waking up at 3 am again and they aren't posting it?
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7646 Apr 10, 2013
Anyone have body wide pain hissing in ears body cold and numb constipated and urine retention difficulty swallowing along with goin pain and numbness
riverrat

Winona, MN

#7647 Apr 10, 2013
terlin look into these high blood pressure? diabetic? both ?
Terlin

Ann Arbor, MI

#7648 Apr 11, 2013
riverrat wrote:
terlin look into these high blood pressure? diabetic? both ?
docs have nothing but high blood presure that fluctuates

Lake Villa, IL

#7649 Apr 11, 2013
Terlin wrote:
<quoted text> docs have nothing but high blood presure that fluctuates
Have you seen a Neurologist? If not, you need to see one and have an MRI done, from what I have read it sounds like MS. Have them do an MRI and you will know.
Sonia_59

Sydney, Australia

#7650 Apr 11, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
When was it implanted? Check your lot# again. File a adverse event report. Alien Baby i just got back and the great loss of All Meshed Up will be felt by all on this site.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cf...
Hi Blair. I know you are in contact with Richard "All Meshed Up". I have been in touch with him via email. I have not heard anything from him for a while, and wondering if he us O.K. Please let me know if you know anything. My latest up date is that I am treated like a leper, no Colorectal Surgeon or General Surgeon will touch me. The initial operation by that joke for a DR not only left me with bowel issues but I have a very large umbilical hernia. The General Surgeon keeps saying there is an infection in the bowel and therefore doing the hernia surgery is pointless until the bowel is sorted out. The Colorectal Surgeon is saying there is nothing he can do. I know that all of you are aware of this passing the buck, but what the hell do I do? I am still taking antibiotics and they are making me sick as well. Kindest regards Sonia
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7651 Apr 12, 2013
Sonia_59 wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Blair. I know you are in contact with Richard "All Meshed Up". I have been in touch with him via email. I have not heard anything from him for a while, and wondering if he us O.K. Please let me know if you know anything. My latest up date is that I am treated like a leper, no Colorectal Surgeon or General Surgeon will touch me. The initial operation by that joke for a DR not only left me with bowel issues but I have a very large umbilical hernia. The General Surgeon keeps saying there is an infection in the bowel and therefore doing the hernia surgery is pointless until the bowel is sorted out. The Colorectal Surgeon is saying there is nothing he can do. I know that all of you are aware of this passing the buck, but what the hell do I do? I am still taking antibiotics and they are making me sick as well. Kindest regards Sonia
Sonia, i am thinking he is taking a break, when you have been let down by the system put in place to fight for you and everyone passing the buck as in your case and mine as well it certianly plays with your mind. Your fight with the surgeons sounds like my story but when i got clear of them and found a plastic surgeon that cared and i had this new team of surgeons in a different province, it was like a heavy load taken off my chest. The surgeon who implanted and explanted the composix mesh, had told the true detials of what happened because of the mesh, instead of a major cover up with his colleagues and making me look like the bad guy. I never gave up and even had to prove he lied on my paper work and yes i did win, but it took a decade off my life. Sometimes in life we just got to walk away and i think All Meshed Up is moving on and putting one hundred precent of his time into his new relationship. I hope you find a way out of this nightmare, i spend a lot of money researching for the truth and i fought hard to get my abdominal wall repaired and medicare had to pay up for the tissue repair and put me back on my feet. Never give up!
patty

Eugene, OR

#7652 Apr 12, 2013
hello folks. I have been on topix for over a year and started by trying to find others who have had problems with the same mesh as my husband, the Atrium CQUR. Ive actually made friends with many others here, and feel that its time I updated those people with my husbands situation..As you may know, my husband and I have been investigating the C-Qur for some time and have talked to many like us who were injured and harmed by its implantation. We finally found national counsel which consists of three firms which have agreed to prosecute our case against Atrium - led by Aylstock, Witkin, Kreis & Overholtz. They have filed a half dozen suits including ours and hopefully we are that much closer to finally stopping Atrium's use of Omega 3 sprayed hernia mesh.We also filed an adverse event report with the FDA, which was one of our first steps. Ive seen a huge increase in the numbers of adverse event reports related to Atrium Medical corp just since the new year! All other meshes as well, an as usual, the manufacturers narratives are always the same, "NOT OUR FAULT". They choose to blame the surgeons, the patients, everyone but themselves. In fact, the FDA sent warning letters to Atrium Medical after a visit by the FDA to a manufacturing facility last year.No wonder there have been so many more adverse event reports concerning infections and so on. Yuck!On another note, I have been in contact with meshed up as well. I think he just really needed to focus on other things in his life right now. I miss his humor and good advice too. Just remember, the health issues that occur after the implant of these meshes are NOT YOUR FAULT. Dont give up on your health and dont give up on trying to find a lawfirm to help you. We didnt, and now my husbands case has been filed.
patty

Eugene, OR

#7653 Apr 12, 2013
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>
That all sounds so familiar its scary but then there is "nothing" wrong with any of us we are all just "drug seekers" if you ask the surgeon who did this to me. I found an MD who is a pain Doc and he uses Wholistic, Chinese,natural and regular western medicine. He is amazing he hasn't fixed it but has made it so I am not ready to jump off a bridge. Just a little treat from God given to me via the doc is a topical cream with Marcaine 2% and DMSO rub it in over the area and use plenty in about 5 minutes you get relief even if its only temporary. Any relief is great if your pain is like mine it feels like I have been kicked in the balls and then had my left nut put in a vice that's were my stomach used to be before this all started. Any relief no mater how little or for how long is welcome.
Mitch- There is NO shame is having to be on pain management. There is NO shame is becoming addicted to the medications, its IS going to happen, its merely the minds way of telling the body what it needs. Any pain management doctor, or surgeon for that matter worth his salt will tell you the same thing. pain meds are highly addictive. Its not like you or anyone else went to grandmas medicine cabinet and stole her meds to get high. Its a totally different issue. These meds are prescribed for a reason. mesh surgery and the mesh pain later is REAL. I suppose my husband is fortunate enough to have found doctors who actually care, actually know what they are doing. Drug abuse is a huge problem, but pain management is not drug abuse. Its no different that heart medication, high blood pressure medication or diabetes medication. There is a reason for it. The truth is that if the mesh ahd worked, had not caused debilitating pain, then people wouldn't need pain meds now would they? I wish you the best of luck.
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7654 Apr 12, 2013
Has anybody have a neurectomy after having the mesh removed, and what was your outcome? Had mine removed and now in worse groin pain than before, had it done last October.
Patty

Eugene, OR

#7655 Apr 13, 2013
rodneyenriquezatyahoocom wrote:
I had a double hernia repair 6 years ago my pain becomes so uncomfortable during sex I can't continue. my doctor says the mess in plant was not on the recall list.this has effected my life.what can i do. It has ruined my life and has taken my sex life.please help..
Um most meshes are not on the recall list. What is your mesh? What manufacturer? You can ask your doctor who implanted it. if you want help here, you are going to have to let us know what type you have so we can help. By the way, all meshes are garbage.

Lake Villa, IL

#7656 Apr 13, 2013
Seeing as the hospital nor Dr. that did my Right Inguinal Surgery in Jan. 1995 are not cooperating as they should I would appreciate any info given. Brief History: Surgery 1995 as said, problems urinating(starting) approx. 2002? Diagnosed with MS Sept. 2012, approx. 1 month later, slight pressure in exact area where scar is. Now constant strange, scary.....severe pressure, pain, odd pains, very hard to explain, understand? Getting worse by the day. Dr.'s, including Neurologist, Urologist, Radiologist, Surgeon(from same hospital that did surgery, mistake)Surgeon looked at previous MRI for me before injections in hip for another MRI, nothing? Orthopedic Surgeon...I don't know what to look for? Really?Mr. on my business card includes Magna cum Laude Harvard> who gives a shit, means nothing to me or for that matter anybody you arrogant-----. Told 5-6 months ago hospital had no record of surgery. Few weeks ago decided I've had enough, find my records or I wont leave unless handcuffed(Meaning, not leaving, FIND IT!!) His doors were locked so I went to med. records, amazingly, Nice Lady says "This is only my 3rd day working here, I'll look" Found em, WOW! No Manufacturer, No Lot #, EVERYTHING ELSE...polypropylene, Prolene, tension free type?#0 Nurulon? 0 Maxon? 3-0 Vicryl? I know this is most likely Ethicon, possible Bard Marvel???(wife has my notes, not sure on that) Does this mean anything to anyone? Tried making it short, keeping my cool. All Meshed Up's post hit it right on, time to do something about this, via the Surgeon, my Lawyer, Senator, whatever it takes.....I need this ruled out, it may not be my problem, if it isn't, I will not let this go....over 7,000 posts on this site alone, time to do something about this EVERYONE! Any info would be great...Have a Great Day, and go to your "higher ups" and lets get this out...Praying for each and everyone of you that are serious on here....
ALIEN BABY

Woodbine, NJ

#7657 Apr 14, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
Seeing as the hospital nor Dr. that did my Right Inguinal Surgery in Jan. 1995 are not cooperating as they should I would appreciate any info given. Brief History: Surgery 1995 as said, problems urinating(starting) approx. 2002? Diagnosed with MS Sept. 2012, approx. 1 month later, slight pressure in exact area where scar is. Now constant strange, scary.....severe pressure, pain, odd pains, very hard to explain, understand? Getting worse by the day. Dr.'s, including Neurologist, Urologist, Radiologist, Surgeon(from same hospital that did surgery, mistake)Surgeon looked at previous MRI for me before injections in hip for another MRI, nothing? Orthopedic Surgeon...I don't know what to look for? Really?Mr. on my business card includes Magna cum Laude Harvard> who gives a shit, means nothing to me or for that matter anybody you arrogant-----. Told 5-6 months ago hospital had no record of surgery. Few weeks ago decided I've had enough, find my records or I wont leave unless handcuffed(Meaning, not leaving, FIND IT!!) His doors were locked so I went to med. records, amazingly, Nice Lady says "This is only my 3rd day working here, I'll look" Found em, WOW! No Manufacturer, No Lot #, EVERYTHING ELSE...polypropylene, Prolene, tension free type?#0 Nurulon? 0 Maxon? 3-0 Vicryl? I know this is most likely Ethicon, possible Bard Marvel???(wife has my notes, not sure on that) Does this mean anything to anyone? Tried making it short, keeping my cool. All Meshed Up's post hit it right on, time to do something about this, via the Surgeon, my Lawyer, Senator, whatever it takes.....I need this ruled out, it may not be my problem, if it isn't, I will not let this go....over 7,000 posts on this site alone, time to do something about this EVERYONE! Any info would be great...Have a Great Day, and go to your "higher ups" and lets get this out...Praying for each and everyone of you that are serious on here....
So glad you did not take no for an answer...just that fact that "the new girl" in medical records, who obviously had NOT BEEN BRIEFED on keeping the truth from you FOUND records at all shows what a huge coverup this whole mesh mess is....keep searching. Davol BArd is Pops composix e/x mesh manufacturer....the "Kugel" mesh too is from them....

Lake Villa, IL

#7658 Apr 14, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad you did not take no for an answer...just that fact that "the new girl" in medical records, who obviously had NOT BEEN BRIEFED on keeping the truth from you FOUND records at all shows what a huge coverup this whole mesh mess is....keep searching. Davol BArd is Pops composix e/x mesh manufacturer....the "Kugel" mesh too is from them....
Thank You, Isn't that odd that the new lady found the records? I've just had it with this, I need to know, simple as that. Between Dr.'s either not caring, lying/covering this up, it just amazes me that people I always thought were there to help are actually just plain evil, not all Dr.'s, but the fact that even ONE is(and we all know its a lot more than 1) is just plain wrong, again that simple.....I've had it, this whole post should not even exist, just so wrong.

Lake Villa, IL

#7659 Apr 14, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
One last thing, I could not have made it any more clear to them, I am not going to stop until you give me answers I have to have. As I said, this might not be my problem, just being able to know is all I am asking, why is this so difficult? It's just so wrong(evil) that this can happen 1 time to 1 person. I am not going to let this bother me anymore, I am not taking "No", or "We don't have your records" or We don't know" for an answer anymore, I never should have had to, again as simple as that
Blair

Montague, Canada

#7660 Apr 14, 2013
AnySuggestion wrote:
<quoted text>
One last thing, I could not have made it any more clear to them, I am not going to stop until you give me answers I have to have. As I said, this might not be my problem, just being able to know is all I am asking, why is this so difficult? It's just so wrong(evil) that this can happen 1 time to 1 person. I am not going to let this bother me anymore, I am not taking "No", or "We don't have your records" or We don't know" for an answer anymore, I never should have had to, again as simple as that
You are so right, shame on the system. I was asking so many questions to get to the truth the surgeon walked out on me and had all his colleages on his side. It was a fight to get a second honest opinion but after ten years i got results and pay back. The system failed us all, and it is because no one in the medical system wants to get sued by a patient. Lies after lies. Not telling the full truth in the OP reports after the mesh has been removed. The surgeon asks himself was it me that screwed up or the mesh?

Lake Villa, IL

#7661 Apr 14, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right, shame on the system. I was asking so many questions to get to the truth the surgeon walked out on me and had all his colleages on his side. It was a fight to get a second honest opinion but after ten years i got results and pay back. The system failed us all, and it is because no one in the medical system wants to get sued by a patient. Lies after lies. Not telling the full truth in the OP reports after the mesh has been removed. The surgeon asks himself was it me that screwed up or the mesh?
10 years, wow, sorry to hear you had to go through this for so long, that should have been a 10 minute read, that simple, not telling the full truth? Unreal. Great to hear you got your results, and the pay back you deserve. Needed to hear that, Thank You Blair. I have an appointment with my Neurologist in 2 weeks, I am going to see if I can get in earlier, she is the one Dr. I feel I can trust, and see what she has to say about everything that has been going on. Hopefully she knows who I can go to, figure this out, and I can move on. This is just wrong, good for you.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7662 Apr 15, 2013
It seems that I am no longer able to post on here for some reason. I have tried twice today with no success. I find this rather disturbing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jews or a thorn in the worlds side (Oct '10) 2 hr Falcon2891 7
News Donald Trump pauses for a water break 4 hr Dynastic Drama 71
News Tarrant-County 52 mins ago 3:29 p.m.Granbury wo... (Nov '16) Nov 15 Ron Jeremy 2
Poll what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Nov 15 Ron Jeremy 319
Sexual Harrasment At Paschal High School In The... Nov 12 Annette Klemow 4
anything you want to know about auctioneers Nov 9 myersjackson 2
Why so many homes for sale on Bristol Street? (Jul '15) Jul '15 Anonymous 1

Roanoke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roanoke Mortgages