Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8189 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

#7495 Mar 10, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
AMU, I mustve been confused as well...The funny thing is this lady asked me what was Pop looking for out of this, at the beginning I was uninformed and thought that the compensation page on davol bard, the reimbursement page, I told her her that two of the procedures that Pop had were reimburseable procedures, have found out since that that is the reimbursement for the doctors/hospitals/ins co's...my mistake. Ive learned since then that it doesnt matter what type of procedure or disaster may have happened to you, getting compensation is not feasible, its about the priciple now. Someone needs to accept responsibilty, maybe tell the victims that the fault was theirs, money would be nice but what amount could really make up for everything? I dont know what "dollar amount" would give Pop back 8 years of his manhood, pride, self esteem, productivity, lack of "consortium"(did you see that in that other case the husband got paid for that??) and at the least STOP using the crap in more people. We were with Pop today and when I looked at his stomach I was ill. Its worse, its so discombobulated out of proportion, On the good side his B.M.'s are still normal, so I told him if that doesnt continue then he needs to go to the hospital ASAP. He said he will call us from the ambulance. Im afraid he is bleeding internally maybe or something is just wrong in there because the shape is now like ALIEN BABY TRIPLETS. He is a tough man and doesnt like to admit he is hurting, he doesnt take as much pain meds as they give him he says they dont really help him so why take them. I dont know how Ill help him physically but mentally I want to try and help him find satisfaction. I told him about all of you and he was shocked but I think it gave him a weird sense of confort that he is not alone. I will keep bugging the news lady, Ill let everyone know what happens, I think she knows Im not the type to go away. I do remember getting a response from the FDA after I inquired as to why I could not find the report but I will have to go back and see if I did receive the immediate response. Pops email file has gotten to many pages at this point. Ill go through, and let you know. Wait, I have a printed copy of it so I mustve done it right? I will figure it out. Have a great night everyone. Feel well.
I am glad you told pops he is not alone, that will help him. You are learning lots, go to the court page i posted, click on 1842 MDL, read all about the two trials, Whitfield lost the first trial, the Thorpes won on ring break and yes the wife in this case got a consortium payout. I looked at the reimbursement payouts also, no problem to pay them, they will get their money back selling the mesh back to them. The system to protect us all the FDA are just collecting money from all these mesh companys. What happened to proof that they are safe. Time to get back to the basics of testing everything before it is released into the market place. Until they prove the meshs, the goverment will be paying out big time. There are more and more mesh victims every day, surely the health system will catch on that these meshs are eating into their bottom line. Keep up the fight for pops, he is very lucky to have you guys.
RAL

Kissimmee, FL

#7496 Mar 11, 2013
New to this Forum.
Trying to understand your Forum name. ramshawed2000? Have you had surgery by Dr Ramshaw? If so did you have any problems? Was the outcome good, bad or ugly? Did Dr Ramshaw repair any past hernia failures? Please let me know.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7497 Mar 11, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> You are so right! I just received a letter from my lawyer,dismissing my case after 6 year because I would not settle. As u said,if u received any payout,count your blessings.
I think you may have misstated what the lawyer did. The court will dismiss a case. The Lawyer dropped your case because you would not settle. The reason being is that to get a single persons case in front of judge and be able to win that case takes a lot of money and time. As Blair rightly stated, all of these Hernia mesh cases have been "won" because of technicalities. The ring break on the Kugel Mesh patches is the perfect example of this. We all on this forum are convinced that it is the MESH that is doing us harm That is the basis of all of our complaints. But the manufacturers are not going to let that determination be given and the FDA is complicite with that. I say this because if the FDA comes out and says " Mesh ( Polypropolene, Polyethalene etc.) is bad for implants and bad for people" then ALL manufacturers of mesh are in trouble. The manufacturers would have faced lawsuits out the wazoo BECAUSE OF THE MESH. By allowing a these cases to be settled on technicalities ( the Ring break, Dr.'s not informing patients etc.) the manufacturers can pay a very small judgment. The Courts can say that justice has been served, the Lawyers get BIG bucks and the mesh victims get screwed. Your Lawyer, right, wrong or indifferent does not have the time or money to get YOUR case won in court. That is why we have these MDL's. Get all the WORTHY victims together and have one payout. Its easy for the Court. Easy for the Lawyers. And its especially easy for the Manufacturers who have paid EVERYBODY OFF includeing our own governmental agency, the FDA.. The fact that your Lawyer would just drop you when you are not happy with the settlement is disgraceful. Unfortunately he is in it for the money. He is not there to be your friend. I have seen this AND experienced this over and over again when it comes to Mesh cases. I hope that when it all comes to fruition that we will all have Justice. Not just the "Lucky" few.......Best Wishes
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7498 Mar 11, 2013
Catalog Number SPMH
Device Problem Material erosion
Event Type Injury Patient Outcome Required Intervention
Manufacturer Narrative
(b)(4). Conclusion: no conclusion can be drawn at this time. Should additional information be obtained, a supplemental 3500a form will be submitted accordingly. This is one of two medwatches being submitted as two devices were involved in this event. See also medwatch 2210968-2011-01581. The same patient is represented in each medwatch.
Event Description
It was reported that the patient underwent a surgical procedure on (b)(6) 2007 and mesh was used. The patient has undergone multiple surgeries and revisionary procedures. No additional information was provided.
Manufacturer Narrative
(b)(4). In addition, a review of the batch manufacturing records was conducted and the batch met all finished goods release criteria.
Manufacturer Narrative
(b)(4). Bowel problems. Additional information: narrative - it was reported that due to mesh erosion, bowel disturbances and pain, mesh was excised(b)(6) 2007, and (b)(6) 2010.
Manufacturer Narrative
(b)(4). In addition, a review of the batch manufacturing records was conducted and the batch met all finished goods release criteria.
Manufacturer Narrative
Device Problem Other (for use when an appropriate device code cannot be identified)
Event Description
It was reported in an article published in the american journal of surgery, 2011, 202, 28-33, titled predictors of mesh explantation after incisional hernia repair that a patient underwent an incisional hernia repair and mesh was used. The mesh was explanted due to infection. No additional information was provided.
Manufacturer Narrative
(b)(4): no conclusion can be drawn at this time. Should additional information be obtained, a supplemental 3500a form will be submitted accordingly.
Catalog Number SPMII
Event Description
It was reported that the patient underwent a gynecological procedure on (b)(6) 2010 and a mesh was implanted. The patient experienced pain, erosion of her internal bodily tissue and other injuries following the procedure. The patient has undergone multiple surgeries and revisionary procedures. No additional information was provided.
Manufacturer Narrative
(b)(4). Conclusion: no conclusion can be drawn at this time. Should additional information be obtained, a supplemental 3500a form will be submitted accordingly. In addition, a review of the batch manufacturing records was conducted and the batch met all finished goods release criteria.
Catalog Number PML
Manufacturer Narrative
(b)(4). Conclusion: no conclusion can be drawn at this time. Should additional information be obtained, a supplemental 3500a form will be submitted accordingly.
Event Description
It was reported that the patient underwent a gynecological procedure on (b)(6) 2003 and a mesh was implanted. The patient experienced multiple complications, including erosion, formation of scar tissue, additional surgeries and neurologic compromise to her structures and tissues. No additional information has been provided.
Catalog Number SPMII
Manufacturer Narrative
(b)(4). Conclusion: no conclusion can be drawn at this time. Should additional information be obtained, a supplemental 3500a form will be submitted accordingly.
Event Description
It was reported that the patient underwent a surgical procedure on (b)(6) 2007 and mesh was implanted. It was reported that she experienced pain, erosion of her internal bodily tissue and other injuries following the procedure. It was reported that the patient has undergone multiple surgeries and revisionary procedures. No additional information was provided.
Search Alerts/Recalls20
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7499 Mar 11, 2013
**********What I have posted here is 2 FDA Maude reports from 2010and 2 reports from 2013. There have been 78 Ethicon Prolene or Polypropolene MAUDE reports this year alone. It is very important that all of us file reports to the FDA. What I wanted to show you all is what the MANUFACTURERS NERATIVE states. If you go to the MAUDE web site and search for whatever mesh product, you will see just about the same statement from the Manufacturers. Please note that they are waiting for the "Product" to come back to them to have it checked out. How many of you have had their mesh removed and then sent to the manufacturer? Call the Hospital where you had your mesh removed and ask them how many mesh products they have sent back. Here is one of the biggest problems we have. There is NO guidelines to what happens to a mesh product that has to be removed because it did not do what it was supposed to. The Hospitals have not been told by our FDA nor have there been any requests by the manufacturers for these meshs to be returned. Hence, "They are still waiting for them!" Very convenient that the one piece of evidence that we all need in a case against the manufacturers is destroyed almost immediately. And it continues........
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7500 Mar 11, 2013
1.In November of 2005, results from a study were published in the International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology relating to the comparison of the host response, architectural integration and tension strengths of polypropylene to portion small intestine, submucosa-derived implants including Cook’s Products. Implants from the SIS group showed a short term increase of thickness in the first 14 days. Formation of adhesions was significantly more extensive in the SIS group at 90 days. Tension strength increased over time in both groups but was significantly lower in the SIS group. Implants in the SIS group showed inflammatory response.
2.In October of 2008, results from a study were published in the Archives of Gastroenterology relating to the comparison of the repair of induced abdominal wall defects with Cook’s Surgisis Mesh and Covidien, Inc.’s Parietex. Both meshes induced skin erosions. There were paraneal adhesions to the surface of both types of meshes after 30 and 60 days. Meshes shrink and correspond to 1/3 of the original size and parietex caused less inflammatory process at the histologic evaluation.
3.In November of 2008, results from a study were published in Urology relating to reports of intense local and inflammatory reactions in patients undergoing pubovaginal sling or tape using a small intestinal graft. After implantation of 16 standard pubovaginal sling or tension-free tape procedures for stress urinary incontinence, using the Cook 4-ply stratasis or 8-ply stratasis-TF system, 31.3% had intense pain after surgery. One patient had undulation of the mons pubis that required surgical drainage. One patient had vaginal inflammation, with expulsion of graft material. Other patients had intense sheaf inflammation as confirmed on CT scan. This study confirmed previous case reports of inflammantory complications of small intestinal submucosa leading to the institution and cessation of use of Cook’s Products.
4.In January of 2009, results from a study were published in the Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B relating to the evaluation of Cook’s Surgisis Gold to other materials including CR Bards, Permacol, Epicon’s prolene mesh and life cells alederm in the context of human cells. The result of the study indicates that Surgisis Gold to inferior in aiding in the growth and activity of human cells than other products.
5.In October of 2011, results from a study were published in the Archives of Gastroenterology relating to the comparison of different biologic materials regarding relevant implant integration, shrinkage and foreign body reaction. Relating to Cook’s Products the integration of its product was insufficient and could detach easily from the underlying tissue, the penetration of fiber blasts and vessels was limited, foreign body reaction was pronounced, leading to persistent inflammation, and shrinkage was excessive in comparison to all other products.
6.In February of 2012, results from a study were published in Hernia relating to the comparison of different biologic meshes including Cook’s Surgisis Gold regarding the relative performance and efficacy as between two non-cross linked meshes and two cross-linked prosthesis. Major complications seen with Cook’s Products included that it appeared to be wrinkled and faulted by excessive shrinkage eliciting severe adhesions and a pronounced local inflammation characterized by foreign body giant cells.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#7501 Mar 11, 2013
Again here is a study showing a supposed benign mesh doing what it is NOT supposed to do.....
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7502 Mar 11, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> You are so right! I just received a letter from my lawyer,dismissing my case after 6 year because I would not settle. As u said,if u received any payout,count your blessings.
I judged this NUTS and INCENDIARY because it just plain sux that after all this time you're thinking you would find some justice and it pisses me off (Inflames me anger) that they did this to you and God knows how many others. Not on what anyone actually said, it was more my response to what I read. You are not alone Sam. We wish you well.....
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7503 Mar 11, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Alien Baby: Please let your Pop know that there are thousands like him out here. He needs to make sure he is not bleeding internally ASAP. I believe I know how he feels about all of this when he has to go to the hospital or the Dr.'s and tell people about what is happening to him. I believe most of us on this forum have experienced the look of disbelief, non-comprehension and misdiagnosis from the medical community. When you present actual literature about what mesh does they are "amazed" " they did not realize" " I will have to look into this" " are you sure its your mesh" " I have not heard this before" and on and on and on. You get really frustrated with supposed "smart" people that are supposed Doctors. When presented with something that goes counter to what they have learned in school or from some Medical Manufacturer Rep ( because we all know how genuine those company reps are!) they go bleary eyed and yawn. We are just "the patient" what would WE know? Your Pop needs to be taken to an expert that can diagnose him properly. I realize that that is easier said than done. But please tell him that he is NOT alone. And we ALL know exactly what he is going through. As far as the FDA goes, please keep all corespondence you have with them. You should have or should get a letter from the manufacturer also. They will ask all the same questions as the FDA and will also ask for records. I did cooperate with them as much as possible. It did not come to anything but they cannot deny that they did not recieve my records. You might try the Office of Criminal Investigation of the FDA and give them your info also. Please give my Regards and Best Wishes to your Father. And to you I say God Bless You.....
Thank you. I did go through Davol, sent all the records, YES,THEY ASKED FOR THE EXPLANTED PRODUCT, I was like where do I even go to find that lovely piece of infected deadness, they said that the hospital labs will usually hold on to them,,,,NOT> BUt I asked, got records, sent everything, they said his was a claim they would not compensate because of no proof it was the mesh itself that caused the problems. I did all that before I found you guys and then i got mad and called the news people, the government, the FDA, FBI, you name it, I called, anyone I could get on the phone and guess what, news flash....wait for it....THEY ALL PASS THE BUCK!! No lawyers will take it on(statute of limitations....I thought if you were a murderer then you were just that, a murderer, no statute on that) but these companies...oh, Im not going to get angrier, it does not help our cause. All we can do is just find that one person who will listen who is in the right place who can make a difference. Besides those of us on here who do make a difference for everyone else who has suffered. Im grateful we can come here, gripe, and people dont treat us like we are the nuts, everyone understands and has had the "looks" from the doctors like they are the crazy ones who dont know their own body. Its so simple I guess its complicated? You didnt have severe problems, but something minor that needed repair, had the mesh in/out, then problems exacerbated 1000fold? Is it me or is that too difficult for the average bear to understand? My brain hurts thinking about it LOL. HAve a good night everyone.
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7504 Mar 11, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
Again here is a study showing a supposed benign mesh doing what it is NOT supposed to do.....
Im sorry AMU, I just have to laugh after reading this it just blows my mind!! You are so right about the explanted product. What would they do if we had the shriveled up, malformed, diseased, infected piece of crap they used, do we really think they would admit fault then? If you guys could see Pops stomach, Im sure you all have your own scars and deformations from surgeries, Where can we post pics of mesh gone wrong? I got it ! Girls gone wild went viral, maybe we can do meshgonewrong and send it through cyberspace to show the people the horrors of what everyone has had to live with, and the "repair" the doctors made after explant looks like my two year old nephew did the surgery. AAHhhh, do ya think that when he took out the mesh and ALL THE MUSCLES AND TISSUES IT ADHERED TO there was nothing left to sew back together? It blows my mind and my blood pressure.....off for the evening, deep breaths. Think about it, MESHGONEWRONG.....everything "cute" gets exposure, why not the horrific conditions you all have been left in, oh yeah, the people like cute and fuzzy. Can you tell Im a tad incendiary today!!!
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7505 Mar 11, 2013
RAL wrote:
New to this Forum.
Trying to understand your Forum name. ramshawed2000? Have you had surgery by Dr Ramshaw? If so did you have any problems? Was the outcome good, bad or ugly? Did Dr Ramshaw repair any past hernia failures? Please let me know.
I dont know about Ramshaw, but welcome. Hope you can find some answers here or some peace anyway....good people on here willing to listen and who understand. I think most have had bad experiences with mesh products, and I remember something about that Dr a few pages back. You can go back and will be able to find more info the further back you go. Good luck to you.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7506 Mar 11, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know about Ramshaw, but welcome. Hope you can find some answers here or some peace anyway....good people on here willing to listen and who understand. I think most have had bad experiences with mesh products, and I remember something about that Dr a few pages back. You can go back and will be able to find more info the further back you go. Good luck to you.
Thanks for the positive feed back Alien Baby. All any of us try to do is put what IS ALREADY OUT THERE into the public. There is really no mystery as to what this synthetic material has been and continues to this day does to the unlucky patient. And when I talk about this, it is with the realization that there are some situations where a mesh product does work. The mesh product actually does what it is supposed to do. But we all know, we have all experienced and continue to be witness to the fact that this "Product" ( God, don't you love that description of whatever mesh from the MAUDE data?) as it is called, is inherently bad. We are witness to the undeniable "Blind Eye" by the FDA and the hypocritical way they deem products dangerous and recall them but not Mesh. I truly hate the thought that our Government and/or the FDA is complicite to this monumental travesty of thousands of men, women and unfortunately, children being guinea pigs to a dangerous "Product". Then we are witness to the way the Court system works with the Manufacturers and Lawyers to expedite another travesty by way of "Settlements" that do not give the victim Justice but enrich the lawyers and allow the defendent to walk virtually scott free. There can be no doubt that the FDA has not been forth comeing with the facts as they must know it. The facts are out there. They are open to the public if you know where to look. Time and Time again there has been, presented to the FDA, actual, factual well documented cases by the the hundreds if not thousands that they will not acknowledge. All of us have to send letters to your Attorney General of your state. Tell them with no doubt what has happened to you. There can be no other way than make the MAUDE reports. Make reports to the Manufacturers. Make a report to your Senator and Congressman. The question WILL have to come back to the FDA at some point in time. If that is what YOU feel about our situation then PLEASE start today.You have all heard about the Multi State Investigation into J&J and their meshs. We all need to make sure that our law makers know the facts also . Best Wishes......
Sam

Ponchatoula, LA

#7507 Mar 11, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text>I think you may have misstated what the lawyer did. The court will dismiss a case. The Lawyer dropped your case because you would not settle. The reason being is that to get a single persons case in front of judge and be able to win that case takes a lot of money and time. As Blair rightly stated, all of these Hernia mesh cases have been "won" because of technicalities. The ring break on the Kugel Mesh patches is the perfect example of this. We all on this forum are convinced that it is the MESH that is doing us harm That is the basis of all of our complaints. But the manufacturers are not going to let that determination be given and the FDA is complicite with that. I say this because if the FDA comes out and says " Mesh ( Polypropolene, Polyethalene etc.) is bad for implants and bad for people" then ALL manufacturers of mesh are in trouble. The manufacturers would have faced lawsuits out the wazoo BECAUSE OF THE MESH. By allowing a these cases to be settled on technicalities ( the Ring break, Dr.'s not informing patients etc.) the manufacturers can pay a very small judgment. The Courts can say that justice has been served, the Lawyers get BIG bucks and the mesh victims get screwed. Your Lawyer, right, wrong or indifferent does not have the time or money to get YOUR case won in court. That is why we have these MDL's. Get all the WORTHY victims together and have one payout. Its easy for the Court. Easy for the Lawyers. And its especially easy for the Manufacturers who have paid EVERYBODY OFF includeing our own governmental agency, the FDA.. The fact that your Lawyer would just drop you when you are not happy with the settlement is disgraceful. Unfortunately he is in it for the money. He is not there to be your friend. I have seen this AND experienced this over and over again when it comes to Mesh cases. I hope that when it all comes to fruition that we will all have Justice. Not just the "Lucky" few.......Best Wishes
You are right. The lawyer dropped my case. I was so hurt behind this,I said dismissed. Can't believe the lawyer was so unprofessional. They said the courts was tired of the kugel mesh cases.Even after not settling,the lawyer sent information to my health insurance without my consent and I received a demand letter for payment. I have informed insurance of this issue. Thank you all for being supportive and concerned and best of luck to everyone.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7508 Mar 12, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> You are right. The lawyer dropped my case. I was so hurt behind this,I said dismissed. Can't believe the lawyer was so unprofessional. They said the courts was tired of the kugel mesh cases.Even after not settling,the lawyer sent information to my health insurance without my consent and I received a demand letter for payment. I have informed insurance of this issue. Thank you all for being supportive and concerned and best of luck to everyone.
Believe me when I say that I know exactly what you mean. I was dropped by 2 law firms after the Supreme Court ruling some 5 years ago that you could not sue a medical manufacturer if the product in question had been approved by the FDA. I was new to the Mesh game, was still recovering from a couple of surgeries and knew I had at least 1 or 2 more coming. Bruce had called me and told me about the decision and within hours I no longer had a lawyer. Bruce's lawyer called him while he was on vacation in California ( the lawyer was on vacation. I don't think Bruce has had a vacation in the 6 years I have known him.) and dropped him after 4 years of waiting. Since that time I have been through just about every lawyer that is involved in mesh litigation with the same results. It is very disheartening as well discouraging that you cannot get representation when you know what has happened to you. As I have stated on here before, we are dealing with a system and a set of standards that none of us have seen or could have comprehended 10 years ago. Of course you have a case but no Lawyer wants the long hard fight. They want the relativly easy way out with an MDL that benefits them more than it does us. Its despicable the way these MDL's have been set up. The pittance that they have deemed adequate for the damage done is an out rage. All of us on here have had conversations with a friend or relative and when you tell them about and desribe what has and is happening to you, are they not sympathetic. When they know about what you have gone through and then you tell them that you cannot get a case do they not look at you as if you must not be telling the true story? Because anyone who would sit down and listen to your story then take a look at the scarring and disfigurment would have to believe that you have a 100% slam dunk case against whatever manufacturer. Right? So it is no wonder that when you tell that friend or relative you cannot get representation they think that you are not being truthful or forthcomeing about the "real" facts. Now imagine going to a Newspaper or TV station and trying to convince them to do a report about mesh and you give them the same story. How are they going to react? They will not do the story because it is beyond their comprehension how you/we can't get a case if we are telling the truth. Then when you tell them that the FDA is not helping you but is aiding the Medical Manufacturers, well, your just a nut case now! That is what I mean when I say we are living a different set of rules now. Not everybody! Just us mesh victims. The world still goes by the rules that we all grew up with but when it comes to mesh we are S.O.L.! So Sam, do not give up hope. Please believe me when I say that I have been there, done that many many times. It is a real blow to your belief system and what you believe is right. Stay healthy and try to stay positive. Get yourself well. Write to your Senators and Congressman. File a MAUDE report every other day if for nothing else the satisfaction of knowing your message is out there. Stay in touch. Let us know how you are doing. You are part of our Family now, Sam. Best Wishes......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7509 Mar 12, 2013
By the way Sam, my last Lawyer denial of representation was yesterday.....
ALIEN BABY

Ocean View, NJ

#7510 Mar 12, 2013
All Meshed Up wrote:
By the way Sam, my last Lawyer denial of representation was yesterday.....
Maybe Pops is better off with not even being able to get a lawyer to CONSIDER taking his on...instead of getting hopes up then blown. All Ive spoken to say they are not "doing hernia mesh"..whatever. Im praying the news lady will take it to the air. Cant count on that either so will keep filing the MAUDE's, if only for personal satisfaction that Im trying to accomplish something.
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7511 Mar 12, 2013
ALIEN BABY wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Pops is better off with not even being able to get a lawyer to CONSIDER taking his on...instead of getting hopes up then blown. All Ive spoken to say they are not "doing hernia mesh"..whatever. Im praying the news lady will take it to the air. Cant count on that either so will keep filing the MAUDE's, if only for personal satisfaction that Im trying to accomplish something.
I hope that the day is soon that we wake up with the news that the Feds have finally taken another look at the far reaching effects of mesh. They have to. They have no choice at some point. There has been too many victims now. And with the ever growing Gyno/Vaginal mesh cases being litigated throughout the country forming another massive MDL the Federal Government will have to intercede. 1. There was a lot of money spent on the elderly, disabled and poor repairing hernias, implanting bladder slings and other mesh products. How many of those victims on Government assistance much less mentioning the Veterans Administration are having "Adverse Reactions" to mesh? The Federal Government is going to want to be reimbursed.
2. The Insurance Company industry is going to scream bloody murder to be included in the reimbursment for medical expenses paid out and in anticipation of an onslaught of lawsuits. Been lots of money given to the Power Elites in Washington so they are in. Gotta protect the Status Quo as it were. 3. There will be the Trial Lawyers you will jump in with both feet and dream of owning an Island somewhere after the BIG MDL. So they of course with their huge lobby will be included. Its that Status Quo thing again. 4.There will be an out cry ( I can only hope.) about what the FDA did or didn't do and the same thing will happen to some poor schmuck as did with the manufacturers. Some other Harvard/Princeton/Yale Graduate will be placed in charge of the FDA and spout the same stuff as the last H/P/Y graduate, apologize to the Public and talk about reform. So the Feds will have to oversee that. 5. And finally there is going to be us. I can only imagine the vultures that are going to come out then. The Doctors suddenly "Seeing the Light" and saying they never liked the stuff anyway. The big Layers suddenly going through their call records and having some Call Center start calling all of those victims he "Dissed" some time back to try to get them to sign up before some other Big Lawyer signs you up. All of the medical help and legal help that has been denied us will suddenly be falling in our laps. And the Feds will be right there to make sure it goes the way they prescribe. And they will want to be a part of YOUR settlement too.
I know, I know I'm a cynical bastard it's true but as I have said before...there is too much money involved. Right, wrong or indifferent it's going to be about the money, who gets it and who the hell won't.
Terlin

Wayne, MI

#7512 Mar 12, 2013
Anybody get neurolgical symptoms from hernia mesh like ringing in ears sensitivities to sight sound and taste
Becky

Hermitage, TN

#7513 Mar 12, 2013
I had a perfix plug put in my abdomen in 2009. My white count has been slightly elevated every since. I have developed fatigue, joint pain and muscle pain. It keeps getting worse. Is this a reaction to the mesh?
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#7514 Mar 13, 2013
Terlin wrote:
Anybody get neurolgical symptoms from hernia mesh like ringing in ears sensitivities to sight sound and taste
You are the first one that has complained of those symptoms. Your ringing in the ears is called Tinitus and is not a condition that can be repaired. There are some Homeopathic remedies on the market that may or may not work. I have hearing aids given to me by the V.A. and though I have a small hearing loss their main function is to make "white noise" in the background so I don't notice the ringing as much. Your other symptoms are a new one also. I don't know how there "could be" a correlation to the mesh. But there have been some pretty funky other symptoms out there and these may be part of it. I will keep an eye out for similar symptoms. Best of Luck, Terlin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting Thu davila182 82
tonight may 20 at the aardvark - wade magee live! Wed WadeMageePromo 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Banfartos 708
Paschal High School LGBT Class of 83 Reunion Wed Wesly Shaw 8
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Tue Fartdog 843
Judge Cynthia Mendoza, Associate Judge of 360th... (May '14) May 15 victim to abuse a... 2
Paschal high School (Jul '14) May 15 Eric Trotter 13
More from around the web

Roanoke People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]