Woman Shot, Killed In Roanoke Hotel Room

Woman Shot, Killed In Roanoke Hotel Room

There are 47 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from May 18, 2008, titled Woman Shot, Killed In Roanoke Hotel Room. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Police said a woman was killed in a shooting at a Denton County hotel early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
happy medium

Carrollton, TX

#2 May 18, 2008
drug related?
sprad

Anson, TX

#3 May 18, 2008
it was not drug related...
sprad

Anson, TX

#4 May 18, 2008
she will be deeply missed by alot of family and some great friends
anonymous

United States

#6 May 19, 2008
she was a good person and a mother of three...didn't deserve for this to happen...
Whitney

Cleburne, TX

#7 May 19, 2008
They left out the part that the shooting was done with a gun belonging to a sweetwater police officer.
Sweetwater Cop

Big Spring, TX

#10 May 19, 2008
Uh no!!! it was a Nolan County Deputy, he happens to be the firearms instructor!!!
Sweetwater mom

Gallipolis, OH

#17 May 19, 2008
This woman was a great mother, and an extremely kind lady. She loved all children, but especially her own. She coached softball, and cheerleading and was always there to help out. Anyone who can be crude and ugly about such a tragady clearly has no business opening their mouths. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
anonymous2112

United States

#18 May 19, 2008
I heard that this guy was a off duty cop, left his gun by the pool... not seeing this info here. Either way, sounds fishy and if he is a cop, he will walk. What nut leaves a service weapon next to a pool? sheesh, cops are dumb!
Sweetwater resident

Big Spring, TX

#19 May 19, 2008
anonymous2112 wrote:
I heard that this guy was a off duty cop, left his gun by the pool... not seeing this info here. Either way, sounds fishy and if he is a cop, he will walk. What nut leaves a service weapon next to a pool? sheesh, cops are dumb!
Well, you can't speak for all cops. There are many brave men and women who serve and protect that are highly intelligent human beings. They sacrifice their lives even for people like you who say, "cops are dumb." I'm not quite sure where you got your information from, but "the guy" isn't a cop. Cops "police officers" work for the police department.....this guy didn't. Make sure your facts are straight before you start bashing someone. And until you put your life on the line day in and day out, I wouldn't say a word.
Japs Sweetwater Tx

Sweetwater, TX

#21 May 19, 2008
biff tanner wrote:
I hope that bullet did not scratch my BMW 5 series w/built in cd changer and italian leather seats
Dude if I could find you I'd kick the living crap out of you. Don't ever disrespect my family again.
Wow

Little Elm, TX

#23 May 20, 2008
Her own brother Aric McGowan was the one that shot her. What's up with that?
R Painter Sweetwater Tx

Gallipolis, OH

#24 May 20, 2008
Wow wrote:
Her own brother Aric McGowan was the one that shot her. What's up with that?
It was a accident and something hes going to have to live with the rest of his life and they were very close.Thats what's up with that Dumb Ass
Wow

Little Elm, TX

#25 May 20, 2008
anonymous2112 wrote:
Not everyone in law enforcement is dumb, just the one here that left his gun at the poolside for his drunken brother in law to pick it up and shoot his own sister.
Wow

Little Elm, TX

#26 May 20, 2008
R Painter Sweetwater Tx wrote:
<quoted text>It was a accident and something hes going to have to live with the rest of his life and they were very close.Thats what's up with that Dumb Ass
Never heard of an "accident" resulting in a manslaughter charge. Tarrant county medical examiner put homicide on her death certificate. Guess if Aric wasnt so drunk and acting so stupid this wouldnt have happened. He knows that Chester (the deputy) carries a real gun and then flips out when it shoots a real bullet, whatever. Anyway my thoughts are with the husband and the poor kids left without their mom sadly due to big time negligence on a couple of people. Very sad.
Tedra

Abilene, TX

#28 May 21, 2008
it amazes me how all of you can sit and talk about crap you no NOTHING about...it was an accident, my family is hurting...so I am asking you all kindly, if you want the write something then do it with kind words...not pointing fingers, or juding who did what and whose fault it is....it happened...now the ones left have to pick up the pieces...and they DON'T need people who don't know crap about them saying crap.
R Painter

Gallipolis, OH

#29 May 21, 2008
Tedra wrote:
it amazes me how all of you can sit and talk about crap you no NOTHING about...it was an accident, my family is hurting...so I am asking you all kindly, if you want the write something then do it with kind words...not pointing fingers, or juding who did what and whose fault it is....it happened...now the ones left have to pick up the pieces...and they DON'T need people who don't know crap about them saying crap.
I couldnt agree with you more it seems like the bad things in life always happens the good.And to the ones of you writing these stupid ass coments your time will come and i hope it is very soon because people like you deserve everything that you are going to get.
cody c

Tye, TX

#30 May 22, 2008
i used to play baseball with aric when we were kids. i hate this had to happen. i cant imagine what he is going through right now. my thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family of keli atkins.
Da Water

Brooklyn, NY

#31 May 22, 2008
I have know both sides of the family for many years. Keli and Aric were very close. All happens for a reason. The lord always works in mysterious ways. He needed her upstairs and this was her time. The family is in the healing process right now and do not need any comments except for positive ones.

One more thing, "Mr Bad Azz Biff Tanner" I dare you to bring your butt into Sweetwater making stupid jokes like that. You would get your faced danced on by the whole town. She touched so many and was always a tru person!

RIP Kelli, we will miss you!!!!
Amber

United States

#32 May 22, 2008
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of an "accident" resulting in a manslaughter charge. Tarrant county medical examiner put homicide on her death certificate. Guess if Aric wasnt so drunk and acting so stupid this wouldnt have happened. He knows that Chester (the deputy) carries a real gun and then flips out when it shoots a real bullet, whatever. Anyway my thoughts are with the husband and the poor kids left without their mom sadly due to big time negligence on a couple of people. Very sad.
I happen to know aric personally. there is a big difference between drunk and drinking. I have been around him for both sides and never once has he ever even thought about violence especially towards his family. Aric and Keli were close. As for the whole "homicide" ruling why don't you know the family and learn the facts. Not everything you read is true. the family and close friends know what really happened. This is a tragedy for both Keli's husband and children, and her family. Aric will have to deal with this for the rest of his life. You can't judge people. You can't just blame one person it was a bad decision on both parts. Yes eli being a sherrif deputy shouldn't have had the gun on the table in first place, and no Aric shouldn't have picked it up. No one can change what has happened to this family, but we can pray for them and help them in anyway possible. This family needs support right now not people that don't even know them running their mouths about the situation. If you have a heart at all give them a break they are laying Keli to rest tomorrow. Keli we miss you and Aric those who know you, Know you didn't mean for this to happen. We love Aric and Keli!!!
As far as everyone who has nothing good to say keep your mouth's shut and quit judging cause only God can judge people!!!
Amber Sweetwater tx

United States

#33 May 22, 2008
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to know aric personally. there is a big difference between drunk and drinking. I have been around him for both sides and never once has he ever even thought about violence especially towards his family. Aric and Keli were close. As for the whole "homicide" ruling why don't you know the family and learn the facts. Not everything you read is true. the family and close friends know what really happened. This is a tragedy for both Keli's husband and children, and her family. Aric will have to deal with this for the rest of his life. You can't judge people. You can't just blame one person it was a bad decision on both parts. Yes eli being a sherrif deputy shouldn't have had the gun on the table in first place, and no Aric shouldn't have picked it up. No one can change what has happened to this family, but we can pray for them and help them in anyway possible. This family needs support right now not people that don't even know them running their mouths about the situation. If you have a heart at all give them a break they are laying Keli to rest tomorrow. Keli we miss you and Aric those who know you, Know you didn't mean for this to happen. We love Aric and Keli!!!
As far as everyone who has nothing good to say keep your mouth's shut and quit judging cause only God can judge people!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wyndham Pointe Apts Wed Concerned 1
Chaney Hawthorne is missing Wed Connie 1
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Sep 27 gaslight girl 17
Fort Worth Arrest Records and Criminal Mugshots Sep 24 Aidan 2
Buck's Cabaret on Mecham Blvd (Oct '10) Sep 23 The Conniosseur 74
Paschal High School Girls of the 80's (Jun '15) Sep 21 Steve Cullen 22
Irish traveller's (Nov '08) Sep 20 Sweet Briar 1,423

Roanoke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance