Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

Full story: PRWeb

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Comments (Page 329)

Showing posts 6,561 - 6,580 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Does anyone know what's going on with the new tax on medical devices? I know this is not a political forum but I'm not understanding the scheme. I know that there are jobs in jeopardy over the mess.
Chuck

Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> The FDA is now going to require a $250,000 fee instead of the $5000 they get now for their 501K program. They are also requiring more education of the surgeons about medical implants coming on to the market. 1. This will cause all of the smaller competitive companies to think twice before bring a new product on to the market. There by taking them out of the medical device buisness. Leaving J&J, Kugel and the rest with the vast majority of the market share. They have now circled the wagons and cut out the smaller ( possibly the more innovative ) companies from competeing. 2. Doctors will now get the majority of blame for the "bad surgeries" that "they" have done. The facts about what mesh does will be lost in the furor about the lack of Implant Education and "Greedy" Dr.'s causing "all" of this great harm to the "Poor Victims" ( literally or figurtively, take your pick!) of their "shabby surgical practices". 3. The FDA in all of its wisdom has again sided with big Medical Manufacturers and hidden it in the guise of helping streamline the system. The fact that our Medicare and Medicaid programs are/is broke/broken, rife with fraud, cost over runs, loss of funds etc AND now lets throw in, what, 50,000 mesh victims? 100,000 victims? All hitting the system at one time. What is Obama Care going to do with that? What is the insurance, legal system and the manufacturers going to do when it breaks that mesh is "REALLY" bad? How is the system going to handle all of the SSI clients because MESH is now recognized as a debilitating "medical device failure". Even the lucky ones that have not had a problem with mesh will want their implant out or part of one of the many lawsuits. This Government and the Medical Device Manufacturers cannot let that happen. They are the ones who perpetuate this stuff. Sonia, in her latest post, mentioned that the Austrailian Government is "monitoring" what the U.S. is doing about mesh! Lets hope they have better luck there than we have had here when it comes to our beloved FDA looking out for OUR interests instead of THEIR interests.
AMU, Thanks for putting in words what I try saying! Yet I wonder how many of our gov people have gone through what we have? But then I reword that for they working for the Fed gov get the best health care that our tax dollars pay for! While we get shit. Ok again should say reverse the picture. Yet lets put the shoe on their foot and ours up their butts! How many of these big manufacture owners, or anyone else that makes the life changing rules/laws, live day in and day out with wasted money, wasted time with lieing doctors that fraud the medcare/medicaid/health insurance companies. SS system. I wonder how long it's going before Walmart be selling Surgery mesh? The big sharks out to kill off to pad their pockets with no feeling for anyone. yet I wonder how they feel if this happen to them or a love one in their close family. They may have a multi dollar life insurance policy on that member. Got member they out for the bucks.
Chuck

Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

AMU some how I left out a thought! One hand blames the other. First surgeon screwed up the first surgery. One has go outside their area now to get help, for no other local surgeon wants touch you, fear of being sued. So refer you to bigger area, big city surgeon, hosital. This for bigger city hospital bigger insurance coverage, lot more hidden cover ups. If we try scamming the Fed Gov we are prison rest of our life no get out of jail free cards. yet these these bastards get away with murder. Buck talks Bullshit walks.
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> AMU, Thanks for putting in words what I try saying! Yet I wonder how many of our gov people have gone through what we have? But then I reword that for they working for the Fed gov get the best health care that our tax dollars pay for! While we get shit. Ok again should say reverse the picture. Yet lets put the shoe on their foot and ours up their butts! How many of these big manufacture owners, or anyone else that makes the life changing rules/laws, live day in and day out with wasted money, wasted time with lieing doctors that fraud the medcare/medicaid/health insurance companies. SS system. I wonder how long it's going before Walmart be selling Surgery mesh? The big sharks out to kill off to pad their pockets with no feeling for anyone. yet I wonder how they feel if this happen to them or a love one in their close family. They may have a multi dollar life insurance policy on that member. Got member they out for the bucks.
Not a problem, Chuck. Your comment about Walmart selling mesh is not far off. Check out E-Bay and you might be scared to find out that they sell Mesh products, including the same patch I have in me, on E-Bay at bargain prices! Counterfiet? Who knows but it makes you wonder in this time of bottom lines..... Best Wishes....
Chuck

Americus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Not a problem, Chuck. Your comment about Walmart selling mesh is not far off. Check out E-Bay and you might be scared to find out that they sell Mesh products, including the same patch I have in me, on E-Bay at bargain prices! Counterfiet? Who knows but it makes you wonder in this time of bottom lines..... Best Wishes....
AMU Yea I dont go on Ebay that much, but I did see that, a friend told me about it. I did check it out.?? I wondered back then how someone could sell medical surgery devices that the Fed Gov suppose to control can allow something of this nature be sold on ebay. But then again nothin surprises me!* Happy Holiday* For any and everything can be bought for a $ price$!!
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> AMU Yea I dont go on Ebay that much, but I did see that, a friend told me about it. I did check it out.?? I wondered back then how someone could sell medical surgery devices that the Fed Gov suppose to control can allow something of this nature be sold on ebay. But then again nothin surprises me!* Happy Holiday* For any and everything can be bought for a $ price$!!
Howdy Chuck.....A friend of mine told me about E-Bay selling patchs and I was like...."NO WAY!" and he's like "Yeah WAY!" And so I'm like..."Thats so Scary!" and he's like "I KNOW!" And then I puked. Anyway, the proliferation and the mindset by the medical community that mesh is benign and is no big deal is a major factor in the lack of concern about victims. All of the testimony and evidence those in power to make these decisions see is the "glowing" tributes the manufacturers present. When testimony is presented by folks like Bruce and Lana, they are subjected to cross examination and character attacks that reminds me more of a Supreme Court nominee hearing than investigation into medical device failures. If you can buy Hernia or Gyno mesh for a cut rate price on the internet who the hell is watching the chicken coop? Trully? The FDA allows this? Shouldn't surprise us I guess. Lets get those products out there boys! Its Christmas time and I want a new Mercedes!( I understand theres a need for Gyno and Hernia mesh in Iran! I have a great idea J&J, Bard etc!) Money and greed fuels this whole sorry travesty we are all living everyday. I am still wondering why we do not hear of a movie star, rock star, professional athlete or a Congressman/Senator or their families that are suffering from a mesh implant. Inquireing minds want to know..........
Johnfrancis

Marcus Hook, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

A guy told me today that his father went to Canada for Inguinal Surgery (walking hernia) back in 80's as they had procedure perfected and then it was brought to the US. He said even the Amish were going up there in small buses for same procedure.
Guess the harder you work the more likely hernia will happen.
His father did very well.
mimismith

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

George Z wrote:
I am a 43 year old male. I had hernia surgery in Dec. 2012. I was told my abdominal wall looked like swiss cheese. A large piece of mesh was put in which is the size of my abdomen. Was told I had 10 hernias.
In approximately March I felt as though someone periodically started stabbing me in the stomach. I'm having terrible bouts of diarrhea. Excessive sweating. Fatigue. And I look like I'm 9 months pregnant.
I've had endoscopies, colonoscopies, gallbladder ultrasound, gallbladder function test. All came back normal. However I did find out I've become lactose intolerant. I have cut out ALL lactose, wheat and gluten from my diet for 2 months. Nothing has changed!!!! The stabbing is getting worse. It's becoming hard to imagine living this way forever.
Help!! Please
I would sure like to hear from you. I have had this done 4 times and just got back from endoscopy and they tell me they found mesh in my stomach, did biopsy and also I am losing most of my meals, food just will not go down......my email, mnsmith@aol.com, we need to talk.
Sheila

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

mimismith wrote:
<quoted text>I would sure like to hear from you. I have had this done 4 times and just got back from endoscopy and they tell me they found mesh in my stomach, did biopsy and also I am losing most of my meals, food just will not go down......my email, mnsmith@aol.com, we need to talk.
I have same symptoms as George Z but was diagnosed with colitis. Severe abdomenal pain, constant diarrhea,fatigue,fever. Everyday! Hard to live like this.
Blair

Charlottetown, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Sheila wrote:
<quoted text>
I have same symptoms as George Z but was diagnosed with colitis. Severe abdomenal pain, constant diarrhea,fatigue,fever. Everyday! Hard to live like this.
When you hear this from your surgeon you know you have been screwed,( I was told my abdominal wall looked like swiss cheese )and yes he will drop you as a patient. You need a plastic surgeon to fix this damage, but they will not point the finger at the mesh. The surgeons were not taught mesh failure in school, but they were taught how not to tell the truth, and how to fill out the paper work so they will not get sued but you are sure going to get screwed over by the system put in place to help you after he lies on his report. They will believe the doctor first, until you prove he lied. That took ten years in my case.
Jane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

The FDA has indeed issued a safety communication that explains the potential risks associated with pelvic mesh or bladder sling devices. They have been reported to cause internal injuries or organ damage in those who have received them. Many women have also complained of bleeding, pain, and infections at a certain point after surgery. Related information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us could be a good reference for those concerned and interested.
Mel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

It is daunting to know that patients who only wish to be relieved from the pain and discomfort caused by hernia and other pelvic problems now stand at risk of serious complications from mesh devices. It's no surprise that women who may have incurred injuries from these implants are found filing lawsuits against the manufacturers. Related information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us could be a good reference for those concerned and interested.
riverrat

Winona, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

looks like the gov will have to write checks for the mesh victims that didnt settle and future mesh vitims do to the fda's none fucntion for the safty for we the people and protect the the medical device scams
Chuck

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

All Meshed Up wrote:
<quoted text> Howdy Chuck.....A friend of mine told me about E-Bay selling patchs and I was like...."NO WAY!" and he's like "Yeah WAY!" And so I'm like..."Thats so Scary!" and he's like "I KNOW!" And then I puked. Anyway, the proliferation and the mindset by the medical community that mesh is benign and is no big deal is a major factor in the lack of concern about victims. All of the testimony and evidence those in power to make these decisions see is the "glowing" tributes the manufacturers present. When testimony is presented by folks like Bruce and Lana, they are subjected to cross examination and character attacks that reminds me more of a Supreme Court nominee hearing than investigation into medical device failures. If you can buy Hernia or Gyno mesh for a cut rate price on the internet who the hell is watching the chicken coop? Trully? The FDA allows this? Shouldn't surprise us I guess. Lets get those products out there boys! Its Christmas time and I want a new Mercedes!( I understand theres a need for Gyno and Hernia mesh in Iran! I have a great idea J&J, Bard etc!) Money and greed fuels this whole sorry travesty we are all living everyday. I am still wondering why we do not hear of a movie star, rock star, professional athlete or a Congressman/Senator or their families that are suffering from a mesh implant. Inquireing minds want to know..........
Hi back 2 U AMU! Yes I know their are a frw sport figures that aren't talked about having groin sports hernias, the media calls it a groin pull. Yet I know of 2 music figures that had herinas. Back in 01/2003 Maurice of the BEE GEES passed away from strangulated hernia. In which I liked the group. Anyway that later summer in Auguest of 2003 I was found to have the same type hernia. My first. In which I brought up questions about M.BeeGee and what happen to him and what I was faced with. Answer was we wouldn't know until we open you up. In which the day of surgery the last thing I heard before going under was that Johnny Cash and John Ritter passed away' different causes Yet here I think it was either lst yr or 2010 their was a counrty male singer that had an emergency life threaten hernia suregy cannt remember his name. So it happens to anyone. Of all walks of life.
Chuck

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> Hi back 2 U AMU! Yes I know their are a frw sport figures that aren't talked about having groin sports hernias, the media calls it a groin pull. Yet I know of 2 music figures that had herinas. Back in 01/2003 Maurice of the BEE GEES passed away from strangulated hernia. In which I liked the group. Anyway that later summer in Auguest of 2003 I was found to have the same type hernia. My first. In which I brought up questions about M.BeeGee and what happen to him and what I was faced with. Answer was we wouldn't know until we open you up. In which the day of surgery the last thing I heard before going under was that Johnny Cash and John Ritter passed away' different causes Yet here I think it was either lst yr or 2010 their was a counrty male singer that had an emergency life threaten hernia suregy cannt remember his name. So it happens to anyone. Of all walks of life.
PS to AMU I was to have my surgery on )9/1103 in which I said no! Just bad feelings from 9/11/01, didnt want surgery on that date. done next day.
nomeshno

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Mel wrote:
It is daunting to know that patients who only wish to be relieved from the pain and discomfort caused by hernia and other pelvic problems now stand at risk of serious complications from mesh devices. It's no surprise that women who may have incurred injuries from these implants are found filing lawsuits against the manufacturers. Related information at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us could be a good reference for those concerned and interested.
Jane/Mel...probably the same person. We all know of the FDA communication, tell us something that can help us. The info your posting is about the bladder sling. Look at the web address it is about the sling . Anyone who wants a lawyer can Google a mesh lawyer or call the numbers on TV, no need to post on here and waste our time with no new info.
Kristin

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

The safety alert released by the FDA that discusses the potential risks associated with mesh devices has reportedly incited a number of lawsuits from women who experienced these injuries. If you wish to be regularly updated about lawsuits and other issues related to bladder mesh devices, you may visit http://www.bladdermeshlawsuit.us
Bea

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

With the string of controversies linked to pelvic mesh implants, it's not difficult to imagine that many women are now daunted to go through surgery involving these medical devices. Although some experts say that they may still be of great benefit to some patients, this may have been proven otherwise by the number of adverse event reports received by the FDA. More information about mesh devices and related issues may also be found at http://www.bladdermeshlawsuit.us
Cecille

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Many women complained of pelvic pain, infections, and bleeding some time after being implanted by mesh devices. It's even more daunting to know that serious complications, including death may be one of the risks of using mesh implants. More information about mesh devices and related issues may also be found at http://www.bladdermeshlawsuit.us
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Kristin wrote:
The safety alert released by the FDA that discusses the potential risks associated with mesh devices has reportedly incited a number of lawsuits from women who experienced these injuries. If you wish to be regularly updated about lawsuits and other issues related to bladder mesh devices, you may visit http://www.bladdermeshlawsuit.us
QUIT USEING THIS SITE TO ADVERTISE YOUR SITE!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,561 - 6,580 of8,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Roanoke News Video

•••
Roanoke Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Roanoke Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••