Roanoke votes for town to absorb Marshall Creek

Nov 8, 2007 | Posted by: A liberal dose | Full story: A liberal dose

“The vote shows the citizens have faith in our decision to pull Marshall Creek into Roanoke”

ROANOKE -- Marshall Creek's 24-year history will end after Roanoke residents voted overwhelmingly to allow their city to absorb the bankrupt town.

The measure passed Tuesday with 96.7 percent of the vote.

The consolidation will be final when the Roanoke City Council canvasses the votes Nov. 19.

Given Marshall Creek's finances, joining Roanoke was the best option, Marshall Creek Mayor James Macy-Simpson said.

'I'm very relieved,' he said. 'There was a lot of good will toward consolidation.' Read more

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2012
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

Unfortuntately I had the bad luck of ever discovering this hell hole full of nothing but drug dealers, slumlord tenants, deceiving town personnel and scumbags.

It should just fall into the sandpit behind it and bury this miserable waste of space.

Some of the worst that had a hand in bringing it down - Robert, Jan F, John M, Kevin S, Keith B - all crooks that still live there.
Michael Todd Jones

Aubrey, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

I lived there as orphen in part with the town leaders---hence Ray Sowell and Charles Cox--Then I believe founders. I have yet to see retribution for the crimes committed against me, and my freedoms taken from me as abuse of Judge State Magistrate Sowell. Less not forget how corrupt also Hubert Cunningham's Justice of the Peace court was where the super Wal-Mart-= Home depot now resides. I will not stop, now that I know unjust has prevailed all this time to see justice come my way..

raludom@mail.com
cindy lou

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

TRASHY TRASHY TRASHY....everything, everyone there is nothing but trash! Give MC back to the trashmen!
susie Q

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

Cool
Formerly From the Creek

Quinlan, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

Yes the town is indeed a dump of a place, but my father still lives there and he's a great man, so I'm sure there are other decent people speckled across the place that are more than half-way decent too. Too bad you'll only meet the blighted people of Marshall Creek as they're the ones who demand attention.
Also, Marshall Creek helps Roanoke through tax breaks or what not (went to a town hall meeting where Mayor Scooter Gierisch explained the reason why Roanoke would like to annex Marshall Creek.)
Argyle victim of M Creek

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Erase this POS place!

I'm one of those who lived nearby in 2002 when police officers from Marshall Creek were illegally issuing tickets on highway 377 to raise funds for this blighted collection of trailer homes (and yes, that's ALL it was - almost nothing was built on site). I got a $135 ticket for going 66 in a 60 zone, money they were SUPPOSED to refund when it came out that the citations were illegally issued but I never got my money back from these criminals.

I know there are probably some decent people living there, but I still hate this piece of *%$&! fiefdom with a vengeance, and wish to see every vestige of it's former existence erased.
Argyle victim of M Creek

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Success! Marshall Creek is no longer shown on Google maps as a town...appropriate since it isn't one any more. I'm just pleased as punch that I had a part in deleting it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Roanoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr fubar 17,819
gangs of fort worth Tx (Sep '10) 8 hr lil puppet 24
Irish Traveller Neighborhoods in Fort Worth, TX (Jul '12) 8 hr frackwag 495
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 hr That Fart Guy 22,248
Review: Bonfire Capital Group LLC (Aug '13) 20 hr PISSEDOFFCUSTOMER 14
what happened to all the original labare dancer... (Jun '10) Mon fmyles 144
Review: Quick Park Mon Scammed Consumer 1

Search the Roanoke Forum:
•••

Roanoke News Video

•••
•••

Roanoke Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••